Raskvel / Saeri without race kinks?

Fickle Zed

Nov 5, 2017
I'm trying to pick a race for an NPC, but my self-imposed restrictions have gotten me out of most available races. I'd also like to make non-mod-use a plot point. I might end up having to go with a new race, but thought I'd check here first.

Would it be acceptable to have a Raskvel that values chastity?

How about a Saeri that doesn't have the "backwards-taboo" mentality of bondage?

For all my criteria, I'd like a character that is:
  1. (Initially) a chaste outlook on sex
  2. Human-height or smaller, not giant
  3. Alien
  4. Not mammal-morph (mostly as part of snowflake-syndrome: there's a lot of mammal-morph characters)
  5. Not goo
  6. Bipedal
  7. Human-like sexual dimorphism (including potential for effeminate males)
  8. Uplifted, or on the verge of uplifting (not savage)
Unless I'm missing something, my physical criteria narrows it down to Gabilani, Raskvel and Saeri, but all of those races have pronounced sexual aspects that I'd rather not incorporate.

Thoughts?

edit: I actually meant to post this in the general TiTS forum, to get more eyes and hopefully more responses. I'll see how it does here, I guess.

Last edited:

Pumping Lemma

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, I think saeri would be fine. First because it seems they don't see bondage as a purely sexual thing, and then because only the "most conservative" ones are strict on it (contrary to Raskvel and Gabilani whose society and culture are still very focused on reproduction).

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Besides, with saeri, you have a rainbow of colors and patterns to choose for their skin and wings.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Lizans

I wrote this ages ago but the npc i tried to write pretty much died in early-ish stages. Alien-like is pretty subjective, but this might qualify.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Pretty sure what humans consider vanilla is considered kinky in Saeri culture, so you could probably get away with writing a vanilla Saeri if you take that into account and ackowledge it in-game?

Reactions: NotYouNorI

Fickle Zed

Nov 5, 2017
I'm on board with butterfly people, just worried about how significant their cultural taboos are. Reading more on the wiki, they've been a galactic people for long enough that I think I can separate my characters from that culture.

I skipped over the Vildari because the wiki opens saying they're polymorphic, but apparently that's generally limited to skin color? I could maybe work with that.

Thanks for the responses.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Considering that Fyn has a scene in which he shapeshifts into an orc, I don't think it's limited to skin colour. Heck, if I could have a single crewmember for smutty purposes, I'd choose a vildarii for that very same reason: the sky would not be the limit!

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
the sky would not be the limit!

The game mechanics will be, then.

Jokes aside, I read that shapeshifitng is quite taxing for vildarii, as Fyn states after the orc scene. Small things, like another dick or some aesthetical changs could be done easily, but a full-body change would be tiresome, and the vildarii in question may need several hours of rest before attemping another change on their body.

Reactions: NotYouNorI

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Considering that Fyn has a scene in which he shapeshifts into an orc, I don't think it's limited to skin colour. Heck, if I could have a single crewmember for smutty purposes, I'd choose a vildarii for that very same reason: the sky would not be the limit!
well, Fyn really worked on his shapeshifting ability. The average Vildarii isn't as good at it as him.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
The codex does state that the average vildarii is able to change eye colour and skin pigmentation at best. But, of course, the game rarely gives us an average Joe (or Jane) as a named example for a race, especially if said joe is named. Whether this is a good or bad idea, well...

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
The codex does state that the average vildarii is able to change eye colour and skin pigmentation at best. But, of course, the game rarely gives us an average Joe (or Jane) as a named example for a race, especially if said joe is named. Whether this is a good or bad idea, well...
That doesn't mean that making an average joe/jane of a race is prohibited.

Fickle Zed

Nov 5, 2017
Eh, I don't know that most NPCs Steele interacts with are exceptional representations of their race, other than that they're sexy. On the other hand, this sort of thing can definitely be prone to the writer wanting to make their character "notable" by being better-than-average at a racial trait. So far as I can tell, there's only one Vildarii, so it's hard to say whether there's a trend. Granted, that one Vildarii is apparently does fall into that category. That just makes it even worse, since the person who created Fyn probably also created Vildarii. They set the rules, and then made their character an exception.

Either way, I'm currently leaning towards Saeri over Vildarii. And, of course, it'll be a while before I have anything to show on the forum, let alone ready to submit.