Quintillus next?

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Since Barry got demoted to NPC, Quintillus naturally seems next to me at least since seems to be the least popular companion of the bunch.

EDIT: @Emerald Sadface? I forgot, you need your trappy rabbit ear fix. ;p

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Emerald

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Berwyn being demoted had nothing to do with popularity and everything to do with the fact that his original author left, and left Berry in an incomplete state where he was largely the kind of bubble character that companions were specifically intended to not be. Rather than force one of the writers to continue to support him for the rest of the game (and do a whole bunch of catch-up work) along with their own companion, they decided to bump him down to a feature-rich NPC with a big sendoff.

Quin's author is still around, he was literally posting here yesterday and has been sharing some upcoming projects on the Discord server. Not comparable.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Come on now, he the second most popular male companion!

But nah, it aint happening (at least I hope not). Bubs still seems to work for the game and he is willing to write for Quinn.

Last edited:

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I know shit happends but why did Hugs leave anyway? They must have expected that they may need to be on a project like this for the longhaul. Thats the precedent set by CoC and TiTS.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
My understanding of the drama is Hugs was shipping progressively less substantive content, and eventually stuff was denied just for having unacceptibly low wordcount and such. Few scenes, short scenes, Hugs' writing quality can only prop up content so much of it's nearly nonexistent to begin with. When stuff was denied, Hugs took it too hard and either left, or was kicked for toxicity.

Bubs has been sleeping on Quin for literal years, but there is a certain cautious optimism that eventually Bubs will do his companion commitments and write more Quin.

Edit: Bubs has said that Quinn's first expansion has been submitted. For the uninitiated, this includes Quinn's second companion set, a heavy armored soldier type armor.

Last edited:
Reactions: loricd