Question in regards to the Cockvine/Tentacle wings (how does back genitalia work?)

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
Hello everyone, I posted this yesterday already, before the servers imploded & now I can't see the Thread anymore, so I assume it is gone for good. If not I am really sorry I'm opening the topic again, but I had no chance to see if someone replied before things were wiped.

My question is: After using Cerespirin (and then later the Lucifier Apples) my current character got Tentacle wings. So far I haven't found any scene that mentions them (let alone using them) but when I searched the wiki I found that both regular Cockvine as well as Tentacle wings count as "Back genitalia", which made me wonder...what does that mean? Do they have any function that I am missing? Would my character use them if I got rid of the regular Dingdong or is this one of those things that was implemented but never made use off (like basically the Mouthgina e.g.)?

When I tried to google the stuff I only find references to tail genitalia, but is that the same? Wiki makes me think it is not.

Best regards and thanks for any answers in advance!

TheShepard256

is this one of those things that was implemented but never made use off (like basically the Mouthgina e.g.)?
Pretty much. There are only a handful of scenes that utilise them, and I'm pretty sure most of those are variants to otherwise-available scenes rather than scenes that require them in the first place.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
Pretty much. There are only a handful of scenes that utilise them, and I'm pretty sure most of those are variants to otherwise-available scenes rather than scenes that require them in the first place.

Would you mind giving me a tip which scenes that might be? Is it content later in the game? I'm relatively at the start with that character atm.

TheShepard256

Would you mind giving me a tip which scenes that might be? Is it content later in the game? I'm relatively at the start with that character atm.
As someone who very much does not like tentacle sex, I do not actively seek out such scenes; my statement above was based on my experience with the TiTS source code, where I rarely encountering anything that uses back genitals and tend to skip over those bits when I do. The only scenes I can think of off the top of my head are one with the Gabilani Chemist that's half-bugged according to a recent bug report, and a crew orgy written by Nonesuch that, IIRC, requires either Sera or Mitzi (I forget which) to start and includes the other one, Reaha and Celise if possible. The Chemist is on Dhaal which is the current end-game, while the crew members for the orgy are all recruitable at your current point assuming you haven't taken actions that prevent them from being recruited.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
As someone who very much does not like tentacle sex, I do not actively seek out such scenes; my statement above was based on my experience with the TiTS source code, where I rarely encountering anything that uses back genitals and tend to skip over those bits when I do. The only scenes I can think of off the top of my head are one with the Gabilani Chemist that's half-bugged according to a recent bug report, and a crew orgy written by Nonesuch that, IIRC, requires either Sera or Mitzi (I forget which) to start and includes the other one, Reaha and Celise if possible. The Chemist is on Dhaal which is the current end-game, while the crew members for the orgy are all recruitable at your current point assuming you haven't taken actions that prevent them from being recruited.

Thanks a lot! :D I am already happy knowing that there will be some scenes that I might run into that make use of them. I was just worried there might be none at all & then I would have gotten rid of the wings. I totally understand why there is stuff that has no scenes for it because someone needs to write these in the first place, but I still prefer body modifications that do something ofc.
This makes me looking forward to Dhaal for sure, I haven't visited that planet so far because I wanted to have something new to explore even on my 6th(?) character now. I'll probably miss out on the crew scene though, I could get Sera but I don't really fancy her stuff all that much (especially turning her into a Sub, which is the only way to get her as crew member, correct?) even though I think she herself is pretty cool.

TheShepard256

I'll probably miss out on the crew scene though, I could get Sera but I don't really fancy her stuff all that much (especially turning her into a Sub, which is the only way to get her as crew member, correct?) even though I think she herself is pretty cool.
Like I said, I forgot whether it was Sera or Mitzi who's needed to start the orgy; if it's Mitzi (which is more likely now that I think about the context of that scene's announcement), you won't even need Sera as all additional participants are optional. As for Sera, yeah, she has a lot of good content (and sub!Sera is required to get her on your crew), but neither route fits with my Steele's attitude towards dom-sub relationships so she's mostly untouched in my primary playthrough.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
Like I said, I forgot whether it was Sera or Mitzi who's needed to start the orgy; if it's Mitzi (which is more likely now that I think about the context of that scene's announcement), you won't even need Sera as all additional participants are optional. As for Sera, yeah, she has a lot of good content (and sub!Sera is required to get her on your crew), but neither route fits with my Steele's attitude towards dom-sub relationships so she's mostly untouched in my primary playthrough.

Oh I missunderstood that, thought it starts with either of them but then you need all the other potential participants on your crew for the thing to go off. Just for clarification: It doesn't matter if my character also has a regular dick on top of the wings for them to be used if a scene uses them at all, right?

Same goes for my character(s) I always end up playing a Steele that doesn't really fancy domming other people and I personally am not the biggest fan of sub content that makes too much use of dirty talk (with excessive use of degrading language) so it's sometimes kinda hit & miss (I assume a lot of people enjoy that sort of thing so it is part of subby scenes more often than not) xD
Big fan of Luca for that reason, admittedly, especially since she even got an alternate end i find pretty cute.
If I may ask...what is your current character's attitude towards dom-sub relationships? I get the impression you mean that it's not about dum/sub stuff in general but more about the flavor of specifically Sera's content in that regards which makes it so it doesn't fit?

Also, if I'm not stretching your patience, do you know by any chance if some more recently added scenes actually take into account when Steele has a aphrodisiac vagina? Flower or Suula, but most importantly Suula?

TheShepard256

Oh I missunderstood that, thought it starts with either of them but then you need all the other potential participants on your crew for the thing to go off. Just for clarification: It doesn't matter if my character also has a regular dick on top of the wings for them to be used if a scene uses them at all, right?
I'm not sure. I think at least some of these scenes have Steele using their normal cocks primarily, but if the number of those are below a certain threshold (generally one per orifice available for fucking) the scene will then use tail-cocks and/or tentacle wings to fill up to that threshold.
Also, I was looking for the post where I learned of the crew orgy (didn't find it) and I found out that there's apparently a masturbation option where Steele uses their tentacle wings on themself.
If I may ask...what is your current character's attitude towards dom-sub relationships? I get the impression you mean that it's not about dum/sub stuff in general but more about the flavor of specifically Sera's content in that regards which makes it so it doesn't fit?
Pretty much, yeah. Isabel prefers softer dom-sub relationships; she's a switch, and will dominate anyone* but will only be submissive towards people she trusts (e.g. Anno, Syri, Luca, Anyxine)^. Sera is far too abrasive for her tastes, so dom!Sera is off the table. She's also not the kind of person to get people into indentured servitude where it can be avoided (unless they're fully willing, like Bizzy), so sub!Sera is also off the table. Her only sexual interaction with Sera was watching her fuck Saendra for a discount on getting the latter a cock.
*Particularly if they try to rape her, in which case she's willing to not be the nice girl she usually is.
^Other requirements are no/minimal addiction (so no Ardia) and not taking up too much of her time (so no Xanthe).
Also, if I'm not stretching your patience, do you know by any chance if some more recently added scenes actually take into account when Steele has a aphrodisiac vagina? Flower or Suula, but most importantly Suula?
I don't know, but I'd imagine there are a few (probably written by William, who has a better track record accounting for aphrodisiac body parts than most). And don't worry, my patience is rarely stretched when it comes to answering questions on this forum.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
I'm not sure. I think at least some of these scenes have Steele using their normal cocks primarily, but if the number of those are below a certain threshold (generally one per orifice available for fucking) the scene will then use tail-cocks and/or tentacle wings to fill up to that threshold.
Also, I was looking for the post where I learned of the crew orgy (didn't find it) and I found out that there's apparently a masturbation option where Steele uses their tentacle wings on themself.

Pretty much, yeah. Isabel prefers softer dom-sub relationships; she's a switch, and will dominate anyone* but will only be submissive towards people she trusts (e.g. Anno, Syri, Luca, Anyxine)^. Sera is far too abrasive for her tastes, so dom!Sera is off the table. She's also not the kind of person to get people into indentured servitude where it can be avoided (unless they're fully willing, like Bizzy), so sub!Sera is also off the table. Her only sexual interaction with Sera was watching her fuck Saendra for a discount on getting the latter a cock.
*Particularly if they try to rape her, in which case she's willing to not be the nice girl she usually is.
^Other requirements are no/minimal addiction (so no Ardia) and not taking up too much of her time (so no Xanthe).

I don't know, but I'd imagine there are a few (probably written by William, who has a better track record accounting for aphrodisiac body parts than most). And don't worry, my patience is rarely stretched when it comes to answering questions on this forum.

Ah that makes quite some sense, but I take that as removing the normal Dong will not make it so that the wings are just used as a replacement, because that is not how they are coded. They just register in some scenes if the authors felt like accounting for their presence?

I think my current Steele cur relate, minus the domming stuff. x) Sadly I seem to be unable to loose against Syri in the shooting game, so I don't really get the scenes I want I think. Still one of my favorite NPCs, I hope there will be more content with her in the future, or maybe I just never made it far enough to get a chance to recruit her? If that is even meant to be a thing at some point.
I don't think my Steele feels like having Sera use Saendra and rather pay for the mod in credits. xD

It's cool that you feel like answering questions the way you do, mighty kind of ya. I guess now I have to toss a coin if I want to keep the mouthgina on her or change vag to Suula. But i think Mouthgina literally has only 1 scene in Breedwell that mentions it in any way shape or form, so probably it doesn't make a difference anyway, outside of roleplay flavor, even if it turns out no scene accounts for having a Siren cunny. I vaguely remember that, again Breedwell, also had something for flower vagina, but outside of that i can't recall any moment where having 1 had any effect on the scene.

TheShepard256

Ah that makes quite some sense, but I take that as removing the normal Dong will not make it so that the wings are just used as a replacement, because that is not how they are coded. They just register in some scenes if the authors felt like accounting for their presence?
That sounds right for the majority of scenes. There might be a few where that isn't the case, but I've no idea which ones they'd be.
Sadly I seem to be unable to loose against Syri in the shooting game, so I don't really get the scenes I want I think. Still one of my favorite NPCs, I hope there will be more content with her in the future, or maybe I just never made it far enough to get a chance to recruit her? If that is even meant to be a thing at some point.
The bets are decided by a bunch of standard ranged combat attacks made by Steele against Syri (15 for normal bets, 30 for petplay bets). Steele needs to miss at least twice to lose (and with the petplay bet, you still have the option to sub if you win). Still, Isabel didn't trust Syri enough to sub to her until officially becoming fuckbuddies with her (she won the sex bet and anally rode her, losing her second virginity in the process). And crew Syri is definitely going to be a thing; Savin's writing it right now.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
That sounds right for the majority of scenes. There might be a few where that isn't the case, but I've no idea which ones they'd be.

The bets are decided by a bunch of standard ranged combat attacks made by Steele against Syri (15 for normal bets, 30 for petplay bets). Steele needs to miss at least twice to lose (and with the petplay bet, you still have the option to sub if you win). Still, Isabel didn't trust Syri enough to sub to her until officially becoming fuckbuddies with her (she won the sex bet and anally rode her, losing her second virginity in the process). And crew Syri is definitely going to be a thing; Savin's writing it right now.

I see, seems as if some of my perks make it nigh impossible to miss, I think it is probably Fucksense combined with a pretty high libido? Not sure, even reducing aim to 0 didn't help, for whatever reason, so I assume I must accept missing out on the loosing scene on the current character.
Still haven't reached Fuckbuddy status with Syri, I'm curious how reaching that & then solving her personal quest will effect the Christmas event with her fam. My character wanted to have her the vanilla way after winning but since Syri wants no kids she wasn't pushed. xD I kinda like her stance, but after seeing the 3some scene with Era, who she seems to not mind knocking up if I didn't read that stuff wrong or something I felt as if I had to reload because it seemed a bit out of place.
Hearing that Syri is going to be a crewmate in the future sure is nice, also sounds as if said future won't be too far away anymore.

TheShepard256

Still haven't reached Fuckbuddy status with Syri, I'm curious how reaching that & then solving her personal quest will effect the Christmas event with her fam.
It doesn't really have any effects, but it's required to get Syri to invite you as her +1. And becoming fuckbuddies is as simple as 'fuck once -> talk to her in the morning -> agree to be fuckbuddies'.
I kinda like her stance, but after seeing the 3some scene with Era, who she seems to not mind knocking up if I didn't read that stuff wrong or something I felt as if I had to reload because it seemed a bit out of place.
Syri only wears condoms in scenes with Steele because those scenes were written before Sterilex existed. As part of her crew content, Savin's planning on removing the condoms from those scenes, so we can assume she's going to be retconned into taking Sterilex. Source: /r/ feedback: Syri Recruutment.

Reactions: Orphanus

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
It doesn't really have any effects, but it's required to get Syri to invite you as her +1. And becoming fuckbuddies is as simple as 'fuck once -> talk to her in the morning -> agree to be fuckbuddies'.

Syri only wears condoms in scenes with Steele because those scenes were written before Sterilex existed. As part of her crew content, Savin's planning on removing the condoms from those scenes, so we can assume she's going to be retconned into taking Sterilex. Source: /r/ feedback: Syri Recruutment.

I think I confused becomming Fuckbuddies with the event where she disappears & the visit when Steele lands (where she gives Steele her panties), but it's the other way around, isn't it? The lvl 9 event and the visit only trigger when Steele and her are BFBs.

That makes a lot of sense actually and after reading Savin's Thread in regards to crew Syri I can't help but admit I'm an idiot and/or blind. I should have seen that before. If Savin changes that retrospectively it would be awesome, but if it is taken into account in the new scenes it would be great enough already. Though I couldn't help but wonder about one thing: When Syri's scenes (the old ones) were written wasn't being infertile from perks already a thing? I started playing TiTs not that long ago. If I recall correctly it was already game version 0.8.X, so I have no idea how old some of the scenes are and it's not like Savin wasn't already top notch in regards to skill and writing style. But since Syri is encountered on the 1st planet I realize the stuff is among the oldest, right?

TheShepard256

I think I confused becomming Fuckbuddies with the event where she disappears & the visit when Steele lands (where she gives Steele her panties), but it's the other way around, isn't it? The lvl 9 event and the visit only trigger when Steele and her are BFBs.
Yeah, becoming fuckbuddies (a.k.a. friends with benefits) with her is a prerequisite for all of her non-betting content, and getting her panties and being level 9 are prerequisites for her leaving Mhen'ga. The latter triggers her personal quest once you meet her again on Uveto.
Though I couldn't help but wonder about one thing: When Syri's scenes (the old ones) were written wasn't being infertile from perks already a thing? I started playing TiTs not that long ago. If I recall correctly it was already game version 0.8.X, so I have no idea how old some of the scenes are and it's not like Savin wasn't already top notch in regards to skill and writing style. But since Syri is encountered on the 1st planet I realize the stuff is among the oldest, right?
Syri was already implemented for a long time when I first played TiTS, too (I started between the implementations of Uveto and Zheng Shi), so I don't know if the Infertile perk existed back when her scenes were written (the Sterile perk couldn't have existed, as that can only be gotten from Sterilex, which definitely didn't exist back then). However, she'll still wear a condom even if Steele tells her they're infertile, as she doesn't want to take chances.
Also, just because a planet is old doesn't mean all the NPCs on that planet are equally old. Syri is almost certainly as old as Mhen'ga, but the planet still has quite a lot of content implemented long after the main quest on it was finished: Thyvara, Plantation Quest, the Zil Bulls, Penny's recruitment quest...

Fun fact: Anno's statblock started as a copy-paste of Syri's; years later, Fenoxo was building a system to generate Appearance screen descriptions for NPCs and used Anno as a test, only to discover that someone forgot to remove the balls from her statblock.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
Yeah, becoming fuckbuddies (a.k.a. friends with benefits) with her is a prerequisite for all of her non-betting content, and getting her panties and being level 9 are prerequisites for her leaving Mhen'ga. The latter triggers her personal quest once you meet her again on Uveto.

Syri was already implemented for a long time when I first played TiTS, too (I started between the implementations of Uveto and Zheng Shi), so I don't know if the Infertile perk existed back when her scenes were written (the Sterile perk couldn't have existed, as that can only be gotten from Sterilex, which definitely didn't exist back then). However, she'll still wear a condom even if Steele tells her they're infertile, as she doesn't want to take chances.
Also, just because a planet is old doesn't mean all the NPCs on that planet are equally old. Syri is almost certainly as old as Mhen'ga, but the planet still has quite a lot of content implemented long after the main quest on it was finished: Thyvara, Plantation Quest, the Zil Bulls, Penny's recruitment quest...

Fun fact: Anno's statblock started as a copy-paste of Syri's; years later, Fenoxo was building a system to generate Appearance screen descriptions for NPCs and used Anno as a test, only to discover that someone forgot to remove the balls from her statblock.

That's true, stuff has been added to older planets even since I started playing TiTS, which is especially good for replay value, it's nice to have something new to discover every once in a while even when going through the starting areas again.
I'm not sure who Thyvara is but I atleast have run into the Plantation Quest, even though I've not done it yet, since it didn't seem as interesting as a lot of other stuff.

Actually a pretty amusing fun fact, so the system that generates appearance screen descriptions is the "Appearance" Option when talking with NPCs I assume?

TheShepard256

so the system that generates appearance screen descriptions is the "Appearance" Option when talking with NPCs I assume?
Actually, it's the Closer Look option when battling certain enemies that outputs a wall of text, similar to Steele's Appearance screen, for that enemy. The Appearance options for NPCs that have them (which are generally as old as the NPC themself) are actually hand-written by their author and pretty much never use the PC Appearance screen template (or any template at all, really).

Reactions: Orphanus