Quest Failed - Chapter Two Demo released! [Monster Girl/Femdom Visual Novel]

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
I really liked the demo but as The Dark Master said it needs more choice to be a truly good. For me given what the demo gave me and what it hinted at for the full release of chapter 1, I feel like $5 is what I would be willing to pay for it per chapter but $10 is a bit much without much more interactivity. Mind you I have also been horribly spoiled by the internet giving me free shit so I am not sure how much that is affecting my judgment on this. I like the voices you picked for the characters, they match wonderfully. A extra giggle sound bite for Jilly would be a nice touch for her intro scene though, it threw me out of the moment when I herd the same giggle sound within a few seconds. 

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
I really liked the demo but as The Dark Master said it needs more choice to be a truly good. For me given what the demo gave me and what it hinted at for the full release of chapter 1, I feel like $5 is what I would be willing to pay for it per chapter but $10 is a bit much without much more interactivity. Mind you I have also been horribly spoiled by the internet giving me free shit so I am not sure how much that is affecting my judgment on this. I like the voices you picked for the characters, they match wonderfully. A extra giggle sound bite for Jilly would be a nice touch for her intro scene though, it threw me out of the moment when I herd the same giggle sound within a few seconds. 

Hiya there, thanks for going through it! Glad to hear you enjoyed it~

To address some of your feedback:

On the subject of the price point, this is something that was heavily debated on as I went forward with things. But upon discussing things with numerous people, interested storefronts, etc., they agreed that somewhere around the range of $10 is a perfect price for it, given its content. Especially considering how much more expensive development is when voice acting is brought into the mix. This will always be the price point for each new chapter though, and it will never get any more expensive (bar the possibility of putting them all together in the end as one mega game upon completion of the final chapter). And if the first chapter is successful, this will allow me to add far more content into subsequent chapters, too. Gosh, I sure said 'chapters' a lot.

I feel confident that I'm offering a an experience well worth the money, however, and will always strive to deliver fun, polished games packed with content, both visual and in terms of writing~

Further interactivity will be included in the full game, fear not. And I'll try to make each choice fairly meaningful in what it adds to the overall plot, and potential of unlocking hidden scenes and the like, for those curious enough to explore all of the options.

On the giggling sound clips, I actually do have a multitude of giggles for Jilly to use during various conversations. Perhaps it was a goof up on my end that I used the same one twice in succession, but fixing that should be no problem, along with additional sound clips to be recorded, since those are fairly easy to have done compared to fully voiced h-scenes.

Thanks again for going through it, and your feedback! I'll be sure to keep everything in mind when moving forward. More interactivity is definitely something I'll be striving towards!

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
That sounds reasonable and I am glad the giggles will be so easy to fix. With how high the price of voice acting has been portrayed from other creators I have followed I was afraid it would be a arm and a leg to switch. I wonder how much a AAA voice actor gets paid? I suppose a good voice can make or break a game so its worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
Hiya, apologies for going a little quiet with the thread!

Glad to see there's still in interest in the development of things~

At the moment, I'm approaching the release of the first chapter, so I've sort of been hunkering down and working to get everything done. I didn't mean to neglect this thread so much though, since I really appreciate all of the support you guys are giving me.

Right now I'm aiming to get everything done for a late August release if everything goes well. I'm just compiling together some of the final assets such as the CG scenes and the voice acting as they roll in.

If you have any specific concerns or questions about the development of things however, feel free to ask and I'll try my best to get back to you in a timely manner!

Thanks again, everyone!

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
I don't mind, to be honest, you could do nothing on it ever again and it would still be in my top 10 fave VN's xD

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
I don't mind, to be honest, you could do nothing on it ever again and it would still be in my top 10 fave VN's xD

Goodness, you're making me blush~

Well, I at least hope the full game adds to that experience and doesn't retroactively ruin it! Though I suppose that would be quite a feat in itself.

Thanks again for all the support!

TheKaiseriswiser

May 3, 2016
This was well worth my money, excellent job Frostworks! (And the voice cast as well!) Ruby is best waifu. But yeah I really would like to see a 2nd chapter to this, I really liked it.

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
This was well worth my money, excellent job Frostworks! (And the voice cast as well!) Ruby is best waifu. But yeah I really would like to see a 2nd chapter to this, I really liked it.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed! And yeah, haha, I have a soft spot for Ruby despite how, uh, aggressive she can be. I hope to really be able to expand on her character in new chapters, since I'm sure you can see the direction she's going in. ; P

Omnibomb

Aug 14, 2016
looks cool, but am sad, more monstergirl femdom. One of these days I'll find a good monster girl game with a dominant male protag

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
looks cool, but am sad, more monstergirl femdom. One of these days I'll find a good monster girl game with a dominant male protag

Yeah, I understand femdom isn't for everyone. Though as you can imagine I'm a huge fan of it, so being able to make a game around it was like a dream come true~

While I can't promise that the main character will ever become dominant, at the very least with girls he develops bonds with, some scenes with them might begin to become semi-consensual, haha. And he will develop as a character, too as the chapters roll by.

Reactions: TheKaiseriswiser

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016
It's a good game, quality production, good art, voice acting. 

I had to pull out though, breasts were all just too large for me. 

I'm a card carrying member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, and i understand it's a niche group, but one must go where ones proclivities lead them :p

itty_bitty.jpg

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
It's a good game, quality production, good art, voice acting. 

I had to pull out though, breasts were all just too large for me. 

I'm a card carrying member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee, and i understand it's a niche group, but one must go where ones proclivities lead them :p

View attachment 5422

Thank you~

I'll try to strive for more variety in the future! I'll win you back yet, haha.

Reactions: TheKaiseriswiser

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
Hiya there again, guys!

Gosh, I'm super late now as my mind has been frazzled with things, but alongside Nutaku you can now purchase Chapter One on both itch.io and MangaGamer, so there's plenty of options for all~

In addition, Chapter Two is now officially in production, too, so I'm all ears for what monster girls people may want to see and any kinds of scenarios they might like to see unfold within the world after playing the first chapter. I'm super excited for what the future will hold with the second chapter and believe I can make it even bigger and better than the first!

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
It does look quite nice, was just me lamenting the lack of dominant male x monster girl games.
Femdom is almost inherently rolled into the whole monster girl fetish given that they're all much stronger and usually more physically intimidating than humans. To flip it around that's like asking for femdom bimbo content - not to say there isn't any but that's going against the nature of the beast.

There are a few that have that kind of content, though. DarkMaster recently made One Last Hunt and that has some.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Femdom is almost inherently rolled into the whole monster girl fetish given that they're all much stronger and usually more physically intimidating than humans. To flip it around that's like asking for femdom bimbo content - not to say there isn't any but that's going against the nature of the beast.

There are a few that have that kind of content, though. DarkMaster recently made One Last Hunt and that has some.
Not necessarily, I've seen quite a few monster girl games where the only sexual content was maledom (usually you can sex the girls after beating them, but you just die or get game over if you lose). I think recently there has been a femdom monster girl movement off of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia (leading into Monster Girl Quest and similar games). My game (One Last Hunt) is the odd one out, since it's actually a switch game with both femdom and maledom.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
There are some, yeah, but the vast majority of monster girl stuff is on the femdom side of things. For a lot of specific monsters it's going against their whole appeal/fetish to do it any other way. Lamias for instance have the whole "wrapping" thing and that would be tough to phrase as a male dominant scene. But then if you don't include it you're not really getting at why people even like them.

It's probs. most correct to say that certain monster girls can lend themselves to male dominant scenes but many more of the monster appeals themselves lean into inherently femdom territory for various reasons.

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
Hiya there, everyone!

Gosh, it's been a while since I last updated this thread--but rest assured I've been working super hard on Chapter Two, and it's proving to be one of the largest projects I've worked on so far, nearly quadrupling the amount of content that Chapter One had, so I'm super excited at how things have turned out.

I really do need to overhaul the main post I have and try to put in information more relevant to Chapter Two now--but in the meantime I wanted to take the time to tell you all that I've recently launched a rather large demo of Chapter Two for anyone that may be interested in trying it out! There's 3 main h-scenes to discover and then a general cg scene which is still pretty steamy too, so there's quite a bit of content to work through in addition to the story line unfolding alongside it all.

Feel free to download at: https://frostworks.itch.io/quest-failed-chapter-two

And I'll be checking in regularly to answer any questions or queries people might have about things! Thank you~

FrostWorks

Jun 7, 2016
Happy Easter, guys~ April is gonna be a great month for Quest Failed related stuff I think!

DZtCDMbX4AEy0xB.jpg

I've also released a small prototype which is more akin to an adventure game, with a h-scene present in it--and will be posting a public version of the build in the coming weeks, so look forward to that, too! It's been a busy couple of months for sure. I know I've been a bit quiet in keeping these threads up to date, but rest assured progress is being made!

DZp7j3gXcAEo2Xd.jpg