Problem with Gray Goo Armor (Nova) Swimsuit

JVR

Sep 2, 2018
I just can't get her to offer to be able to turn into swimwear. I'm wearing nothing but her and the Strappy White Bikini Top and Bottom. She can turn into other outfits, and I'm at the beach/pool area on Tavros but she just won't offer that option. I'm Level 6 and the wiki says that Level 4 should be high enough for this. I've talked her ear off and sexed her several times for days now, but still no swimwear option. What am I doing wrong?

I still have the last version of the Flash game and the old TiTSEd program, so presumably I could try cheating that into the save before converting to a Java file for use with the new game. Though I'm not sure what settings I'd need to change.

shrikes

Apr 24, 2017
I'm wearing nothing but her and the Strappy White Bikini Top and Bottom.
I think she's supposed to be in your inventory. Also, If it still doesn't work, I always unlock this at the Gabilani Resort on the north west corner of Tarkus.

JVR

Sep 2, 2018
I'll give that a try. Thanks!

EDIT:

Ok, that worked. I'm now going through all the rest of her upgrades and figuring out what works and what doesn't work to unlock them. When I finish I'll post the guide for all them here. The wiki's good, but sometimes the instructions are a little sparse.

Last edited:
Reactions: shrikes

Dusty77

Apr 20, 2023
By the way, not all of Nova's modifications have yet been implemented in the game... I suggest you read this discussion channel.

But according to Adjatha some modifications will not be added. Beyond the big changes, more outfit customization and dialog options would be appreciated.

shrikes

Apr 24, 2017
I'll give that a try. Thanks!

EDIT:

Ok, that worked. I'm now going through all the rest of her upgrades and figuring out what works and what doesn't work to unlock them. When I finish I'll post the guide for all them here. The wiki's good, but sometimes the instructions are a little sparse.
I just unlocked all of Nova's upgrades on a new save, but noticed that the shield upgrade from Uveto didn't seem to take. I did the event and saw the blurb saying Nova figured out how to upgrade herself, but no increase in shields. Did this get bugged in the transfer from Flash to JS?

JVR

Sep 2, 2018
Hmmm. I just unlocked that (I'm close to posting my guide here), but it hasn't gone away yet. Do you have a save from just before you got it? I did, just in case something went wrong before I went to battle Janeria. Let me load my most recent save and go check.

UPDATE: Still there on my save.

1700870085393.png

JVR

Sep 2, 2018
Ok, I believe I've got everything all worked out now. Here's a proven and tested guide to all of Nova's upgrades to date. These aren't always the only way to get these upgrades, but they're the ones that worked for me.

Change Appearance / Form / Outfit (Level 3)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
Onboard your ship

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
Nova

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Chat and chat with her for about 12+ hours a day until midnight, then sex her and go to Sleep. Repeat this routine for a few days. After that, tell her to Stay and she’s now accessible from the Crew menu. Start chatting with her until she eventually learns to assume other specific forms. At the end of this scene you’ll get a notice in bold text: “You can now Customize Nova’s appearance!

Swimsuit (Level 4)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
The Beach ‘n Surf on Tavros Station, and then at the Beach.

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
One-Piece Swimsuit

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Show up wearing Nova, then purchase and switch into the One-Piece Swimsuit (this boots Nova back into your carried items inventory). Next, unequip your Upper and Lower Undergarments. Now just talk to her until she decides to join you in the pool and learns to make herself some swimwear in the process. At the end of this scene you’ll get a notice in bold text: “Nova has learned how to change into swimwear!

Helmet / Airtight (Level 5)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
Myrellion and onboard your ship

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
Armstrong Space Suit (either Azure or Ultraviolet)

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Go to Myrellion and visit Liriel at her stand, "The Little Green Man", in the northwest corner of Mushroom Park in Gildenmere. Purchase one of the Armstrong Space Suits and then go back to your ship. Put it on and make sure that Nova is in your carried items inventory, then talk to her. She’ll be curious about the suit and shape herself to mimic its abilities. At the end of this scene you’ll get a notice in bold text: “Nova has learned how to create a helmet!

Cold Protection (Level 6)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
Uveto

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
Nova

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Go to the northeast corner and purchase a Welcome Basket from Tlako, then head back to the landing bay (or some unoccupied space on this level of the space station). Talk to Nova and she’ll get curious about the Thermal Pack that’s contained in the Welcome Basket. After grabbing it for some examination, she’ll learn to mimic its effects. At the end of this scene you’ll get a notice in bold text: “Nova can now protect you against cold hazards.

Healing (Level 7)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
Onboard your ship.

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
Not be wearing Nova (but she’s in your carried items inventory)

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Talk to her while you have at least 10x Vials of Gray Microbots in your Inventory. She’ll examine and consume them. At the end of this scene you’ll get a notice in bold text: “Nova has learned how to heal minor injuries!

Expose Specific Body Areas (Level 9)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
Tarkus

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
Rogue’s Rags (this is the cheapest and easiest option, at least)

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Drop in to see Shekka and buy the Rogue’s Rags for 400 credits. Go back to your ship and swap Nova out for the Rogue’s Rags and then start talking to her. She’ll be intrigued with your new outfit and learn to mimic its exposed properties. At the end of this scene you’ll get a notice in bold text: “Nova has learned how to make exposed armor--although it may come with some minor drawbacks!”

Greater Defense (Level ANY)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
Myrellion, the Deep Caves, Queen Taivra's Palace

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
Nova

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Defeat the Crystal Goo Incubator, then allow Nova to examine/sample her after combat. This adds +2 Defense and the Mirrored damage resistance flag to her. There’s no special notice at the end of this scene.

Electric Resistance and Bonus Shields (Level ANY)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
Uveto

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
The Akkadi Armored Depthsuit (but Nova’s in your carried items inventory)

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Defeat Janeria in the Deepsea Research Facility (nearly next door to the Steele Tech office on the planet). Afterwards, Nova will pop out to examine things and get her upgrades. The scene’s title is Armor Upgrade.

Nursedroid (Level ANY)
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE:
Mhen’ga, at the Medical Office

WHAT YOU NEED TO WEAR:
Have Nova in your carried items inventory

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Interact with V-Ko and you’ll see an “Upgrade Nova” button that costs 10,000 credits. At the end of this scene you’ll get a notice in bold text: “Note: The Medical abilities are charged by giving her cum and girl cum.

Last edited:

shrikes

Apr 24, 2017
Hmmm. I just unlocked that (I'm close to posting my guide here), but it hasn't gone away yet. Do you have a save from just before you got it? I did, just in case something went wrong before I went to battle Janeria. Let me load my most recent save and go check.

UPDATE: Still there on my save.
I don't think I had the presence of mind to make a save before the fight with the Janeria, but after looking at your screenshot, I think I figured it out. I had Nova expose my PC's chest area before the fight. When I had her cover everything up, the 50 bonus shield points kicked in, and stayed even after I set the chest area to exposed again!

Also, fantastic list! I hope this is helpful to new players or those that have had problems with this in the past.

Reactions: JVR

JVR

Sep 2, 2018
I don't think I had the presence of mind to make a save before the fight with the Janeria, but after looking at your screenshot, I think I figured it out. I had Nova expose my PC's chest area before the fight. When I had her cover everything up, the 50 bonus shield points kicked in, and stayed even after I set the chest area to exposed again!

Also, fantastic list! I hope this is helpful to new players or those that have had problems with this in the past.
Glad I could help. :)

And, yes, I'm hoping this guide will help others who are in the same situation I was. It's the guide I wish I'd had available.