Power wave?

S

Some Guy

So Power Wave has the weapon, melee, and spell tags. What I want to know is does my weapon need the catalyst tag to add it's bonuses or does the fact that it has the weapon tag take care of that?

Prince Charming

Mar 18, 2020
From looking at the code, Power Wave is a weapon hit, so it doesn't use your catalyst accuracy and catalyst crit chance. However it does use your weapon's bonus accuracy and crit chance regardless of whether it's a catalyst or not.

What the power having both [Weapon] and [Spell] tag does, however, is that it will use either your armor penetration or your spell penetration, whichever is higher. On the other hand, it also means that the power should be disabled by both Disarm and Silence.

Reactions: Baggrin
S

Some Guy

So will it still get the bonus fire damage from the Guldring? "Special Effect: All your spells deal half your Presence in extra Fire damage."

Prince Charming

Mar 18, 2020
Unfortunately no. In the code, Power Wave uses weaponDamage instead of spellDamage, and the Guldring only effects damage coming from the spellDamage function. There are unfortunately many discrepancies between what the game says it does and what the code actually does!

Reactions: Baggrin

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Unfortunately no. In the code, Power Wave uses weaponDamage instead of spellDamage, and the Guldring only effects damage coming from the spellDamage function. There are unfortunately many discrepancies between what the game says it does and what the code actually does!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

please bug report this for me if you haven't already. Put a nice big COMBAT BUG FOR BALAK in the title either way.

• Haha
Reactions: Malidica
S

Some Guy

My inner mini-maxer would but I don't actually know how to. As in I don't have to say where I've tried it yet and don't know how to find the code to send that report anyway.

S

Some Guy

Oh yeah holy shock would have the same problem with the ring. Also any future spells that are similar to this.