Possible TiTS Planets

Mooing_Mermaid

Mar 17, 2017
Design a Planet - Brainstorming for Fun

So.
I love creating and developing worlds, civilizations/cultures, species/races, star systems, etc. (I may make a career out of it if everything pans out!) After reading the thread about Phaedra II and the 4th planet, I got to thinking about potential ideas for the rest of the probe planets.
An underwater utopia with dark disturbing secrets?
A deadly mountainscape with clouds of acid and reservoirs of liquid methane?
A Pluto-like world seeming devoid of life, only to discover that its a tropical paradise cloaked by a holographic atmosphere?

What ideas do you have? What would you like to see more or less of?

Maybe the creators at FenCo already have a general idea or vision for the rest of the planets. Maybe this thread/our ideas will inspire them and/or give them insight into what the people want. Hell, maybe with enough volunteers we could devise our own planet and put it into the game like we do for various other types of content. Who knows!
Bottom line: enjoy yourself, let the creative juices flow, build on one another's ideas, and don't be afraid of rejection. Concept design is not about what is a good or bad idea; it is a process that is meant to determine what does and doesn't work as well as utilizing all participants strengths to make something worthwhile. :)

~~~

LIST OF SPECIAL STUFF - Noteworthy Mentions
  • Intergalactic Olympics (Irrlicht, Saafi05
  • Abandoned Alien Homeworlds (HugsAlright :smuggo:)
  • Abnormal Conditions... see BitchBroken's post
  • Tropical Paradise (coconut bikinis and nude beach sluts, anyone?)
  • Medieval-Age Planet with Fantastical Castles and Dreamy Knights and Damsels And! crashing a group of heroes DnD-esque quest (Dolphi)
  • Underwater Bubble Cities (Savin, myself, others)
  • A.I. Invasion - the Planet of Androids and Robutts Robots (again Savin :allears:)
  • Mountains and Temperate Forests (Coalsack)
  • Industrial-turned-Nuclear -- a civilization that reaches the level of space technology way ahead of its time with the help of a Steele probe (Zevos)
  • "Sex Flags" - a sex theme park (Arachnorocker)
  • Eternal Darkness - a world that thrives without direct sunlight, trapped in eternal darkness, possibly tidally locked. (dkurage, Dragonice, LaserSpecter, Arachnorocker)
  • Death by Pulsar - a planet oribiting a Pulsar

DETAILS ABOUT SPECIAL STUFF

A tidally locked planet could have a lot of variety. One side is boiling hot, the other frozen, and everybody's that crammed in the habitable zone between is stuck dealing with the insane weather.
Or just go for crazy and have a dark little planet orbiting a pulsar or something other than your standard star. The changes in gravity and radiation led to life evolving in...strange ways.

A planet that is basically pitch black. An abandoned alien planet that's always dark. Creatures have adapted to using light and hipno as a form of weapon. The enemies are massive as massive as dinosaurs so Titian creatures are there as well and the only surviving race that hasn't abandoned the planet are a Utopia aquatic race that lives in bubble citys as refuge from the monsters on land.

Personally I think it would be interesting to see a planet where the inhabitants have adapted to low-light, if not pitch black conditions. And players would need some kind of Night Vision or Thermal equipment to be able to see properly on the planet, another alternative is just give that option to non-pure human Steele’s, since the majority of animals have night vision already (i.e. Cats, Dogs, etc.). On the planet would a species who have gone blind or used echo location in combat and would be immune to Tease or attacks that blind the target. And throwing a flash bang would blind Steele instead.

OLYMPICS! And the classic greek kind of Olympics. No socks, no shirt, welcome in!

Now, we need to collect what disciplins we will trow in. We need clasical sports and more 'special' ones.
So, normal ones first:
-Wresting
-Running
-Swimming
-Archery
[Etc.]

And Special ones?
-Well, You will come up with some, I am sure of it.

I love the AI hivemind planet concept, but three more ideas:

- The Steele Tech corporate offices. They could be hosted on a space station or whatever. This part of the game functions as a subterfuge-heavy place with lots of intricate corporate politics, loyalty/enemy counters, factions, and so on. Seems like a major opportunity for rival-focused content. Also, if you bang one of the employees you have to meet with HR. Every time. It's intensely awkward and boring, eventually you have to start attending workshops while HR tells you that things have changed since Dad was going around. You can actually get a bad end for violating the HR policy too many times in too short of a period; the board decides that you would be too much of a public relations liability to allow you to become president.

- D/s area. There are a million ways to do this, but the way I'd do it is have a world that controlled by a council of dominants. The world is hierarchical in the sense that the dominants are the obvious ruling class and the subs are the obvious underclass, but there are also grades of submissives (from slaves to maids to assistants to right-hand men/women). At the same time, the councilmembers are nominally equal but it's a piranha pit of constant undermining and table turning. Upon arrival, Steele's reputation precedes him/her and you're slotted into one of the classes based on something (or combination of things in your log), but you can buy your way into a different slot as well. Also, the planet might secretly be ruled by the subs (or, at the very least, the subs of the council's leader).

- University planet. Everything there is expensive (it can be a credit-sink), but you can pick up new combat or quality-of-life perks by studying there. You can join a frat or sorority, some existing characters across the universe could be ex-members, there might be a dating sim/romance novel element to the classroom sections. Maybe Dad is a graduate and you're a legacy. There are club possibilities, athletics possibilities, Steele could become a cheerleader or be a tutor, so on and so forth.

I think an "abandoned homeworld" type planet would be the coolest shit. Just exploring dilapidated alien cities or underground complexes, learning about what happened to this civilization (and looking for a probe I guess, maybe it landed somewhere the PC can't get to without alien keycards or something).

I would like a planet that has abnormal conditions, like maybe say intense gravity where you'd have to go through training before you can step foot on the planet(unless you have sufficient physique).

Ideas that Savin Thinks Are Cool But Probably Will Never Happen
-Huge urban sprawl planet with a big cyberpunk theme
-The Leithan homeworld, aka Attack on Titan: The Planet.
-An underwater planet made up of bubble cities; Steele has to explore outside in a Big Daddy kinda suit.
-A planet dominated by artificial life. Uploaded consciousnesses in robutt bodies or outright A.I.
-A medieval planet with castles and knights and all that jazz

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
An underwater utopia with dark disturbing secrets?
I'd be content if my Steele could bang some Spehs Alpha Series in Spehs Rapture.

A Pluto-like world seeming devoid of life, only to discover that its a tropical paradise cloaked by a holographic atmosphere?
This is a concept I'd dig!

maybe with enough volunteers we could devise our own planet and put it into the game

"oh my god don't write a planet"
- Magic Ted

Last edited:

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Taking some inspiration from Stellaris in terms of what types of planets are there, I think we can safely slice up types of planets into the following:

Wet planets:
Continental planets (Rocky world with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Active and stable hydrosphere. Great landmasses are separated by oceans, with large climate variations depending on latitude and precipitation.)
Ocean planets (Rocky world with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere and a significant hydrosphere. Oceans cover more than 90% of the surface, with scattered islands making up the remaining percentage.)
Tropical planets (Humid, rocky world with a thick nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Seasons with significant precipitation are interchanged with drier periods. Most landmasses are covered in dense vegetation.)
Dry planets:
Desert planet (Dry, rocky world with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Precipitation and major bodies of surface water are relatively rare. Significant temperature variations between day and night cycles. Vegetation is scarce, but even moderate precipitation can make the desert bloom.)
Arid planet (Dry, rocky world with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. The dust-covered terrain consists largely of mesas and canyons. Forests can be found in the more temperate polar regions, but vegetation is otherwise scarce.)
Savannah planets (Rocky world dominated by dry, arid plains covered by a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. The small hydrosphere allows for brief wet seasons, but aside from a few ubiquitous grasses vegetation is largely concentrated around shallow oases.)
Cold planets:
Arctic planets (Frigid, rocky world with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. The poles are big, and significant water deposits can be found permanently frozen as glacial ice. However, the planet experiences seasonal variations and the equatorial band is covered by vegetation.)
Alpine planets (Mountainous world with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Snow covers the mountaintops and frozen-over lakes dot the valleys. While the planet experiences the minimal seasonal variations, the still-liquid water beneath the frozen surface of the lakes is enough to sustain some hardy vegetation.)
Tundra planets (Cold and rocky world with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere. Permafrost covers most of the surface except for the more temperate equatorial regions. A stable biosphere exists but vegetation is mostly limited to mosses and lichens.)

Out of these, we've had examples of Continental planets (New Texas.. I think, at least), Tropical planets (Mhen'ga), one Dry planet in the form of Tarkus (I don't know which type it is), one Arctic planet (Uveto), adn whatever Myrellion is.

Sounds like the most interesting choice IMO would be to have an ocean world next.

Special worlds that could happen would include ringworlds, Gaia worlds (perfect for inhabitation by anyone, depending on where on the planet you settle), Tomb worlds (a post-apocalyptic world... Type Earth a la Fallout. Maybe Tarkus is this?) or maybe even a Toxic world

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Tropical paradise planet, where you get drinks in coconuts with a little umbrella in it and everyone wears swimsuits.
There's no danger, no crazy crisis to deal with. Just cute people in skimpy speedos and bikinis, each of them want to have some sex on the beach. And maybe have a drink too!

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Just cute people in skimpy speedos and bikinis

And cute boys in one-piece swimsuits, right?

Also, I think an "abandoned homeworld" type planet would be the coolest shit. Just exploring dilapidated alien cities or underground complexes, learning about what happened to this civilization (and looking for a probe I guess, maybe it landed somewhere the PC can't get to without alien keycards or something). That'd be my fucking jaaaaaaaam.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I'd like a Mountain-Forest themed planet. Something that gives some center-European (early modern, say XV, XVI century) vibe with a lot of temperate-forests. Maybe with an architecture inspired a bit by the classic Castle settlement/walled cities...

...the closest approach that I can guess is a space Bohemia/Transylvania.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
And cute boys in one-piece swimsuits, right?

Whatever floats your boat my friend. Personally, my tastes run more to the cute girls in swimsuits. But hey, its all good in the end.

TFMaster

Gaia worlds (perfect for inhabitation by anyone, depending on where on the planet you settle)

I take it you mean like the living planet of the same name from the Titan series of books. (I’m not sure if that’s actually the title of the series I’ just going by the title of the first book) I just started reading that series BTW its pretty good, the Titanides seem like something that would fit well in TiTS.

Also @Raindrops you forgot about volcano planets in your list, something like Mustafar from Star Wars. A volcano planet would certainly be interesting imo, it could have dragon like creatures, (yes I know we have some of those already) salamanders, and other creatures acclimated to such a fiery environment.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Also @Raindrops you forgot about volcano planets in your list, something like Mustafar from Star Wars. A volcano planet would certainly be interesting imo, it could have dragon like creatures, (yes I know we have some of those already) salamanders, and other creatures acclimated to such a fiery environment.

Right, in Stellaris those would be Molten worlds, and they are not considered habitable. I suppose it's possible to live there in certain tightly controlled facilities, but overall they are not conductive to life, therefore I didn't include it

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

BitchBroken

Dec 24, 2017
I would like a planet that has abnormal conditions, like maybe say intense gravity where you'd have to go through training before you can step foot on the planet(unless you have sufficient physique). On such a planet every resident would have grown to be accustomed to these conditions and it would reflect on their bodies, maybe they'd be more toned or short and stocky. You could still meet species that aren't from there, but maybe if they can't deal with the strain then they'd wear some sort of suit(you could make it appear transparent to not ruin the perving).

Then also I'd like for the whole planet to live under some sort of corrupt leadership(one world government type thing but single entity) that has set certain rules in place for how you need to behave. Something like once they reach adulthood every citizen is forced to either own a pet or be one themselves depending on whether they are capable being assertive enough to make somebody else theirs. Everything would revolve around that power struggle. Possibly when you come there some of them would try to make you theirs, resulting in more collars or bad/good ends. OR you could buy some sort of residency paper that makes you abide by those rules and you'd try to own a pet yourself.

...something like that.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
You remember that?
star-wars-bespin-cloud-city_55e5a21a373d4_w1500.jpg
Something like that.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ideas that Savin Thinks Are Cool But Probably Will Never Happen
-Huge urban sprawl planet with a big cyberpunk theme. Would be a cool place to her cybernetics be a thing.
-The Leithan homeworld, aka Attack on Titan: The Planet.
-An underwater planet made up of bubble cities; Steele has to explore outside in a Big Daddy kinda suit.
-A planet dominated by artificial life. Uploaded consciousnesses in robutt bodies or outright A.I.
-A medieval planet with castles and knights and all that jazz

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
A planet that is straight up an actual city that one spends all their time in to maybe dig up a probe would be nice.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
What i think would be neat (but likely never happening) would be a nuclear age planet that makes a space age technological boom from studying the Steele probe.
I can imagine that the government of that planet not taking too kindly to Steele wanting their shit back.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I would like a planet that has abnormal conditions, like maybe say intense gravity where you'd have to go through training before you can step foot on the planet(unless you have sufficient physique).
Or you could equip some kinda exo-suit.

Precisely! You’d probably have to go through a bunch of government bullshit in order to get the probe.
TiTS Paperwork Sim. Gotta pick the right forms, or you pay a fine and start all over.

A planet that is straight up an actual city
So, Coruscant, basically?

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
We're never getting 1313, but we can have 80085.
Took me a second to get that. :D If that's not a code in the same somewhere yet, it should be. Hell, I have a project it might work for...

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

TFMaster

Mooing_Mermaid

Mar 17, 2017
@Raindrops Bahaha you beat me to it! Can't wait to get my hands on the new edition when it comes out.

I've added some special mentions and concepts to build on to the main post. I love the ideas I am hearing (reading?) and would love to build on them with you all if you wish to pursue such a route. Crowdsourcing is a powerful tool :)

sea

Dec 23, 2016
I'm thinking If you are to make a planet dominated by A.I or whatever they got to have some form of shared conscience. Like they have individual platform,but a shared Hivemind. If you get what I mean.I think that could lead to some pretty interesting conversation.