Possible Goo Idea

Weapon Companion?

• Total voters

Ystips

Feb 9, 2020
I thought maybe having another slime woman (or at least something able to shape shift) would be cool as a weapon. There's a total of 3 companions out of tons of crew mates who you can actually bring with you, so I thought it'd be kinda cool to have someone to go with Nova. Like maybe another silver slime, or a possible shape shifting race that could become a weapon. It would also be a lot like Nova in which you can customize the weapon type, color, shape, ect. As well as have the ability to basically copy different weapons you give her and use them as a type she can change into.

SheeptaurTheSheepKing

Jan 26, 2020
It would probably be easier just to make it an expansion for Nova, have her assimilate the schematics for a laser rifle and learn to form a sword/hammer from her mass. Have her absorb that jet-pack accessory you get too and she's basically Iron Man's nano-tech armor.

If you really want to add another character make her another gray goo that merges with Nova and have them bound together as one character named "Nova & [insert name here]" for the sake of convenience.

Last edited:

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I'd just be happy being able to customize Nova's color while I'm wearing her.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Firstly - Is this an idea that you're going to write up yourself or are you just pitching an idea in the hope that someone else will do it?

Because if its the former, good for you. If its the latter, this isn't the place for that. The Ideas section is for pitching ideas you intend to write yourself.

Ystips

Feb 9, 2020

DrMostlySane

Sep 24, 2017
One thought that comes to mind is maybe a Ganrael companion for a goo-weapon - like maybe Steele impresses them or something, and they make themselves a useful potential mate by arming them to the teeth.

And since they can harden their layers I'd imagine they could morph into at least melee weapons, and maybe ranged weapons if you kinda push it (living javelins, maybe a crude crossbow whose bolts are made from their hardened body.)

Chaosstripe

Aug 8, 2020
One weapon type that would be kinda neat is if it could become a shield like the Warden Shield that Kattom sells on Tarkus. Some melee builds, especially Level 10 Mercenaries who took Lunge, no longer need or use a ranged weapon, so being able to put some kind of physical shield in that slot to eke out a bit more defense is really handy. Also, as the post above says, since the "ranged" part of the weapon is just a disc of substance, it would likely be easier to copy than a gun, with the returning being just pulling back to the equipped hand via a tentacle.