Playing this game as a cisgender hetero man is difficult...

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Body shape doesn't mean too much to me. It's personality, and demeanor.
Hence why I said "is more about", not "it definitely is". Attraction works in mysterious ways :p Myself, I dislike bearded men, but who's to say I wouldn't like a pal with a beard if other elements "clicked"?
Just like Orphanus, I have different standards for fantasy smut and real life. I also know it's hard to suspend disbelief at certain kinks that are closely related to "no-no things" in real life, whichever they can be.

Last edited:

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
And make it so that the player doesn't respond positively to the appearance of characters he doesn't have sexual interest in.
Yes, that's the additional content we're talking about. That means writing variant text for thousands of words of actual writing, plus the code that supports switching to these variants according to player preferences.
You keep saying that it'd take little time and effort, and that's what I disagree with.

I do agree that we need more tooltip that warn the player about some scenes content, though. Stuff like what fetishes/kinks are at play, that kind of things. It's not really enough to know if there's gonna be anal or oral or vaginal and who's penetrating who or whatever - things like who's domming, daddy/mommy kink, preg fetish, etc. also deserve to have warnings attached to them, imho.

Just thought that two women fucking with a phallic instrument would still mostly appeal to lesbians
I think that there are a few reasons why that's mostly not the case ?

1) Women in general aren't as fascinated with penises as cis men seem to think they are. This goes double for queer women.

2) Most futa pronographic content is designed to appeal to men (emphasis on penetration, pleasure derived from penetration, and phallus, female and futa characters designed to be appealing specifically to a straight male audience, objectification rather than subjectification of the female and futa characters, etc.)

3) Penetration is not the be-all end-all of sex, especially to queer people. Queer people in general view oral and manual sex as on par with penetrative sex, vs straight people who usually mostly see them as foreplay.

I am pretty sure I would in no way shape or form like a majority of what I love in Fen Games would anyone do that to me in reality.
I think this all boils down to the good old "PC as Player Projection" vs "PC as Player's Action Figure" debate. There's no right way to play, but players who favor the former playstyle will probably have more gripes with the game than the latter.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
I think this all boils down to the good old "PC as Player Projection" vs "PC as Player's Action Figure" debate. There's no right way to play, but players who favor the former playstyle will probably have more gripes with the game than the latter.

Well said, but what I tried to explain was my way to do the former despite the latter being how the game handles itself, if we are not strictly talking about self-inserts. I very much prefer playing games with my own character instead of a premade one & I think that, despite everything, TiTs allows for that if one manages to read certain parts selectively. I do see by now, though, that it was a bit tunnel-visioned to think that's easy for everyone to do, just because I generally like a majority of the content and therefore do not even have that many moments that put me off. It's like accepting the fact that there is canon but deciding to still imagine things differently while reading.

The_Unknown

Jul 18, 2021
Yes, that's the additional content we're talking about. That means writing variant text for thousands of words of actual writing, plus the code that supports switching to these variants according to player preferences.
This only happens when checking character appearances though?
I'm not talking about the scene. If you choose to have sex with a guy that's on you.

There's no right way to play, but players who favor the former playstyle will probably have more gripes with the game than the latter.
I prefer JRPGs though?
It's just that in this game, I'm given so much choice in almost every other aspect of the game design. Really thought that full-on roleplaying was the big draw here.

I do agree that we need more tooltip that warn the player about some scenes content, though. Stuff like what fetishes/kinks are at play, that kind of things. It's not really enough to know if there's gonna be anal or oral or vaginal and who's penetrating who or whatever - things like who's domming, daddy/mommy kink, preg fetish, etc. also deserve to have warnings attached to them, imho.
Yeah, I'd go further and just use hentai-manga tags honestly...
Like for me, there's a girl in Tavros. The princess dog lady. Her whole "theme" is netori/netorare. If I knew that's where the plot was going I'd just avoid her outright, regardless of the fact that she's an attractive woman.

BESS as a dom does cumdrinking stuff which I hate, and was really surprised when it happened.
__
Hmm... I guess I have way more dislikes than the average now that I think about it... Maybe that's why I'm struggling a bit to enjoy this game sexually. Might be a surprise that I even have 4 girls I like not only on a personality level but on a sexual level.

I think that there are a few reasons why that's mostly not the case ?

1) Women in general aren't as fascinated with penises as cis men seem to think they are. This goes double for queer women.

2) Most futa pronographic content is designed to appeal to men (emphasis on penetration, pleasure derived from penetration, and phallus, female and futa characters designed to be appealing specifically to a straight male audience, objectification rather than subjectification of the female and futa characters, etc.)

3) Penetration is not the be-all end-all of sex, especially to queer people. Queer people in general view oral and manual sex as on par with penetrative sex, vs straight people who usually mostly see them as foreplay.
I'm just going to say, since I don't consume that type of media, I have no leg in the game, so I'll just take your word for it.

Reactions: JinRonin

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
This only happens when checking character appearances though?
I'm not talking about the scene. If you choose to have sex with a guy that's on you.
Yeah, but the mc doesn't just check out npc's appearance in their appearance screen - it's in combat and non-nsfw content too.
So if you do want to take player pref into account, you have to either only do that in the appearance screen (contradicting most of the other content), or you do that for every single instance the mc lays eyes on an npc for the sake of consistency (which is a lot).
I prefer JRPGs though?
It's just that in this game, I'm given so much choice in almost every other aspect of the game design. Really thought that full-on roleplaying was the big draw here.
Yeah, the character customization is insane (especially with the save editor) but I wouldn't say role-playing is the big draw of the game ? Imo, CoC was slightly better in that respect, what with the corruption mechanic and the ability to recruit and/or corrupt characters.
(not to say you can't do that in TiTS, but the taint mechanic sort of feels like a scaled-down version of CoC's corruption ? By which I mean that the 2 games follow different game design philosophies, and it shows where you least expect it)
Also, in CoC the pc was a bit more of a blank slate, imo, so that probably helps with role-playing.

For me TiTS is at its best when it comes to letting me fuck around and explore. Especially when the exploration leads to content that does cater to my tastes.

The_Unknown

Jul 18, 2021
So if you do want to take player pref into account, you have to either only do that in the appearance screen (contradicting most of the other content), or you do that for every single instance the mc lays eyes on an npc for the sake of consistency (which is a lot).
Hmm... yeah that's fair. Didn't think about it that way.

Reactions: Orphanus

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Like for me, there's a girl in Tavros. The princess dog lady. Her whole "theme" is netori/netorare. If I knew that's where the plot was going I'd just avoid her outright, regardless of the fact that she's an attractive woman.
Who?
I think you mean Kaithrit? There's only one princess that I'm aware of that really falls into the Netorare/Netori thing and that's Princess Nastizia herself.
Also why the fuck does N/T/R automatically change to "Nice time for Roo" or something. Since when was THAT a thing? :U

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

The_Unknown

Jul 18, 2021
Who?
I think you mean Kaithrit? There's only one princess that I'm aware of that really falls into the Netorare/Netori thing and that's Princess Nastizia herself.
Also why the fuck does N/T/R automatically change to "Nice time for Roo" or something. Since when was THAT a thing? :U
Yeah Princess Nastizia.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Are any of you actually women? how the hell can any of you men judge what women or lesbians like. I prefer women, yes i have had sex with a man when i was 17 and had my daughter... but just because i like futa content don't mean I'm bi. Women can enjoy being fucked by another woman with a strap on, it don't mean we are fantasising about the male gender.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Are any of you actually women? how the hell can any of you men judge what women or lesbians like. I prefer women, yes i have had sex with a man when i was 17 and had my daughter... but just because i like futa content don't mean I'm bi. Women can enjoy being fucked by another woman with a strap on, it don't mean we are fantasising about the male gender.
I'm AFAB, for what it's worth, and yeah, that. Same reason some straight men fantasize about futa - it sure as hell doesn't mean they're gay or bi.
Also friendly reminder that "not a woman" does not mean "man" but that's besides the point

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Are any of you actually women? how the hell can any of you men judge what women or lesbians like.
It's quite the sad irony that someone who keeps on stressing on almost every post she's a woman and likes women is the one resurrecting the "there are no women on the Internets (lest enjoying smut games)" adage, or assuming that no man is interested in knowing what women (lesbian or not) like.
I don't believe that "no male can "get" what a female/lesbian wants" or that female/lesbian tastes are universally so and so. It makes me think of a thread on a different issue I found interesting.

In an ideal scenario everything would be taken into account and used for more than cosmetic reasons, but since it's not the case I just prefer to express interest in such things and hope for the best (want it? Write it) as a way to let people know there's at least one user who's interested in that. I know I cannot win the war, but I am rather positive one's not going to win battles using an abrasive tone. Yes, I am a female, and a straight one to boot with a taste for variety both for human and inhuman flavours, but I am not going to cry bloody murder: I am not the kind of player the game caters to.

I especially feel for the gay fanbase, who may have it even worse than straight (female) players.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
I especially feel for the gay fanbase, who may have it even worse than straight (female) players.
You can say that again. The vast majority of sexable male characters (by which I mean those who identify as men), and there aren't that many to begin with, are either bears/mountains of muscles or femboys. And most of the exceptions are straightgated (let my male pcs love ciaran dammit - also Colenso isn't even an option, why ????? :'( ).

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
...I have to say I feel a bit sad about how Ula's father can't be interacted with in a more intimate way. Male korgonne are cut by a similar pattern, and I really wish Steele could make him happy. Yes, I know Dreghan is a more decent pal, but he's yet another mountain of muscles. :/

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
You can say that again. The vast majority of sexable male characters (by which I mean those who identify as men), and there aren't that many to begin with, are either bears/mountains of muscles or femboys. And most of the exceptions are straightgated (let my male pcs love ciaran dammit - also Colenso isn't even an option, why ????? :'( ).
The straightgating especially frustrates me. This seems to be the biggest problem in DILFs especially.
We have so few DILFs and while I can get my metaphorical paws on Ciaran due to playing an effeminate enough male, the others I've been hearing about seem to only like girls, regardless of bits, but girls nonetheless. I remember way back I was recommended having a gander at Fadil if I wanted more DILFs, I felt as if it was forgotten that I play exclusively femboys in these games despite saying constantly that I do.

Like, don't be surprised that I get disappointed at your straightgated DILFs when you tell someone I.E me who plays exclusively girly men to go to them only to see that he is STILL not an option for me purely because I don't play a chick with a puss (The closest you're gonna get with me playing anything pussy wielding is a femboy maleherm). Maybe remember that not all chicks play chicks. Recommending me straight DILFs that will only fuck fem pussy is not a recommendation for me like they think it is. >.>

Like yes, I get the demographic for this game, but that shouldn't mean I can't complain.

(Using the general You here btw. This could probably fall in as a gripe.)

Last edited:

The_Unknown

Jul 18, 2021
lmao you can play the game without having sex

t. me who plays "Travis Bickle"-type autismos
Direct sexual content wasn't the only thing I was making a statement on.
I was making a statement on how the MC reacted to NPCs, as well as mid-battle teasing and other such tertiary sexual experiences.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
You got a point. We do have a lack of male on male action.

And colenso....

Omg. Ugly bastard! Yes! Yes! We need this! Yes!

Maybe some kind of biker boar anthro or something!

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I was making a statement on how the MC reacted to NPCs, as well as mid-battle teasing and other such tertiary sexual experiences.
There's the big reason Steele is pansexual beyond active scene choices, can you imagine if there was a toggle for sexual orientation? Gay males and straight ladies would break lust combat! XD

Last edited:
Reactions: ShySquare

The_Unknown

Jul 18, 2021
There's the big reason Steele is pansexual beyond active scene choices, can you imagine if there was a toggle for sexual orientation? Gay males and straight ladies would break lust combat! XD
Gameplay should be subserviant to roleplaying, not the other way around in my opinion.
If gameplay breaks, then gameplay is the problem and needs to be changed.

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
Gameplay should be subserviant to roleplaying, not the other way around in my opinion.

Which kinda leads back to the point that the gameplay is oriented on Cpt. Steele, who's sexuality is not chosen by the player, does it not? It's not supposed to work any differently than what it does.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I don't mind Steele being down to fuck everything under the sun be it plant or otherwise that can consent (Aka the old base definition of being Pansexual) as it's easy to envision a character that is into that in a game 'verse like this. I don't care if he's always oggling someone's boobs or dick even (I'm bisexual and don't give a fuck so :p) All I ask is where's my goddamn men. Pouring one out for the straight gals, they have it rough too ya know. Dare I say rougher, at least ya straight guys HAVE a buffet of women to oggle. :U

Last edited:

Orphanus

Nov 18, 2020
I don't mind Steele being down to fuck everything under the sun be it plant or otherwise that can consent as it's easy to envision a character that is into that in a game 'verse like this. I don't care if he's always oggling someone's boobs or dick even (I'm bisexual and don't give a fuck so :p) All I ask is where's my goddamn men. Pouring one out for the straight gals, they have it rough too ya know. Dare I say rougher, at least ya straight guys HAVE a buffet of women to oggle. :U

Since I am not interested in that sort of stuff I haven't really searched for it in game, but I still got the impression that has the least coverage content wise, aside from very specific niche fetish things that no one feels like writing about (which, I think, is fair enough), so even from the standpoint of someone not being interested in purely male npcs I totally back that 1 or 2 more straight guys that are not extremely large, extremely hairy, or notably effeminate would enrich the game just in general. Can't tell the writers what to do but I'd definitely give that sort of content the edge over stuff I'd love to see added personally if someone would ask.

Reactions: ShySquare

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
It's not really possible to tailor the gameplay experience for every flavor of roleplay, especially given the format of TiTs which applies user submissions as the building blocks for both which has turned out a rather clear bias. In which case Pansexual Steele is the next best thing.

If the writing was made entirely in house (which its not) I suppose an equal enough measure of hetero, bi and gay could be serviced but actual progress would be slow, and in all fairness they have been doing a lot more writing in-house lately. (looking at you William.) as it stands however development still relies on user submissions to fill in content, the game has done so for years, it was built to do so in the image of its spiritual predecessor CoC and it will continue to do so until the game is finished.

Which is a long way of saying gameplay isn't going to change and if you want more scenes for your particular sexual orientation then write it yourself.

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
No hard offense, but this is probably the dumbest thing I've read.

Lone Wolf115

No I can't and won't just because it's not my place and I never will judge anyone.

Colourless

Aug 29, 2015
It's not really possible to tailor the gameplay experience for every flavor of roleplay, especially given the format of TiTs which applies user submissions as the building blocks for both which has turned out a rather clear bias. In which case Pansexual Steele is the next best thing.
The obvious solution here would've been to enforce a standard of writing in which any character's content, no matter the author, is written in a way that does not assume any attraction on the PC's side until the player actively does something that shows their interest.
Of course that ship has sailed long ago but I'm sure a lot of players would've appreciated to not be constantly told that the character they're playing is into things they just don't find appealing at all. Enforcing this kind of standard might've also helped with reminding some authors that not everyone's going to be into their cool new character so we don't get stuff like Shizuya's introduction.

jwins

Dec 1, 2020
Speaking for the player is the second thing under "Things not to do" in the submission guide. It goes over how the character should not show interest until the player does so the standard has been set a while ago. It's just that people either don't read that part or don't care.