Plans to increase Event Whorizon spawn chance?

Hybridwolf

Sep 3, 2015
UK
I noticed that the chance of getting the Kashima incident got a encounter rate increase outside of Halloween a few updates ago and it got me wondering if the Event Whorizon encounter quest would also be increased? Especially considering that you cannot finish one of Syri's quests without it being completed (specifically the Vet Quest if you want her and Anno sex scenes). It feels like the encounter chance for the event outside of Halloween is 0.01% as I have never encountered outside of the holiday, throughout the years I've played the game I've only ever encountered it twice, both of which were on Halloween month.

Tbh the encounter rate as a whole might need to be upped as even on Halloween it still seems to be very hard to get, even at the level requirement, in comparison it feels like the encounter went up to 0.1%. Even trying with Silly mode got me nothing lol (which the wiki says increases it like Halloween time.)

TheShepard256

The encounter rate for both outside Halloween is normally 1% (regardless of if Silly Mode is activated; the wiki's wrong there), but they still compete with other travel events (excluding space combat encounters and Shizuya) and there's the usual 1 in 4 for a valid travel event to occur, so they're effectively 0.25% chance in total if you have no other valid travel events. The Kashima Incident is only getting a boosted encounter rate because of the recent release of the Dead Space remake, as the original Dead Space was an inspiration for the event. In any case, you can boost both their encounter rates to normal by turning on Halloween events in the cheat menu (load a save, go back to the main menu and click on the TiTS i's dot three times, and it'll appear under Options).

You might also be missing one or more of the other requirements. Both require level 7, Kashima requires that you're travelling to or from Myrellion, and Event Whorizon requires you to have genitals.

Hybridwolf

Sep 3, 2015
UK
I get the Kashima event just fine after the update that upped the rate for it, its just the Event Whorizon one that has not showed up. I usually have the requirements when looking for the event, and all other events are done. I just continually travel between planets until the event triggers (which it never does lol).

I didn't even know there were cheats so that's cool, tho I'm hesitant to cheat to get an event to trigger as I feel it should be a thing that happens naturally in game without having to resort to it just to get it to trigger (especially when it's tied to a character quest). If it comes to it and/or it's said the Event will never get a boost like the Kashima event then I'll probably end up using cheats :/.

Also really cool to find out that the Kashima event was inspired by Dead Space, I thought it was similar in it's tone but the fact it was an actual inspiration is awesome~

TheShepard256

I'm hesitant to cheat to get an event to trigger as I feel it should be a thing that happens naturally in game without having to resort to it just to get it to trigger (especially when it's tied to a character quest)
If it makes you feel any better, the seasonal event toggle cheats are less cheat-y than the other cheats, since they only affect whether or not the game considers a particular time of real-life year to be active; you'll get the exact same content legitimately just by waiting for that time of year to roll around naturally, and the cheats just mean you don't have to wait for months (or mess around with your device's date settings).
Also really cool to find out that the Kashima event was inspired by Dead Space, I thought it was similar in it's tone but the fact it was an actual inspiration is awesome~
I didn't know it until Savin (I think) said so on Discord, in relation to the chance boost. TBH, that only makes me even less likely to play Dead Space; I hate horror, and the Kashima Incident is only acceptable to me because a) it's sexual rather than deadly and b) it's a small part of an otherwise much lighter story.

Also, I think this boosted chance is only temporary, though I've no idea how long it's going to last.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You'll never guess what movie inspired Event Whorizon! :p

But yeah it's a temporary change to capitalize on the remake coming out; it'll presumably go back to its original proc chances in a bit.

• Sad
Reactions: Hybridwolf