Who’s better?

• The yellow mouse!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The brown fluffball!

Votes: 21 84.0%

• Total voters

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
Welp, they’ve done it, the crazy bastards at Game Freak are remaking Pokémon Yellow in the form of Let’s Go Pikachu! and Let’s Go Eevee! I never got around to play Yellow when I was a kid but I did play it through an emulator two years back and I could see why it was some fans’ favorite game in the entire series, specifically you being able to walk with everyone’s favorite cuddly yellow boi is why. And after I watched the trailer for it, I got to thinking, which one do people like more? I prefer Eevee because of the wide array you can do with it and since Pikachu is constantly overshadowing the poor guy. Nonetheless, what do you folks think? (By the way, I was super bored making this, thanks for noticing!)

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
i was pure hype after that trailer until some weird details
1 - no random encounter? meaning no finding wild pokemon which means...
...2 - Gonna have to catch them using Pokemon Go and then transfer to Lets Go on switch
3 - You can fight other players but....
...4- Pokemon Lets Go also wont have a way to play coop online or to find online players for versus matches
5 - The Pokemon Go and Lets go will connect using bluetooth

they also stated that the TRUE pokemon game is coming in 2019, which they didnt show any trailer or leaked almost no info about
so those 2 are a pokemon game to make people use Pokemon Go more.

But it looks REALLY nice, switch graphics are really beautiful

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
If I could evolve my starter I'd pick Eevee, but since you can't I'll pick Pikachu.

no random encounter? meaning no finding wild pokemon which means
I'm pretty sure you can catch pokémon in the game, they just have their sprites appear in the overworld. Because you can see them before you encounter them, it won't be a random encounter.

those 2 are a pokemon game to make people use Pokemon Go more
From what I've heared, it's the opposite, it's a way to ease people who started playing Pokémon Go into playing the main series, but I guess it works both ways?

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
1 - no random encounter? meaning no finding wild pokemon which means...
...2 - Gonna have to catch them using Pokemon Go and then transfer to Lets Go on switch
3 - You can fight other players but....
...4- Pokemon Lets Go also wont have a way to play coop online or to find online players for versus matches

This isn't true. Random encounters are removed by making Pokemon visible so the fight can be avoided (no more running into Zubat every couple of steps) but they still appear and can be captured in the game. In fact, Nintendo is using the Let's Go games to sell a new Pokeball controller you can flick at the screen to capture Pokemon. It comes with vibrations that make it feel like the Pokemon is moving inside the controller and a speaker that plays the Pokemon's roar when it's caught.

You can transfer Kanto Pokemon from Go to the Let's Go games over bluetooth and then capture them. It seems like the best use of this is getting shinies, since events make them easier to get in Go and they remain shiny when transferred to Let's Go. I think this also has something to do with taking the Pokeball controller out with you to have a Pokemon travel with you. But much like the Pokeball controller itself this is optional and mostly just a way to sell the game to Pokemon Go players.

Lastly, you will be able to battle and trade online. I'm not sure if this includes the coop play that they're adding to the games, but you can battle and trade without Nintendo's online subscription.

Reactions: Kaida

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Yeah, no. This is nothing more than Nintendo whoring out Pokemon's image to younger audiences even more than it already does.

Prediction: A year after release (give it plenty of time to get stale), Johto will be offered as a 30$ DLC.

Kaida

Nov 1, 2018
Kinda wish I had a switch. Not even for these (though I'd probably have to go with Eevee, Eevee's my Fluffy little fren. NOthin' against Pika-pi) but I just really want one for Christmas.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I'm too busy buying games that are as old as the PS4 itself to afford another system.

It's been a while since I bought any games. And those were PS2 and xbox 360 games. Can't even say I know what's out right now besides Pokemon and Red Dead Redemption 2.