Party Member Combat Viability

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
Sorry if this has been posted before.

I'm the type of person who's more interested in the story (and the sex) than the combat, so I'm wondering if anyone has gotten deep into the combat and ranked party members based on viability and usefulness? For instance, Cait and Brint both seem super useful, Cait for healing everyone and Brint seemingly doing insane damage. I've also noticed Etheryn seems pretty strong, but I don't know how or why. When I look at, say Atugia or Azyrran, though, their stats seem pretty bad. Can someone explain to me, who is stupid, how or if they are viable?

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
I can't say on Atugia since my builds tend to focus on either magic or tease damage, but as far as Azyrran, when it comes to tease damage, she's as powerful as the player with a tease build.

pinkcaitgang

Feb 3, 2022
I can't say on Atugia since my builds tend to focus on either magic or tease damage, but as far as Azyrran, when it comes to tease damage, she's as powerful as the player with a tease build.
specifically bimbo azyrran or normal as well?

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
specifically bimbo azyrran or normal as well?
Fairly certain it's specifically bimbazy. That toolkit is, from what I remember hearing, completely overpowered. Normal Azy feels underwhelming though, because one of the skills is a spell while the rest are warrior stuff. Additionally, she uses a one-handed weapon with a shield, and her at-will and ult are defensive. Overall, her kit is kinda like Brint's, except weaker damage-wise in exchange for being a better tank. The boost in willpower does also allow her greater mental resistance and focus, which means that she's much tankier against tease damage than Brint, a damage type which is, from what I remember, basically his bane.

As for Atugia, she's a pure tank. Her basic attack and encounter skill both deal a mixture of tease and physical damage, which means overall she's worse in physical damage than most other companions, the mixture is just there so that she can get a greater threat gain when attacking without being allowed to instakill enemies. She's a great tank, because her entire kit was built around that. Unfortunately, if you have a healer, you generally don't need the full breadth of Atugia's super tanking skills, since you can just have a bruiser capable of dealing heavy damage and taking a few hits and heal them up while they're beating enemies up. But, Tugs has some, admittedly limited, healer capabilities, so if you don't want to run a healer, Tugs can make a great tank.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
For reference:
Cait for healing everyone and Brint seemingly doing insane damage.
Cait can also find a place in a party where you need more magical offense against demonic enemies (Holy damage is murder on them and she can sling it around), or more physical offense with Hexblade Leathers (also able to do Holy damage) or if you don't have/want to use Bimbazzy, Sun Dancer's Silks makes a good Resolve damage set. Basically, she can find a place in any party.
I've also noticed Etheryn seems pretty strong, but I don't know how or why.
Could be a couple factors. Her Queenly Raiment set is even better at healing than Cait at the cost of not being able to do much else (though she hits decently with her normal attack whenever she can afford to) if you're using her as support and Blessing is godly. In terms of direct damage, if you've done Specter of the Wyld the right way you can end up with 10 Holy bonus damage applied to her bow-based attacks and a +10 Crit bonus which gives her a nice little boost. Also, her Ultimate is really powerful.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Berwyn is bad. Damage capabilities are bad, charm spell is barely better than a normal tease, Group heal is not good enough to make him the only healer, but the stone elemental summon is okay.

Quintillius is okay for tease builds. Both Bimbo Azzy and Dancer Cait are better for tease builds, but Quintillius encounter power helps nuking one strong opponent. For non-tease builds he's not good.

Atugia is extremly tanky, but she struggles at keeping her threat high. In my experience, she gets mostly ignored by the enemie and doesn't deal much damage.

For me, these 3 are the worst companions at the moment.

Arona can be strong, but is RNG heavy. Her accuracy is atrociously low in the Warhides/Chieftain/Beserker set. Out of these 3 sets I recommend Chieftain solely for "inspire wrath" which is a renamed blessing. Damage wise shes on par with standard Brint/Brienne. Where she really shines is her spirit totem set. Now she can actually hit stuff and can deal massive amounts of holy dmg. The holy shock power is a ranged attack which helps immensly against flying opponents. Basically no enemie resists holy dmg and demons have a 100% weakness against it. Arona can reliably one-shot imps and other demons.

Kyoko is a glass cannon. Very strong and very squishy in all her sets. Her weapon is a hidden gem as well. Not only does it deal pure holy damage, but scales with spellpower instead of attack power. This is especially useful in her Onmyodo set. In this set she can only deal fire or blight dmg, which demons are resistant to. 33% resist vs. fire and 75% resist vs. blight. Kyoko can deal between 50-60 damage to demons with a regular attack. This is about as much Brint/Brienne and Arona deal.

Azzyran is only mediocre in her standard set. She is more of a tank then a damage dealer. In my experience Brint/Brienne and Arona outperform Azzyran. Bimbo Azzyran is an ungodly terror who can win fights on her own. Not only has she two AoE teases, but she crits more often than not. Sadly she can't replace a healer, since her heal isn't strong enough and she doesn't have healers hand.

Brint/Brienne are the same in their standard set. What seperates them is that the pyromancer and winter knights set are mutually exclusive.
Pyro Brienne can only deal fire damage and is very good at it, but she has trouble fighting against imps and demons, because of the fire resistances they have. I suggest having the grease spell on your champ. The summon is strong, pretty tanky and usually generates alot of threat.

Winter Knight Brint is very tanky and has a nice synergy with his powers. Wintery bellow deals double damage against frigid enemies and Brint can set that up with entrhopic winds. Freeze solid is a stun and thats always good to have. However his normal attack sucks. He has terrible accuracy and his spellpower is far higher than his attackpower. So he relies on his powers for dmg dealing.

Cait is strong in all of her sets, but I would say that the witches corset is the weakest one. The only real advantage it has over the standard set, is that it has a resolve heal with eternal light. Problem is that most enemies don't deal meaningful amounts of resolve damage. This is just my opinion, but the buffs of the witch set don't justify the lack of offense.

I barely used Agni, so I can't say much about her.

Last edited: