Overwatch Hype thread

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Yeah, which is why I stopped playing TF2 all together, actually being good with it and people just constantly accusing me of having no skill. TF2 community is toxic af.

I've never encountered a game focused on PvP that isn't toxic as hell. And I'm definately not above it, either. I run games like a petty dictator, and I'll ruin your ears.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I've never encountered a game focused on PvP that isn't toxic as hell. And I'm definately not above it, either. I run games like a petty dictator, and I'll ruin your ears.

I'll pretty much never play a multiplayer game by myself unless it's like Dark Souls, random teammates are always garbage at the game and never play the objective. Everything is Team Deathmatch to them because that's all their casual little Call of Duty minds can fathom a game being. 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I'll pretty much never play a multiplayer game by myself unless it's like Dark Souls, random teammates are always garbage at the game and never play the objective. Everything is Team Deathmatch to them because that's all their casual little Call of Duty minds can fathom a game being. 

Yeah, I still see Widowmakers on Payload as Attacker. Why? Who knows, who cares. All I know is they're getting called everything short of Lucifer, himself.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Yeah, I still see Widowmakers on Payload as Attacker. Why? Who knows, who cares. All I know is they're getting called everything short of Lucifer, himself.

"Look at me Mommy, I'm sniping!"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Look at me Mommy, I'm sniping!"

People still don't understand that sniping is a defensive strategy, not an offensive one. They're still in the CS/CoD mentality. And while they're doing that, I'd rather be humping the shit out of that payload with Reinhardt.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
People still don't understand that sniping is a defensive strategy, not an offensive one. They're still in the CS/CoD mentality. And while they're doing that, I'd rather be humping the shit out of that payload with Reinhardt.

I'd be right behind you healing as Mercy.

Nex

Aug 28, 2015
Nah only people with no skill use Mcree, all people do is flashbang you so you can't fight back then button mash the right trigger to kill you. That and his super is auto aim as in more no skill bulllshit. He's gonna get hit with the nerfbat hard.

Personally, I would love to see Pharah removed.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
Personally, I would love to see Pharah removed.

Why? I just think her rocket launcher needs to be retooled to do some basic damage, I think it does more damage to the player than anything else, also her jump boost needs a serious boost in terms of distance or fuel or something.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ohh Pharah...sound some like Tris ^^

Still sad Overwatch not have annoying lil chara like teemo. Oh well I may still give it a try ^^

Methusalem

Jan 8, 2016
At the start I also thought Widow should not be used in offensive.. but I was wrong. Every "professional" team actually uses them at both (attack and defend) ... and games often get decided by the better sniper.

On maps like Anubis a good attacking Widow will actually melt face. She just needs to kill the enemy sniper first and then she can actually do as she pleases.

But yes "bad widows" that just play it because they want to snipe and then stand on a payload and constantly die.. they suck xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Giftzahn

May 9, 2016
Played the shit out of Overwatch this week and actually thought the balance was pretty good for the most part.  

I'd like more dispersion on Bastion's turret-mode minigun (kinda like the Heavy's gun from TF2, excellent up close but crap at max range) - it just seems like some people can set up a mile back from the cap point and snipe people as they break cover.

Also it might just be me, but does anyone else think Symmetra's shields are really weak?  Only 25 armor and no healing ability means I'll play any other support than her usually.

Oh yeah, and D.Va is fun.  Like, insanely fun.  :D

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
At the start I also thought Widow should not be used in offensive.. but I was wrong. Every "professional" team actually uses them at both (attack and defend) ... and games often get decided by the better sniper.

On maps like Anubis a good attacking Widow will actually melt face. She just needs to kill the enemy sniper first and then she can actually do as she pleases.

But yes "bad widows" that just play it because they want to snipe and then stand on a payload and constantly die.. they suck xD

Don't fall into the trap of extrapolating professional play to casual play.

Played the shit out of Overwatch this week and actually thought the balance was pretty good for the most part.  

I'd like more dispersion on Bastion's turret-mode minigun (kinda like the Heavy's gun from TF2, excellent up close but crap at max range) - it just seems like some people can set up a mile back from the cap point and snipe people as they break cover.

Also it might just be me, but does anyone else think Symmetra's shields are really weak?  Only 25 armor and no healing ability means I'll play any other support than her usually.

Oh yeah, and D.Va is fun.  Like, insanely fun.  :D

I want to like D.Va, due to how much presence she has, but her kit doesn't interest me, when compared to other tanks. That, and she's really slow when firing, which I don't find very attractive in Overwatch.

Methusalem

Jan 8, 2016

Well if the one who playes Widow is good it also works in casual play. Thats what I wanted to say... if the Widow is good he/she can also always play offense.

Symmetra's shields are just a little side-thing. Because she has no real heal I would only use her on defense because her turrents and the portal are very good for that. On attack other supporters are far better in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016

I want to like D.Va, due to how much presence she has, but her kit doesn't interest me, when compared to other tanks. That, and she's really slow when firing, which I don't find very attractive in Overwatch.

As D.Va I get kills on the regular, I use her mechs guns at long range and then if the enemy team groups up I run in and detonate her mech then go around mech-less wrecking everybody in the face with her OP pistol. 

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
As D.Va I get kills on the regular, I use her mechs guns at long range and then if the enemy team groups up I run in and detonate her mech then go around mech-less wrecking everybody in the face with her OP pistol. 

I always thought of her as a feather-tank, she has impressive health, speed, and maneuverability, but her weapons have all the power of a wet sneeze. Well, maybe her pistol has some punch but its not like you can get a straight hit with you dodging incoming enemy fire.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I always thought of her as a feather-tank, she has impressive health, speed, and maneuverability, but her weapons have all the power of a wet sneeze. Well, maybe her pistol has some punch but its not like you can get a straight hit with you dodging incoming enemy fire.

Oh, I can.

October

Aug 29, 2015
I tried the Beta and it was pretty meh. Maybe not my kinda game. I did like playing as Zenyatta though.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
I tried the Beta and it was pretty meh. Maybe not my kinda game. I did like playing as Zenyatta though.

Yeah, and since everything in the beta is in the game it makes buying the full version kind of moot, especially with no story campaign or rpg elements. The IP as a whole kind of feels like wasted potential, but maybe it'll turn out like Halo or WoW, that is the main games may be crapping out but the expanded universe is still good.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Yeah, and since everything in the beta is in the game it makes buying the full version kind of moot, especially with no story campaign or rpg elements. The IP as a whole kind of feels like wasted potential, but maybe it'll turn out like Halo or WoW, that is the main games may be crapping out but the expanded universe is still good.

You do know Blizzard has made whole comics and cinematics outlining the story of Overwatch right? Overwatch was originally project Titan. 

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
You do know Blizzard has made whole comics and cinematics outlining the story of Overwatch right? Overwatch was originally project Titan. 

Yeah, but I want to PLAY the story, the shorts and other cinematics (I didn't know there were comics) are fine but nothing beats immersing yourself in story like actually playing through it in an interesting world. Granted, the gameplay mechanics would probably be loopy as hell since there are 20 characters I suppose, but I'd just prefer if it was more than just a moba game.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Yeah, but I want to PLAY the story, the shorts and other cinematics (I didn't know there were comics) are fine but nothing beats immersing yourself in story like actually playing through it in an interesting world. Granted, the gameplay mechanics would probably be loopy as hell since there are 20 characters I suppose, but I'd just prefer if it was more than just a moba game.

Uh, Overwatch is definitely not a MOBA. If anything, it's a TF2 clone which really isn't a bad thing. 

Blizzard shows their games lots of love, I mean just look at Diablo 3, they're still creating new content for it and it's a really old game. 

Heck, I'm pretty sure we are even supposed to get a new character in the official release it just wasn't in the beta because it wasn't fleshed out completely.