Overwatch Hype thread

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Wut is it anyways? Yet another clone of counter-strike?

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I still hate that Blizzard buckled under the media pressure and gave Tracer a booty reduction. They're instead supposed to have been all "We're Blizzard, fuck you we do what we want." 

That's what I want in my video game developers.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
It looks kinda interesting I'll give it that. One thing I'll give Blizzard credit for: they can even make a TF2 clone-like micro-game look at least colorful enough to be fun. I might give it a spin, it's rare that an entire roster of characters looks appealing to me. Reinhardt, Widowmaker, Bastion, Reaper, and Pharah look badass; Tracer, 76, Zarya, Genji, and Winston look fun too. 

I just legitimately can't decide... and I like that feeling, of choice.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I still hate that Blizzard buckled under the media pressure and gave Tracer a booty reduction. They're instead supposed to have been all "We're Blizzard, fuck you we do what we want." 

That's what I want in my video game developers.

That's what they did. They replaced the old, boring one (left) with a pinup-inspired pose (right), complete with booty.

Tracer-Victory-Pose-before-and-after-1080x675.png

In other news, I'm not hyped, but I'm certainly looking forward to playing Overwatch.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
So Overwatch is like....some akin to 1st person perspective dota-like game?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Not really hyped at all, but when it inevitably goes free to play/Fen buys it for me I'll probably play some more. It's alright.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I was hype for OW for so long, but by the time I actually got into the beta I'd stopped caring and so had all of my friends who were waiting on me to get in. Go figure. Still, though, I like the look of Reinhardt a lot.

Methusalem

Jan 8, 2016
Mostly played Hanzo, Reinhardt when tank was needed and Lucio when heal was needed. I also played Widowmaker but there I had really bad and really great games.. don't know if it will be one of 'my champs'.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'm a masochistic MOBA scrub, so Battleborn and Paladins will be more my speed. If I get enough time and money to actually get into both of them and OW, then Zarya, Torbjorn, Mercy, Roadhog and Mei will be my mains. Cause who needs the stress of being a sniper or an assault.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
So Open Beta is here, and it's really fun.

Yeah, I just got it too and I'm really enjoying it so far. Everybody and their grandmother plays Reaper and I'm just sittin here playing Mercy like a team player. 

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
I play Widowmaker alot but most of the time I'm forced to play support roles like Mercy and Lucio cause no one else does.

Still a good game though.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I play Widowmaker alot but most of the time I'm forced to play support roles like Mercy and Lucio cause no one else does.

Still a good game though.

Nobody is forced to play Mercy, she is a lovely Swiss goddess. 

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
It can be fun at times to play support roles like Mercy. It's like tactical healing, making sure your tank doesn't die.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
I'm glad the open beta is out free for the moment, the games actually not bad, Not that impressive gameplay-wise, but enjoyable. Bastion, Widowmaker, D. va, and Pharah are my legit favorite characters to play; Reaper and Mcree are annoying as hell to fight against, but maybe that just because the players using them are good, I guess.

I gotta say though, beta aside, I don't think I'll play this game for long. MOBA games usually lurk on my shit list but far more eclipsed by MP only and DLC fueled games.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
I'm glad the open beta is out free for the moment, the games actually not bad, Not that impressive gameplay-wise, but enjoyable. Bastion, Widowmaker, D. va, and Pharah are my legit favorite characters to play; Reaper and Mcree are annoying as hell to fight against, but maybe that just because the players using them are good, I guess.

I gotta say though, beta aside, I don't think I'll play this game for long. MOBA games usually lurk on my shit list but far more eclipsed by MP only and DLC fueled games.

Nah only people with no skill use Mcree, all people do is flashbang you so you can't fight back then button mash the right trigger to kill you. That and his super is auto aim as in more no skill bulllshit. He's gonna get hit with the nerfbat hard.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
McCree is just a character that's easy to be good at. I usually get more frustrated fighting Genji or Tracer, but that's because they have very high skill-ceilings.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
Nah only people with no skill use Mcree, all people do is flashbang you so you can't fight back then button mash the right trigger to kill you. That and his super is auto aim as in more no skill bulllshit. He's gonna get hit with the nerfbat hard.

They should probably take it to a few other characters too, sometimes I feel Hanzo can get way too many head-shots in a row way too quickly. But I don't play as him so I don't know what his skills are like. 

McCree is just a character that's easy to be good at. I usually get more frustrated fighting Genji or Tracer, but that's because they have very high skill-ceilings.

Those characters can be a bag of dicks to handle, I swear I die more from map falls,than anything else, as well as not being able to make a single kill in a whole match, but fuck is Tracer fun to play as.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
They should probably take it to a few other characters too, sometimes I feel Hanzo can get way too many head-shots in a row way too quickly. But I don't play as him so I don't know what his skills are like. 

Those characters can be a bag of dicks to handle, I swear I die more from map falls,than anything else, as well as not being able to make a single kill in a whole match, but fuck is Tracer fun to play as.

Most people playing Hanzo just try to take potshots and hope they get a headshot. It's really just dumb luck they get any sort of kills going. 

Nex

Aug 28, 2015
Most people playing Hanzo just try to take potshots and hope they get a headshot. It's really just dumb luck they get any sort of kills going. 

That's sorta the case with The Hunstman from TF2 as well.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Sooo does Overwatch have chara that is similar to LoL Teemo or dota Meepo?

Last edited by a moderator:

Methusalem

Jan 8, 2016
Sooo does Overwatch have chara that is similar to LoL Teemo or dota Meepo?

Symmetra in a way. You can spawn little auto-shoot bots and stick them nearly anywhere on the map. If you position them above doors so people get sapped when they enter it is a bit like stepping on shrooms. But she is a supporter, gives shields and spawns a portal to get faster to lane.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Douch and I though Overwatch got also annoying little miss/mr devil chara that all already hates and want kos :/

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
That's sorta the case with The Hunstman from TF2 as well.

Yeah, which is why I stopped playing TF2 all together, actually being good with it and people just constantly accusing me of having no skill. TF2 community is toxic af.