[Fix Pending] [v0.9.100] output() Error in Combat

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
output() used for combat text, please report:
I'm seeing this in multiple combats in the first round.
Male Milodan, Male Korgonne, Female Zil, Bored Jumper, Slavebreaker, Leyak, Zaika Gangers, anyone with Sneezing Tits?
The Half-Rodenian Boy is making a faint sniffling sound and rubs at his nose as he watches you. It looks like he has some kind of cold.

Last edited:

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Thanks! I will fix for next.

I added that little note so we can catch more of these issues, this text has been missing for a long time. Keep reporting these!

Reactions: Theron

Teddy

Aug 3, 2019
Second battle against Dr. Teyaal after stealing the Sidewinder (which is the ship I'm using in this fight). Seems to be connected to weapons fire for both sides:

1718556894894.png

1718556959896.png

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
I believe ged fixed this internally. There's no text there because it was just trying to make a new line, so she dropped it.

AboutAverage2

May 5, 2022
During a fight with a Naleen, I noticed that "output() used for combat text, please report:" was showing up so I went to report it and realized someone else already did. when I came back to the game and left the main menu to go back to the fight, I saw the main menu picture and text in the fight readout.

I did this by completing the fight and then using the escape key to leave and come back. it works the same as clicking the escape button and returning. its not game breaking but is cool. i didn't see anyone else talk about this in the bug reports so i thought i would (Sorry if this is a repost of a pre-existing issue).
Screenshot (250).pngScreenshot (249).png

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
You flick the switch on a wrist-mounted powercell, pumping arcs of deadly electricity into your Magma Crusher, then try for a quick strike with the newly charged weapon!

You smash at the power-armored goo-girl. The heavy armor somehow trundles aside!

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023

Another slyveren casually approaches, hefting yet another exotic raygun. She’s as curvaceous as the last and stuffed into armor entirely too revealing to be believed. “Aww, did you

lose your collar?

” Spinning the gun on one finger, she skips closer, her snake-like tongue licking along her lips. “You look awful tasty... for a slave.”

You’re going to have to fight!

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
And one from the Bored Jumper:

Another bored Jumper bounces out of the darkness with a dart-gun in hand and a cocksure grin. “Oooh, what have we here?” she chirps, dragging her latex-encased fingers through her sopping wet fur. “A lost little cutie all alone in these hot... hot... mines. Hope you’re not too tired to get fucked...” She giggles and rubs her slick hand on the cock-shaped bulge in her crotch. “Course if you are, that’s fine too.”

You’ll have to fight!
Turn 1
You’re fighting the bored Jumper.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
And out in space, against the Corona Lords:

Your ship’s reactor generated more energy. (E: +85)
You manage to avoid the modified Z7’s thermal radiation.

You manage to avoid the modified Z7’s bullet.

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
The ship ones we fixed internally but the fix did not make this release, apologies.

Working on the others now, ty for report.

edit: we think we figured out what is going on and have a fix internally.

Last edited:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release. This is primarily due to an over-correction where the error-checking was looking for the output() call being triggered during the entirety of combat instead of actually being in the combat UI state. So it was capturing pre-fight texts as well as UI state switching (like with the main menu appearing). The check has been corrected to only print the errors caught while in the combat interface.

This should specifically fix the error from popping up unintentionally--if this output error appears after the next release, please report it as it is specific to misplaced/outdated combat outputs.

Reactions: C.C_Latte