Out of all of the cities/villages/settlements that have been shown so far, wich one do you think Kasyrra would have the easiest time corrupting?

coolnametagg

Mar 15, 2021
I started playing this game again a few days ago after a long break from it and was going through Khor'minos while thinking about the effects of corruption on characters mentally, wich (as far as i understand) is that people start losing their inhibitions and give in to their more sellfish desires (wich is mostly shown with hedonistic behavior because of the kind of game that this is), then i stoped in front of the Milking Barn and thought "you know, this city probably wouldnt be the hardest place to corrupt in the Frost Marches".

Like, i get it that the corruption would probably "amp it up to 11", but, even taking the setting into account minotaurs seen to be in general amongst the more not really celibate races out there, so i cant really imagine them resisting Kasyrra for very long if she managed to get inside of their walls with her demons simply because of how the enviroment around them already seens to support (to a extent) the type of behavior that they would be "tempted into" by the corruption.

So that got me thinking: what would be the place, out of everywhere that we visited so far, that would be the most likely to make Kasyrra say "well, that was easy" once she was done corrupting it because of how little resistance there was?

(Not taking into account the number of people of people living there or any influence of the champion)

(Places that have already been fully corrupted like the hornets nest and the centaur village dont count)

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I mean, she managed to co-opt the Queen of Njorhaalt and almost the entire aristocracy in a matter of weeks and does gloat that it was really really easy so...

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
I think she would have a really easy time corrupting the Kervus tribe. Most of the orcs we’ve seen so far seem to be aggressive highly sexual raiders, Doesn’t seem like it would be too hard for her to take control of them

Jan 26, 2022
The Masseuse in the bathhouse does mention that the aqueduct water is smelling a bit sweeter and that the oil they use arouses every man they use it on these days. So Kasyrra has probably already made her move on the city. I always thought that Kas was so powerful/smart that every city is the same to her in terms of difficulty.

Ultra Chad

Aug 22, 2022
I think she would have a really easy time corrupting the Kervus tribe. Most of the orcs we’ve seen so far seem to be aggressive highly sexual raiders, Doesn’t seem like it would be too hard for her to take control of them
I wonder why their is no demon Orcs yet? They have to be the easiest to corrupt.

Banrey

Sep 7, 2022
I like to imagine Kasyrra didn't bother corrupting the Orcs because it wouldn't change anything.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Anyone sufficiently tainted (not necessarily demonized) can spread corruption themselves, so corrupting a few randy orcs would speed up the pace of corruption in the region. As to why Kas hasn't done that, my guess is that it's two things: First, even at the beginning she's already splitting her focus between her main plans up north, keeping an eye on a secondary plan down in Harvest Valley and starting her plans in the vicinity of KM, so she might not want to try for a fourth plan, especially since if her other plans work she'll have Hawkthorne and the foothills surrounded by corruption on all sides anyways.

Second, whoever their nominal leader is the Kervus have Hretha who's really in charge and she already knows that something is wrong in the area thanks to the vision that brought the tribe to the region in the first place. I imagine it would be a bit harder to subtly corrupt a few orcs and sneak that by her than it would be to do likewise elsewhere, and none of the Kervus leaders are going to fall for the same tricks that Kas used on Taldahs so top-down corruption isn't as likely to work either.

Mind you, since the Kervus rotate people in and out if Kas were to focus on the orcs for a while, it would probably be a Really Bad Thing insofar as that would spread corruption to another region, and then probably to other tribes, then to places those tribes raid etc.

coolnametagg

Mar 15, 2021
I wonder why their is no demon Orcs yet? They have to be the easiest to corrupt.
They do have a shaman that follows Lumia and a policy of "hit first and ask questions never" to pretty much everything that isnt themselfs, so that probably helps keeping demons (and demonic corruption) far away from them.

I would also not be surprised if the orcs saw being corrupted by demons as a "sign that you're a weak bitch" or something similar and because of that avoided any possibility of being corrupted as if it was a death sentence.

Reactions: CoCEnjoyer and Adan

Adan

May 26, 2018
My first thougt was the selkies but then i realized they dont have settlements. But they are the easiest. I dont know if the sharks have settlements but with their aplha-beta thing they seem pretty easy too
if you limit it to cities shown so far, we are talking about a handful of places to choose from