Orefish Shard - Saurmorian TF (Approved)

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016

YES! IT IS HERE!

After taking too long to make this, it is finally 'done', and ready for edits and shit.

Now, I've never written a TF before, so there's probably plenty of rough edges and things that won't work, but hopefully it's not too far away from being submit worthy.

Without further ado, the Orefish Shard

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Its here! Incredibly hyped for Saurnorian transformative, can't wait to read through this.

asidsaoi

Jun 13, 2017
Will it have an advantage like perk "Resin"? always emphasize that the scales are hard

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
Will it have an advantage like perk "Resin"? always emphasize that the scales are hard
No. As a general 'rule' for TiTS, transformative items aren't supposed to give combat bonuses. There are a few that break that rule, but I'd rather not be one of the authors to contribute to that number; besides, I'd also rather people use this item because they want to look like/become a saurmorian, not because they just want a "+25% kinetic damage resistance" or some shit.

Reactions: Omnimorph and Kesil

Vory

Jun 3, 2018
hope this gets in! A demon morph/saurmorian sounds like it would be fun to make

Aimless Rogue

Nov 11, 2016
somewhere around here
Nice! I guess it's time to make a new character.

MorkelebOfShadows

Dec 13, 2015
First, I want to say I deeply enjoyed the writing for Chaurmine, Aullama. They especially appeal to me, particularly as they remind me of someone who was dear to me. Their ferocity and their lovable affectionate side are genuinely wonderful.

I'm really looking forward to the implementation of the Orefish Shard, as well as any possible reactions he might have to the PC using it. I hope we'll get to see them implemented soon - as well as pregnancy and any other future content you might ultimately create for them. I'm eager to have more ways to interact with him!

Reactions: Athena and Aullama

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
First, I want to say I deeply enjoyed the writing for Chaurmine, Aullama. They especially appeal to me, particularly as they remind me of someone who was dear to me. Their ferocity and their lovable affectionate side are genuinely wonderful.

I'm really looking forward to the implementation of the Orefish Shard, as well as any possible reactions he might have to the PC using it. I hope we'll get to see them implemented soon - as well as pregnancy and any other future content you might ultimately create for them. I'm eager to have more ways to interact with him!
Wow, thank you! That really means a lot to me.
Sadly, Chaurmine won't have any reactions to the player using this item - transformatives in general don't really get much of a reaction from NPCs, and canonically this item isn't necessarily new to the galaxy, so Steele having used it wouldn't be that much of a big deal. There is expansion content that I will (hopefully) get to eventually, and that will for sure have some alternate bits or comments if the player is a saurmorian, but that's not something I'll be tackling quite yet, same with the pregnancy. Good news, though, is that the transformative is in for backers, and should be in the next public update, which I imagine will be out in the next week or two.

And again, thank you for the kind words. They really make the feels feel good.

MorkelebOfShadows

Dec 13, 2015
Sadly, Chaurmine won't have any reactions to the player using this item - transformatives in general don't really get much of a reaction from NPCs, and canonically this item isn't necessarily new to the galaxy, so Steele having used it wouldn't be that much of a big deal.

That's largely true, yes. Though sometimes, particularly with certain individuals it seems might be touched by it, I sometimes lament this lack. Sure, it's a world full of all sorts of wild assortments of bits and parts, but it's the little things that ice the cake sometimes. I don't necessarily expect it to totally rock a character's world - some would be touched, others indifferent, and still others might get their jollies by having an exotic mate - but sometimes I like to at least see some small reaction. But I'm a touch sentimental, and find the idea of matching them - particularly in a universe where you could be virtually anything else - rather touching.

But I'm not impractical. Additional writing aside, such a thing would also mean a lot of characters would have to have a bunch of additional checks encoded into their encounters and dialogue triggers, and when there's more of that kind of work involved it's a matter of functional priorities over pleasant additions, lest ye daemon Feature Creep plague thee. Such is game design. :\

As for the expansion content, I excitedly look forward to it! Really, when you say there may be bits or comments if the player is Saurmorian, that's about as much as I'd really hope for, so that's already good to hear. I know it's a 'when there's time' deal and all that, so I'd not harass you for it despite my anticipation. :) I'll be happy to play around with the transformative for now, and may even join the backers if I'm comfortable with my budget.

No thanks necessary though. I'm glad to give praise where it's been well earned. Meeting Chaurmine was a genuine pleasure, and I thank you for that.

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
Look at this monstrosity @Aullama you made me make.

Alluma's Monstrositypng.png

Why did you need so many colors for skin?

P.S. the TF's effects are listed on its own page and being put in their respective lists

P.P.S I made a mistake on the wiki page in this image can you find it
the second 87.5% times chance for common female color should be male

Last edited:

Gizmo1206

Aug 28, 2015
Look at this monstrosity @Aullama you made me make.

View attachment 8949

Why did you need so many colors for skin?

P.S. the TF's effects are listed on its own page and being put in their respective lists

P.P.S I made a mistake on the wiki page in this image can you find it
the second 87.5% times chance for common female color should be male
i had to save edit the colour since i was only ever getting silver from the tf

Gizmo1206

Aug 28, 2015
You are talking about scale color which can only become silver not skin color which is that monstrosity of available colors
oh yeah,i kept reading that as scale colour,but it also never changed my skin colour from black to any on that list

Last edited: