Optimized Spellblade

STINBEAN

May 30, 2023
I've heard of an op build where you do a ton of damage but I don't know how it works. Can someone help me out? Stats, items, good companions, powers, class would be great.

This is the best guide I could find

I might not be the best source but from what my experiences are, (for now) the most powerful build is a spellblade thief, the tweaked one the person who's beat kass at winter palace multiple times, sorry forget his name, made. charge weapon, triple threat, sure shot, eviscerate, unbreakable, c petal and kunai (to apply bleed) then swap kunai for sanctified gladius so you get your passive activated and have more damage output from the gladius. unbreakable to ensure even if your entire party is nuked you live, sennenbari belt for a second chance, and just enough time to do your combo ensures at least the possibility to near one shot anything, and the survivability to do so. just minimal aoe, but besides kass party should be able to do that. ag str and cunning, with drinks if needed. you can also swap around weapons if needed to exploit weaknesses, which circles to original question.

STINBEAN

May 30, 2023
Seeing that it has petal, it might not work anymore since petal has been nerfed.
Could you suggest me a dps build? I can be squishy I just want to nuke things. I also heard grease fireball is good but I'd rather use a weapon.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
If you don't mind going Kitsune or a little bit of save editting, I recommend doing a "Blue Flame Blade" build; with "Grease", a power that strikes multiple enemies and an encounter power you like. Go for "Strength", "Agilty" and "Willpower" and as for a weapon you can either go for something with good crit or spellpower, your choice. This build struggles with some bosses and strong solo enemies but you'll shred through most other encounters like hot knife(heh) through butter, even on "Dark Mode".

Reactions: STINBEAN

STINBEAN

May 30, 2023
If you don't mind going Kitsune or a little bit of save editting, I recommend doing a "Blue Flame Blade" build; with "Grease", a power that strikes multiple enemies and an encounter power you like. Go for "Strength", "Agilty" and "Willpower" and as for a weapon you can either go for something with good crit or spellpower, your choice. This build struggles with some bosses and strong solo enemies but you'll shred through most other encounters like hot knife(heh) through butter, even on "Dark Mode".
Sweet! That sounds perfect I'm gonna do that. What class should i be? Grease is trainable so what would the best perks be? Twist the knife to work with grease?

Thanks for the suggestion!

STINBEAN

May 30, 2023
Do I have to be soulbound to keros?

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
I typically use Power Wave with Galon's Griefmaker or Ashelander + Bull Totem and pair that with Dastardly Trick so that I can alternate big single target damage hits, good for dealing with bosses if you want to focus on single target damage. The other encounter power can be something like Primal Scar or Fireball, just whatever lets you kill off any stragglers or up the damage on your main target. Eventually Dastardly Trick gets replaced with Dawnbreak which is AOE, but that's at the end of current content. Same Strength, Agility, Willpower focus and doesn't require anything else in terms of race or class, just gotta copy Power Wave off those forest kitsune. I used to run Bessy Mauler + Sure Shot but then crit got nerfed so that probably doesn't work anymore.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Do I have to be soulbound to keros?
Yeah, unless you want to save edit like I said. Also for class you should go Thief for Twist the Knife. You should also get the level 7 Thief perk that increases the duration of the debuffs you inflict, otherwise you won't be able to take advantange of Grease against enemies with multiple moves per turn, which I find really annoying.

Last edited:

STINBEAN

May 30, 2023
Why do you use strength instead of cunning? Would you just drink the cunning drink?

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Blue Flame Blade is dependent on Spellpower and weapon attacks are dependent on Strength, then you take Agility so you have more turns/go first. Cunning gives you Crit Chance and Crit Dmg along with Ward and Magic Resist, so it's a good drink choice but in order for your crits to be worth anything, you need to be doing damage in the first place.

STINBEAN

May 30, 2023
Blue Flame Blade is dependent on Spellpower and weapon attacks are dependent on Strength, then you take Agility so you have more turns/go first. Cunning gives you Crit Chance and Crit Dmg along with Ward and Magic Resist, so it's a good drink choice but in order for your crits to be worth anything, you need to be doing damage in the first place.
Awesome thank you!