Observation post of the Observer.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Hello Tobs is the new kitsune seamstress 'Hotaru' taking the place of 'Tamamono', 'Ishikawa', 'Hana' or is she her own character.
The first two were conceived with different roles ('onsen matron' and 'obligatory blacksmith' respectively) so probably not, and Hana is Savin's planned character with another entirely different role.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Just something I noticed that I thought I should mention, Tobs - If you gone though the pregnancy with Mai and then do the Fire Gems quest - there are still mentions of her smoking winterstem - even though she's given up the habit. Figured be something to make you aware of for consistency sake, but doesn't really deserve a thread on its own.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
If you notice her smoking in scenes, it's best to bug report 'em so they can be cleared up.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
PokemonAyaSM.png

Aury

Dec 22, 2019
Well, I finally got around to clearing out the backlog of tobs stuff I was too busy to properly enjoy, which was… long.
All I can say is, god damn, everything from Noire to Hotaru was a solid reminder of just why your writing appealed to me from the get-go. Man, did I miss out not doing all that as it came. :ghost:
Great work as always, so I figured I’d laud it here rather than poke you on discord

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
The reason it hasn't been updated in forever is that its dead my guy.
Lol it auto corrected and didn’t realize, I meant to say is tobs a fall of Eden mod

and my message wasn’t understood very well, I previously said that it might be on hiatus since it was a pattern with the dev, and not holding on to it, if it’s dead it’s dead

so long if people aren’t miss understanding my original comment on that

Last edited:

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
Lol it auto corrected and didn’t realize, I meant to say is tobs a fall of Eden mod

and my message wasn’t understood very well, I previously said that it might be on hiatus since it was a pattern with the dev, and not holding on to it, if it’s dead it’s dead
Its not on hiatus, its dead and you've been told that multiple times. Now lets drop this discussion as we don't want to clutter the thread with an off topic discussion any more than we have.

Reactions: Emerald

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
Can the second frostwyrm have halfbreed kips like Frosty can? Or is it only full kips if you allow him to breed with Frosty?

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
I was on the wrong page. Not sure exactly what I was doing at the time.

I've been having a lot of those lapses lately.

Sep 14, 2022
Hello my friend The Observer, I'm new here and was advised to ask you for permission to attempt to write for you character. "Kazuo". I have posted the script I am currently working on however it is a wip. I am willing to make great alterations to retain the soul of your work. I would be most grateful if you would grant me the privilege of attempting to write for him. It is currently early in progress but with good friends and advice I hope to make it an acceptable product.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Hello my friend The Observer, I'm new here and was advised to ask you for permission to attempt to write for you character. "Kazuo". I have posted the script I am currently working on however it is a wip. I am willing to make great alterations to retain the soul of your work. I would be most grateful if you would grant me the privilege of attempting to write for him. It is currently early in progress but with good friends and advice I hope to make it an acceptable product.
Unless I'm mistaken doesn't he already have (multiple?) other people writing something for him? I believe someone wrote something on discord...

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but most people would be reluctant to let a random newbie write something for their characters. You're a completely new member (Welcome to the forum by the way! :)) so it might be a better idea to write something small at first to get your coding feet wet. Small scenes or combat encounters are usually in demand.

Sep 14, 2022
Unless I'm mistaken doesn't he already have (multiple?) other people writing something for him? I believe someone wrote something on discord...

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but most people would be reluctant to let a random newbie write something for their characters. You're a completely new member (Welcome to the forum by the way! :)) so it might be a better idea to write something small at first to get your coding feet wet. Small scenes or combat encounters are usually in demand.
So work requires experience, but experience requires work basically

K I'm done

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021

K I'm done
I get you're disappointed and clearly a bit salty but that's not a very fitting analogy. Also try to look at this objectively and you will see that Ireyon is giving you very sound and reasonable advice. Don't be discouraged, if you're serious about writing for the game then stick at it and you will see results I'm sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuppyPrincess

AStrangeGeek

Jul 14, 2022

K I'm done
You can't walk into the office building of a major company and ask to be made the vice president when no one has any clue as to what your experience is.

It's perfectly understandable for said company to want to see what you can do first before you take on the larger tasks. It's the same thing here. You're asking to write for a character that the original writer has been working on for a long time.

For example, I've personally done a TON of erotic writing in my life. But I have done zero here. If I decided to contribute, I would expect to start simple just like anyone else, because the audience here doesn't know what I can do yet.

Reactions: Aurastrasza

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
You can't walk into the office building of a major company and ask to be made the vice president when no one has any clue as to what your experience is.

It's perfectly understandable for said company to want to see what you can do first before you take on the larger tasks. It's the same thing here. You're asking to write for a character that the original writer has been working on for a long time.

For example, I've personally done a TON of erotic writing in my life. But I have done zero here. If I decided to contribute, I would expect to start simple just like anyone else, because the audience here doesn't know what I can do yet.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
You're asking to write for a character that the original writer has been working on for a long time.
except Kazuo is not even a NPC you see anywhere ever outside his one battle and get gets mentioned again only in chats and has the smallest of presences in Rindo's quest, there has been interest in "Kazuo is hot it would be nice if" but I haven't seen anyone actually start to write even

Ireyon

May 14, 2018

K I'm done
See, that might be part of the problem.

You went from, let's be honest, somewhat stilted brown-nosing and saying how passionate about this you are to immediately giving up when you got the lightest of light criticisms. If you actually want to write anything major people need to know you're both skilled and willing to stick around instead of leaving at the first sign of a challenge. We have zero evidence of your skill and you just demonstrated that you give up extremely quickly.

If you think that writing a simple combat encounter or a short creative scene is too high a hurdle of entry then sorry, I don't think you should work on a whole character, especially since your plan sounds like a longer project. We really don't need another Hugs situation.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
You don't come in and ask to work on a character that hasn't gotten additional content in a while when the writer is still active and working on other projects, especially when no one really knows the quality of your own work. Work on a new character or reach out to the developers to see what characters are currently abandoned and could receive updates and try you hand there. Once you become a known quantity in the community then try reaching out to see if a writer is open to collaboration. I mean the game is going to be in development for a while still - what's the rush? Work your way up if you are determined.

Seriously it's like going into an art show for a well known artist and being like "hey, I made this variation of your work to build upon your ideas - let me display it in your show, thanks" That's ridiculous.

Reactions: TheIrishOtaku

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
alright, from where is even this idea the observer is working on Kazuo and just doing other things in the meanwhile?

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
alright, from where is even this idea the observer is working on Kazuo and just doing other things in the meanwhile?
I never said he was currently working on Kazuo. I said he was still an active writer - which he is. It doesn't mean there will be new Kazuo content, just the potential for it. He's definitely working on plenty of other things for other parts of the game - but just because he may or may not consider Kazuo "feature complete at this time" doesn't mean someone has the option to write for it without his consent, especially if he has no indication that the quality of the work wouldn't at least match his AND follow his designs for the character to the letter.

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I never said he was currently working on Kazuo. I said he was still an active writer - which he is. It doesn't mean there will be new Kazuo content, just the potential for it. He's definitely working on plenty of other things for other parts of the game - but just because he may or may not consider Kazuo "feature complete at this time" doesn't mean someone has the option to write for it without his consent, especially if he has no indication that the quality of the work wouldn't at least match his AND follow his designs for the character to the letter.
ah yes, because the potential of the official writer who prefers to fill every existing tile with girls to impregnate to even make him an interactable npc is so much better than someone actively trying to write for him, while I agree that maybe making a scene for an existing character is a doable entry-level admission, making a full-on character or combat encounter is much less so, especially since I remember the design doc says that they do not want a bunch of bubble waifus, and writing a full combat encounter when is not really something one desires to sound over the top

plus you are also forgetting, that just writing for the game doesn't mean it's gonna get in, the permission is more of a "hey can there even be stuff for this character" kinda deal