New "Ideas" Forum

Lana Stephen

Aug 18, 2018
There are many posts on the Ideas forum that are only ideas. People keep posting links to What the Idea Subforum Is For | Fenoxo Forums, but where else should these posts go? Rather than calling the thread "Ideas", calling it "Work in Progress" would be better. Such action would prevent people from getting the wrong idea. A new "Ideas" subforum would give people a place to post ideas and suggestions that others might take interest in, find something small that could improve their ongoing projects, give people a better idea of what they can do with their idea before investing their time and effort, or discuss broader topics (Ex. adding cuntsnake scenes to more characters or more pregnancy content) that many people can contribute to would be nice.

Lana Stephen

Aug 18, 2018
I had an Idea for a group of rushers that are going to many of the same planets in a different order than the player, with one or two having TFs from later planets that could show up as encounters or at the bar of whatever planet they're on. this is not something I have the time or foreknowledge to work on, so a forum for ideas where people could take one at a time and collaborate would be a good example of the forum's usefulness.

Another example would be posting a thread such as "Using Butt Bugs on NPCs" where people could snowball different scenes for various characters and the effects of bringing them to different worlds so that such scenes could be written easily in the "WiP" forum.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
There is already a thread to post ideas you don't intend to write, we don't need a new subforum for that. what they should do is prevent people from creating new threads on the ideas subforum until they've read the pinned thread with the rules.

Axilgreen

Apr 28, 2016
i have to disagree it would be a good idea. some people just can't write dialogue or areas yet still have ideas for them. problem is do to not having a section meant for idea and suggestions but instead one that meant for drafts and possible (started) submissions we get yelled at if we offer up a suggestion withought content behind it. and thats a problem for a community that is vary based on the creation and implementation of ideas, because thats the thing someone might not be able to write the idea but a writer might take it or expand upon it for later use. plus its not like it would be difficult to add in, it would just be a new section with vary loose rules and regulations (rules of course being ideas and suggestions only and no banned content like vore, incest etc) simple and easy purly meant to lessen the cluter while incurring discussion

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Because that "writer might expand on it" doesn't happen. It's not a thing, you aren't actually going to inspire much of anything. Hence, after a while, it was cut full stop to get more meaningful, productive content.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
but a writer might take it or expand upon it for later use
A lot of the writers on here would never go for an idea that someone else has pitched. Be it etiquette, personal preference or just thinking someone is looking for free writing.

Really, if people wanted someone else to work on their idea, they should commission a writer to do it.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
A lot of the writers on here would never go for an idea that someone else has pitched. Be it etiquette, personal preference or just thinking someone is looking for free writing.

Really, if people wanted someone else to work on their idea, they should commission a writer to do it.

True to that, and most writers have their own threads where they do ask people for ideas or run polls and then there is discord which is where most writers ask for stuff like character names or character species.

Lana Stephen

Aug 18, 2018
A forum for ideas would definitely be used, given all the purely idea posts already on this sub forum.
A lot of the writers on here would never go for an idea that someone else has pitched
Even if someone doesn't use an idea that someone else came up with the posts may give them inspiration or new perspectives that they couldn't get from a more focused thread if they have writers block.

Furthermore, if i wanted to post broader topic where wold I post it? I don't think a post about new SSTDs or Parasites and different mechanics or ways they could work would really fit anywhere else. How about different ways the aliens from The Kashima Incident could be used? Different ideas to flesh out various planets, with different types of characters or alternate encounters? Personally, I would appreciate having a sort of place to post miscellaneous topics that wouldn't fit anywhere else, especially with how easy it would probably be to add.

Also, less people mistakenly posting ideas in the "Ideas" sub forum.

Lana Stephen

Aug 18, 2018
Nowhere. Don't post them. It's a waste of everyone's time.
I already made a list of examples in this post of how people will post them anyway. Since they're such a bother to you at least give us a rug to sweep them under.

Because ideas without follow-through for not amount to anything.
I can imagine a thread possibly getting big enough that, depending on the topic, someone could see it, copy and paste parts of it into a google doc, make some edits, and walk away ready to submit.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I already made a list of examples in this post of how people will post them anyway. Since they're such a bother to you at least give us a rug to sweep them under.

That's like saying spambots will always get through our filter, so we might as well turn it off and make a spam section to welcome them in. No.

Reactions: Alabaster Chimes

Lana Stephen

Aug 18, 2018
That's like saying spambots will always get through our filter, so we might as well turn it off and make a spam section to welcome them in. No.
To my knowledge isn't that how filters work? Doesn't it take the spam and filter it to a spam section where it wont bother anyone? I haven't seen anything else really being done about this (though it could )other than an apparently easy to ignore sign and being lightly told off often by people who aren't in charge with no noticeable repercussions.

I won't post here anymore unless talked to directly as not to overstay my welcome or bother Savin with this anymore, but if anyone thinks a poll would help I could post one somewhere.

Axilgreen

Apr 28, 2016
To my knowledge isn't that how filters work? Doesn't it take the spam and filter it to a spam section where it wont bother anyone? I haven't seen anything else really being done about this (though it could )other than an apparently easy to ignore sign and being lightly told off often by people who aren't in charge with no noticeable repercussions.

I won't post here anymore unless talked to directly as not to overstay my welcome or bother Savin with this anymore, but if anyone thinks a poll would help I could post one somewhere.
that would probably be a good idea just name it something like "can't write! put your shit ideas and suggestions here" or something like that

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
Most writers (including myself) have more of their own ideas than they could ever physically hope to write, no matter how prolific they are. It's extremely unlikely that anyone will supply them with something that trumps the mountain of personal dream projects they have, especially if they take paid commissions already. Even if this thread existed, I find it highly unlikely that the people you probably want to go there ever would.

Axilgreen

Apr 28, 2016
correct thats why its just to stop spam from people who can't write and make them believe that their contributing. I'm only hard onto this because i have had run ins with people like savin (who are exsteamly protective about their work) thats lasted months trying to get people who could actually work to help. but in this community the creators barely ever take help if not commissioned and many people who do want to contribute can't because if your not a writer or a coder you can go fuck yourself in the ass so hard that your mom gets pregnant. its meant to trick people into thinking their helping and get them to shut the hell up, and who knows one of those people might actually take it upon themselves to write it thus a new creator or coder.
its a fake pr move in other words

p.s sorry savin

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I don't know what was harder to read, your rambling or the block of writing with almost no punctuation and complete lack of definition.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
can't write remember
That doesn't mean you can't learn decent grammar.
I'm not much of a writer myself, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to use punctuation and all that.

Reactions: Kesil and Evil

Axilgreen

Apr 28, 2016
agreed. sadly though I'm highly dyslexic to the point that I've been going to writing classes before i even entered middle school to fix my grammar and punctuation. I'm so bad at writing i almost got a writing degree in collage because of all the classes i took. these past few months have been the best i have ever written yet even with that i will struggle with writing till the day i die. I'm almost twenty four years old and still can't spell the word they or understand where periods go.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
agreed. sadly though I'm highly dyslexic to the point that I've been going to writing classes before i even entered middle school to fix my grammar and punctuation. I'm so bad at writing i almost got a writing degree in collage because of all the classes i took. these past few months have been the best i have ever written yet even with that i will struggle with writing till the day i die. I'm almost twenty four years old and still can't spell the word they or understand where periods go.
That doesn't really have anything to do with the idea being terrible.

Axilgreen

Apr 28, 2016
different opinions, thats why this thread become an argument. plus that was just for defense, literally look at the cament above it

Last edited: