Need Help - Erra Locked Option Question + Penny Save Editing Question

JadePeregrine

Sep 12, 2020
Hello, thanks for checking out my post. As I mentioned, I need some help with a couple things.

I'll start with my problems with Erra:
I've noticed that there's an option that's locked away. The message tooltip says 'You don't know her well enough yet' or something similar. I have already gone through all the collar options and developed the relationship as far as I can. Others have had a similar problem, and have posted in this forum before. The answer to all of those has been 'You need to do the walkies scene' and for some people, it worked. However i've already done that. Multiple times. The codex stat log also confirms this. Yet it's still locked. I've gone through and done all talk and sex options again and again, but no progress. Dee never talks to me after the walkies scene about any feelings. I'm not really sure what i'm supposed to do?

Second, my problems with Penny:
Penny was my favourite char. Back when I played, there was no option to recruit or any of that. Because of that, I exhausted all the other options with her, including turning her into a cumslut with throbb (never did bimbo though, didn't want to change her personality too much, which is also why I was apprehensive about using throbb but she had no other options back then)

I recently found out that she is now recruitable, and that there's an option to make her futa and not change her personality by using the synthsheath.

I want to pursure this option but restarting the game for this one thing to be changed is not an option, because this game is huge and practically a full rpg at this point.

I have the save editor and I checked all the flags for 'Penny' 'Badger' and 'Zil' that seemed relevant, and made them all undefined. This didn't work. I then went back and changed all the bold and asterisk marked flags by using the 'red X' and that worked... partially.

Now when I boot up the save, I can redo the zil quest as normal. I can talk to penny and sex her as if we've never met. Badger has been reset as if we've never met. However... once I sex her, then leave the planet and come back, her talk options are refreshed with new talk options (Her species etc, futunari, cumsluttery etc) and new sex options (o.desk, u.desk, etc etc). In her talk options she'll talk about 'having the perfect tool for sex, thanks to you (the pc)' implying she has a dick. If you advance the talk scenes and unlock the futa talk option again, starting it will have her respond with 'Calm down' or 'Tease' as if she's already had several doses of throbb. The option to give her the synth sheath is also available. However many options like cumsluttery are still greyed out and say 'These are not available because penny is not a cumslut'.

The game seems to be confused, and skips a whole bunch of stuff until she's had several doses of throbb.

Does anyone have any advice for what flags I might have missed, or how to fix this so I can recruit penny not as a cumslut without having to restart?

Thank you for your advice and for taking the time to read.

TheShepard256

I'll start with my problems with Erra:
I've noticed that there's an option that's locked away. The message tooltip says 'You don't know her well enough yet' or something similar. I have already gone through all the collar options and developed the relationship as far as I can. Others have had a similar problem, and have posted in this forum before. The answer to all of those has been 'You need to do the walkies scene' and for some people, it worked. However i've already done that. Multiple times. The codex stat log also confirms this. Yet it's still locked. I've gone through and done all talk and sex options again and again, but no progress. Dee never talks to me after the walkies scene about any feelings. I'm not really sure what i'm supposed to do?
Which option is it? All her talk options should be named even if they're not available, and if it's a different option, please describe where it is in relation to other options on the same menu.
Second, my problems with Penny:
I have the save editor and I checked all the flags for 'Penny' 'Badger' and 'Zil' that seemed relevant, and made them all undefined. This didn't work. I then went back and changed all the bold and asterisk marked flags by using the 'red X' and that worked... partially.

Now when I boot up the save, I can redo the zil quest as normal. I can talk to penny and sex her as if we've never met. Badger has been reset as if we've never met. However... once I sex her, then leave the planet and come back, her talk options are refreshed with new talk options (Her species etc, futunari, cumsluttery etc) and new sex options (o.desk, u.desk, etc etc). In her talk options she'll talk about 'having the perfect tool for sex, thanks to you (the pc)' implying she has a dick. If you advance the talk scenes and unlock the futa talk option again, starting it will have her respond with 'Calm down' or 'Tease' as if she's already had several doses of throbb. The option to give her the synth sheath is also available. However many options like cumsluttery are still greyed out and say 'These are not available because penny is not a cumslut'.

The game seems to be confused, and skips a whole bunch of stuff until she's had several doses of throbb.

Does anyone have any advice for what flags I might have missed, or how to fix this so I can recruit penny not as a cumslut without having to restart?
That's because many parts of her content don't check for flags, but rather for Penny's cock. Penny has a full statblock saved, and giving her Throbb or a SynthSheath, or bimbofying her with Badger's bimbo ray, will change the relevant parts of her statblock to match what the text says has changed about her. Since your save editing only touched flags, her statblock is still the way it was before, so any scenes that checks for her cock will still recognise that she has one, even if the flags say otherwise.

To fix this, you'll simply have to remove Penny's male genitalia (her statblock can be edited by selecting her from the drop-down menu near the top that has PC in it by default) as well as setting all the flags to undefined (which requires using that red X like you did the second time); if she has the Ditz Speech perk (though I doubt she will), also remove that. If you really want to make sure, check out her page in the public GitHub (there are separate pages for her bimbofication, bimbo and crew content, but I don't think those will be too relevant here).

Reactions: JadePeregrine

JadePeregrine

Sep 12, 2020
First off, thank you for your response :) I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

For Erra, when I click on them in a bar it will immediately come up with several options:
Appearance - Talk - Sex - and then next to that is one that says 'Locked' and appears greyed out. When I hover over it, the text reads: "You don't know her well enough for whatever this is"

For Penny, thank you very much for your advice! I'll try that later. If it works, you'll have my gratitude. Out of interest, how do you know all this? I'd love to be able to figure this stuff out for myself and know more about how it all works :)

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Well in Erra's case, its more that you actually need to talk to her and build up a friendship before she's going to talk about more personal topics.

JadePeregrine

Sep 12, 2020
But i've done all of her talk options. I've exhausted all of them, and done them all multiple times just to be sure. The only other option I have is altering her body to make her a huskar. But i've talked about every personal thing, and the option was locked still before huskar was added i'm sure, so I doubt it's related to tha anyway.

TheShepard256

For Erra, when I click on them in a bar it will immediately come up with several options:
Appearance - Talk - Sex - and then next to that is one that says 'Locked' and appears greyed out. When I hover over it, the text reads: "You don't know her well enough for whatever this is"
That's the Public Pets scene, which is supposed to be unlocked by doing her Past, Relationships and Dee talks. Testing on the latest public version (v0.8.106), it still works as intended regardless of how else you've interacted with her.
For Penny, thank you very much for your advice! I'll try that later. If it works, you'll have my gratitude. Out of interest, how do you know all this? I'd love to be able to figure this stuff out for myself and know more about how it all works :)
By reading the publicly-available source code, four pages of which I linked in my prior post. Do note that it currently hasn't been updated since the 6th of March, so it won't have anything that's been added after then.

JadePeregrine

Sep 12, 2020
Hmm. Well, I just did all those talk options again and it's still locked. Do you know why that might be?

Also that's fair - I just don't really know what i'm looking at, or how to find out that information. ^^;

TheShepard256

Hmm. Well, I just did all those talk options again and it's still locked. Do you know why that might be?
The only thing I can think of is that it might be a bug that's been introduced since the latest public version. Are you playing on the latest public version (v0.8.106), or a more recent backer version? If the latter, then post a bug report about it; if the former, I have no idea.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Just keep having sex with her. Talk options should unlock after a while.

JadePeregrine

Sep 12, 2020
I have managed to resolve my issues with Penny thanks to your help, shepard, thank you for that.

I have also managed to fix Erra. For anyone else looking to fix this issue in the future, you just need to go into TiTSEd and reset all the flags for 'Erra' with the red x and go through all the scenes again. Not sure why I had that bug, and I think it's not been mentioned by anyone else which is weird, but if anyone needs to know how to fix it there ya go.