Naohr ~ Kinky Fantasy Life Simulation

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
Am I that obvious? :p

Yup : D I could definitively use your expertise for my test plan ! : ^^

A console window appears, a lot a text quickly shows up on it, then the window closes. This is the same thing that happened the last time I tried to play it!

Could you type the command "java -version" from the command prompt and post it to this thread just to be sure it is not coming from multiple java versions on your os?

(In case you do not know how to do that : windows key >> type "cmd" >> then type "java -version" without quotes)

Moon_Dew

May 11, 2017
Yup : D I could definitively use your expertise for my test plan ! : ^^

Could you type the command "java -version" from the command prompt and post it to this thread just to be sure it is not coming from multiple java versions on your os?

(In case you do not know how to do that : windows key >> type "cmd" >> then type "java -version" without quotes)

It's not recognized as an internal or external command...whatever the hell that means.

Can't you just make an .exe file for the next update? Seems like it would solve a lot of problems with this.

art926

Sep 8, 2015
Is there a main plot in the game? I opened only one new location (port) and that's it. In the beginning of the game when you sleep first couple of times it tells something about evil raising in a forest or something like that. But where is the forest, how do I get there and how do I fight?...

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
It's not recognized as an internal or external command...whatever the hell that means.

Can't you just make an .exe file for the next update? Seems like it would solve a lot of problems with this.

Could you try the latest version and see if it is working? There is a windows release now.

Is there a main plot in the game? I opened only one new location (port) and that's it. In the beginning of the game when you sleep first couple of times it tells something about evil raising in a forest or something like that. But where is the forest, how do I get there and how do I fight?...

It was my initial plot and you can advance the plot by working as a whore for a little bit but you won't be able to fight for the moment. I am currently focusing on the prostitute profession which has its own small plot revolving around the Symposium event.

zb123

Jun 10, 2017
The game keeps crashing on startup with the following stacktrace:
Code:
2017/06/10 21:23:41 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR com.ang.my.dee.App - Preloading failed
com.ang.my.dee.util.NaorRuntimeException: Could not read resources\referenceData\houses\smallHouse\smallHouse.json
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.json.AbstractJsonLoader.read(AbstractJsonLoader.java:125)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.tryImport(LoaderMechanism.java:94)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.innerLoad(LoaderMechanism.java:78)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.lambda$innerLoad$541(LoaderMechanism.java:81)
    at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.innerLoad(LoaderMechanism.java:81)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.load(LoaderMechanism.java:65)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.HouseLoader.load(HouseLoader.java:17)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.DataLoader.lambda$loadData$214(DataLoader.java:64)
    at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.DataLoader.loadData(DataLoader.java:64)
    at com.ang.my.dee.preloader.BusinessPreloader.call(BusinessPreloader.java:51)
    at com.ang.my.dee.preloader.BusinessPreloader.call(BusinessPreloader.java:22)
    at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Instantiation of [map type; class java.util.LinkedHashMap, [simple type, class com.ang.my.dee.business.model.reference.blueprints.RoomType] -> [simple type, class java.lang.Integer]] value failed (java.lang.NullPointerException): null
 at [Source: resources\referenceData\houses\smallHouse\smallHouse.json; line: 14, column: 2] (through reference chain: com.ang.my.dee.business.model.reference.blueprints.House["roomNumber"]->java.util.LinkedHashMap["N/A"])
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.from(JsonMappingException.java:223)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdValueInstantiator.wrapAsJsonMappingException(StdValueInstantiator.java:445)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdValueInstantiator.rewrapCtorProblem(StdValueInstantiator.java:464)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdValueInstantiator.createFromObjectWith(StdValueInstantiator.java:258)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.impl.PropertyBasedCreator.build(PropertyBasedCreator.java:135)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer._deserializeUsingCreator(MapDeserializer.java:577)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer.deserialize(MapDeserializer.java:320)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer.deserialize(MapDeserializer.java:26)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.SettableBeanProperty.deserialize(SettableBeanProperty.java:490)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer._deserializeWithErrorWrapping(BeanDeserializer.java:465)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer._deserializeUsingPropertyBased(BeanDeserializer.java:380)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializerBase.deserializeFromObjectUsingNonDefault(BeanDeserializerBase.java:1123)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserializeFromObject(BeanDeserializer.java:298)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:133)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:3789)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2673)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.json.AbstractJsonLoader.read(AbstractJsonLoader.java:123)
    ... 15 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at java.util.HashMap.putMapEntries(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.LinkedHashMap.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.introspect.AnnotatedConstructor.call(AnnotatedConstructor.java:114)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdValueInstantiator.createFromObjectWith(StdValueInstantiator.java:256)
    ... 28 common frames omitted

Both with version 0.3.8 and 0.3.9.1.
If I remove the offending roomNumber object from the smallHouse.json then it starts up fine but obviously the House is screwed in game. :)

Seems to be a conflict between schema definition and actual object.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
The game keeps crashing on startup with the following stacktrace:
Code:
2017/06/10 21:23:41 [JavaFX Application Thread] ERROR com.ang.my.dee.App - Preloading failed
com.ang.my.dee.util.NaorRuntimeException: Could not read resources\referenceData\houses\smallHouse\smallHouse.json
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.json.AbstractJsonLoader.read(AbstractJsonLoader.java:125)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.tryImport(LoaderMechanism.java:94)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.innerLoad(LoaderMechanism.java:78)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.lambda$innerLoad$541(LoaderMechanism.java:81)
    at java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.innerLoad(LoaderMechanism.java:81)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.LoaderMechanism.load(LoaderMechanism.java:65)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.HouseLoader.load(HouseLoader.java:17)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.DataLoader.lambda$loadData$214(DataLoader.java:64)
    at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(Unknown Source)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.DataLoader.loadData(DataLoader.java:64)
    at com.ang.my.dee.preloader.BusinessPreloader.call(BusinessPreloader.java:51)
    at com.ang.my.dee.preloader.BusinessPreloader.call(BusinessPreloader.java:22)
    at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Instantiation of [map type; class java.util.LinkedHashMap, [simple type, class com.ang.my.dee.business.model.reference.blueprints.RoomType] -> [simple type, class java.lang.Integer]] value failed (java.lang.NullPointerException): null
 at [Source: resources\referenceData\houses\smallHouse\smallHouse.json; line: 14, column: 2] (through reference chain: com.ang.my.dee.business.model.reference.blueprints.House["roomNumber"]->java.util.LinkedHashMap["N/A"])
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException.from(JsonMappingException.java:223)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdValueInstantiator.wrapAsJsonMappingException(StdValueInstantiator.java:445)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdValueInstantiator.rewrapCtorProblem(StdValueInstantiator.java:464)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdValueInstantiator.createFromObjectWith(StdValueInstantiator.java:258)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.impl.PropertyBasedCreator.build(PropertyBasedCreator.java:135)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer._deserializeUsingCreator(MapDeserializer.java:577)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer.deserialize(MapDeserializer.java:320)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.MapDeserializer.deserialize(MapDeserializer.java:26)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.SettableBeanProperty.deserialize(SettableBeanProperty.java:490)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer._deserializeWithErrorWrapping(BeanDeserializer.java:465)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer._deserializeUsingPropertyBased(BeanDeserializer.java:380)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializerBase.deserializeFromObjectUsingNonDefault(BeanDeserializerBase.java:1123)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserializeFromObject(BeanDeserializer.java:298)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:133)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper._readMapAndClose(ObjectMapper.java:3789)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2673)
    at com.ang.my.dee.io.loaders.json.AbstractJsonLoader.read(AbstractJsonLoader.java:123)
    ... 15 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    at java.util.HashMap.putMapEntries(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.LinkedHashMap.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.introspect.AnnotatedConstructor.call(AnnotatedConstructor.java:114)
    at com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.deser.std.StdValueInstantiator.createFromObjectWith(StdValueInstantiator.java:256)
    ... 28 common frames omitted

Both with version 0.3.8 and 0.3.9.1.
If I remove the offending roomNumber object from the smallHouse.json then it starts up fine but obviously the House is screwed in game. :)

Seems to be a conflict between schema definition and actual object.

Thanks for your feedback! I tried with unzipped 0.3.8 and 0.3.9.1 version on windows and I don't have any issue. Do you use the raw version?
By any chance, do you copy/paste newer version into old one, or the resources directory ?

zb123

Jun 10, 2017
I tried the slim version and the full, on separate new installations of the game. :/

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Hmm. Odd. It feels like I'm playing a different game from everyone else (it's version 0.3.9.1) because there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING to do. I work the brothel getting the same scenes over and over again, slowly increasing stats to no particular purpose (since I get the same money for every encounter anyway) my proficiency hit 20 then goes nowhere, I can't upgrade from Whore to Prostitute, and nothing at all seems to be happening.

Also for some reason all my stats start at 1/25 regardless of my background choices, which seems odd, except "Mind Power" (whatever that's supposed to mean) which starts at 51/100 for some reason. Also I can't alt-tab out of the game without it immediately crashing (when I go back to it the interface has vanished completely with nothing I can do except alt+F4).

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
I tried the slim version and the full, on separate new installations of the game. :/

Really strange. I will look into it, based on your logs.

Hmm. Odd. It feels like I'm playing a different game from everyone else (it's version 0.3.9.1) because there doesn't seem to be ANYTHING to do. I work the brothel getting the same scenes over and over again, slowly increasing stats to no particular purpose (since I get the same money for every encounter anyway) my proficiency hit 20 then goes nowhere, I can't upgrade from Whore to Prostitute, and nothing at all seems to be happening.

Also for some reason all my stats start at 1/25 regardless of my background choices, which seems odd, except "Mind Power" (whatever that's supposed to mean) which starts at 51/100 for some reason. Also I can't alt-tab out of the game without it immediately crashing (when I go back to it the interface has vanished completely with nothing I can do except alt+F4).

Prostitute profession is available if you have seduction >5, sex addiction less than level 3 and going back to the Blue Velvet. You will witness a really short scene and you will become a prostitute.

Mind power represents sub/dom which is why it starts in the middle.
As for the other stats, there is for the moment no need to go beyond 25. If you choose nobility, solider, hunter, farmer or criminal as background you will get a bonus in a dedicated stat. Education will give you an item and stat modifier (which reminds me, it is not yet displayed in the UI)

Finally, the interface vanishing is not the game crashing but the UI hiding. Press alt and it will come back. I will remove the key binding as a lot of people are confused by that :s

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
Prostitute profession is available if you have seduction >5, sex addiction less than level 3 and going back to the Blue Velvet. You will witness a really short scene and you will become a prostitute.

Mind power represents sub/dom which is why it starts in the middle.
As for the other stats, there is for the moment no need to go beyond 25. If you choose nobility, solider, hunter, farmer or criminal as background you will get a bonus in a dedicated stat. Education will give you an item and stat modifier (which reminds me, it is not yet displayed in the UI)

Finally, the interface vanishing is not the game crashing but the UI hiding. Press alt and it will come back. I will remove the key binding as a lot of people are confused by that :s
Pardon me for asking, but why the HELL don't you get ANY bonus to your sexual stats for having worked as a prostitute in your own background?

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
Pardon me for asking, but why the HELL don't you get ANY bonus to your sexual stats for having worked as a prostitute in your own background?

You have. Bonuses are stat modifiers (+X% learning speed) instead of points and UI does not show them for the moment. I will rework the background mechanism in a latter version and I will take your comment into consideration.

Moon_Dew

May 11, 2017
How in heaven's name are you guys even starting this game? I still can't get the damn thing to launch, even with the .exe file! I can't run the windows or slim versions, all because of the same damn error I've been getting since I started trying to play this game!

Last edited:

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
How in heaven's name are you guys even starting this game? I still can't get the damn thing to launch, even with the .exe file! I can't run the windows or slim versions, all because of the same damn error I've been getting since I started trying to play this game!

Did you do previous project using java on your computer? Side project where you modify java variable (CLASSPATH windows variable for example)? You do not have several version on your computer? The last time you tried the windows version, did you deleted all your java versions on your computer?

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
On the menu for this week you will be able to get two new skills which should greatly ease the persuasion mini-game (you can find them in the trait view under the "General" tab), two items that increase beauty and charisma and the Symposium quest (done to 60%) that should simplify the "implicit" Symposium quest. I also fixed the scrolling issue on large text, some highlight focus on in-game messaging popup and some trouble saving the settings.
Like previous weeks, I dedicated my time implementing the Slave extension. It will be more than just a profession with few special actions and traits. The data infrastructure and the core restriction mechanism are implemented in their first version. For the moment the PC can become a slave after a special event but that's hidden for now as there is no gameplay. The restrictions will be applied on the inventory (dress code & consumables), the room (decoration), the money usage and supervised trip. Hopefully next week there will be a very simple version to show!

Links :

Wordpress post and free direct download Patreon post

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
I cant create big loveroom/big dungeon because, for some reason, small one is autoselected. I can create default dungeon however, but big one still is not avaliable.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
I cant create big loveroom/big dungeon because, for some reason, small one is autoselected. I can create default dungeon however, but big one still is not avaliable.

I will fix the wrong auto selection. I get stranger things if there is not enough money to buy the room. Do you have the 400$ to buy it?

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
I will fix the wrong auto selection. I get stranger things if there is not enough money to buy the room. Do you have the 400$ to buy it?
Yeah, tried it with more than enough money. Also futanari sigil quest is bugged, after getting sigil I was constantly getting message "Quest is failed" after any action.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
Yeah, tried it with more than enough money.

Ok, could you send me the file called general.log located at the root directory of the game once you have the issue? It will greatly help me. Thanks!

Also futanari sigil quest is bugged, after getting sigil I was constantly getting message "Quest is failed" after any action.
By any chance did you get another sigil before this one?

EDIT : I fixed it. Two bugs in one row spotted on the quest feature thanks to you. Thank you very much!

Last edited:

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
Ok, could you send me the file called general.log located at the root directory of the game once you have the issue? It will greatly help me. Thanks!

By any chance did you get another sigil before this one?

EDIT : I fixed it. Two bugs in one row spotted on the quest feature thanks to you. Thank you very much!
Do you have any means to prevent bugs in cas eyou are completing the quest and supposed to recieve a reward formit but have a full inventory? Also do you still need general.log or you are fine now?

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
Do you have any means to prevent bugs in cas eyou are completing the quest and supposed to recieve a reward formit but have a full inventory? Also do you still need general.log or you are fine now?
I am implementing some kind of a delivery system that will be used each time an item could not be received after a quest/event. That should fix the full inventory bug.

For the first bug, I could definitively use your general.log file as I am still unable to reproduce it for the moment.

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
I am implementing some kind of a delivery system that will be used each time an item could not be received after a quest/event. That should fix the full inventory bug.

For the first bug, I could definitively use your general.log file as I am still unable to reproduce it for the moment.
Nevermind, there is no problem for some reason on the next day.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
New release 0.4.6 is available.

Short changelog:

Slave job is under progress

New locations : basement, main floor, canteen with dedicated events.
New NPCs : Jahiem (kinky stuff), Carol and Sebeett (kinky stuff).
New relationship mechanism, new food mechanism.
Now, as a slave you have content from 8AM to 2PM.
Sylvian road : new events.
Finished quests' implementation for Symposium (hetero sigil, gay sigil, hetero female partner and hetero male partner)

Upcoming : doing afternoon events, adding quests for morning events.

Blog post
Patreon free direct download

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
I have issues with finding Iris to complete Hetero sigil questline, competed everything but have no idea where to find her to complete the quest. Also i've completed the futanari sigil quest too. This is all the content related to the symposium or you can conitnue it somehow? And What about new content, you can access to it only via quick start in the new game, right?

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
I have issues with finding Iris to complete Hetero sigil questline, competed everything but have no idea where to find her to complete the quest. Also i've completed the futanari sigil quest too. This is all the content related to the symposium or you can conitnue it somehow? And What about new content, you can access to it only via quick start in the new game, right?

Iris is always at the Blue Velvet, but if you do not have the action there, I might have missed something. Did you play a male or a female?
There is the gay sigil if you play a male, but that's all for sigil for the moment.
You can continue the main Symposium quest. The last event is taking part but if you use a save, you might not have the quest in your changelog. Only a specific event (the leaflet) will add it. If you saw it before I implemented the quest, then you cannot have it at the moment. You have to start over. I will add a fix to my todo list.

Slave profession can be accessed after the final Symposium event. Depending of it, you might not have the choice and become a slave automatically.

Sylvian new content is only available for non-slave character.

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
My character chose to receive clients in her home and after furbishing one of the empty rooms as a "love room", when I receive someone, it says I can't do anything because I don't have a bed tagged as "love bed".
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
My character chose to receive clients in her home and after furbishing one of the empty rooms as a "love room", when I receive someone, it says I can't do anything because I don't have a bed tagged as "love bed".
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Did you buy the love bed in the Furnishop from the market street? You need to add it to the love room as it comes completely empty.

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
Did you buy the love bed in the Furnishop from the market street? You need to add it to the love room as it comes completely empty.
Will a regular bed do? Because I can't find one specifically named "love bed", just regular and comfortable.

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
Iris is always at the Blue Velvet, but if you do not have the action there, I might have missed something. Did you play a male or a female?
There is the gay sigil if you play a male, but that's all for sigil for the moment.
You can continue the main Symposium quest. The last event is taking part but if you use a save, you might not have the quest in your changelog. Only a specific event (the leaflet) will add it. If you saw it before I implemented the quest, then you cannot have it at the moment. You have to start over. I will add a fix to my todo list.

Slave profession can be accessed after the final Symposium event. Depending of it, you might not have the choice and become a slave automatically.

Sylvian new content is only available for non-slave character.
I am playing as male character, completed hetero sigil quest to a point of "find iris to report back" and in blue velvet I had 0 actions avaliable. Also had issues with clothes - i've bought and equipped them before the quest to buy them so I needed to buy another costume and shoes for quest to track it (tried to unequip/equip again but it didn't help). Also I did complete futanari sigil, but as I understand, futanari partner for Symposium isn't ready.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
I am playing as male character, completed hetero sigil quest to a point of "find iris to report back" and in blue velvet I had 0 actions avaliable. Also had issues with clothes - i've bought and equipped them before the quest to buy them so I needed to buy another costume and shoes for quest to track it (tried to unequip/equip again but it didn't help). Also I did complete futanari sigil, but as I understand, futanari partner for Symposium isn't ready.

You are right there is no Futanari partner at the moment but you can still use their sigil to register to the Symposium. Registering happens only once so if you used the futanari sigil, then you are good to continue the main quest, whether or not you finished the hetero sigil quest.
Could you send me your save file at the email address given in the readme file please? I will look into it.

Reactions: Sapphire