Naohr ~ Kinky Fantasy Life Simulation

Apr 17, 2017
Another player had a similar issue. Do you have the latest version of Java ? If it is the case and you still have the issue, you can try starting the game through the Windows command(if you don't know how to do that, just get back to me :) and get the very first error preventing you to have the log file.
i do have the latest version of java, how do i start the game through windows command?

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
You can try the following :
  • Try running the app as administrator (while shift pressed, right click on the naohr.bat file then execute as admin)
  • in the root directory of the game, press shift then right click somewhere empty then select the option about a command shell (I have a french version of windows, sorry for the not really accurate clue). Once the shell is opened type "java -Dlogback.configurationFile=resources/logback.xml -jar naor-app.jar" without the quotes then press enter. Game should try to start. If it does not, could you send me a screenshot of the displayed error? If it starts and crashes, you should have the file general.log in the same directory, could you send it to me?
  • press the windows key then type "cmd". Right-click on the application that should show up and "execute as administrator" then type "cd /path/to/root/file/directory" You can easily find the path by opening the explorer, navigating to the root directory of the game and selecting the complete path at the top of the window. Then type "java -Dlogback.configurationFile=resources/logback.xml -jar naor-app.jar" and as for the previous possible solution send me the screenshot or general.log.

Apr 17, 2017
You can try the following :
  • Try running the app as administrator (while shift pressed, right click on the naohr.bat file then execute as admin)
  • in the root directory of the game, press shift then right click somewhere empty then select the option about a command shell (I have a french version of windows, sorry for the not really accurate clue). Once the shell is opened type "java -Dlogback.configurationFile=resources/logback.xml -jar naor-app.jar" without the quotes then press enter. Game should try to start. If it does not, could you send me a screenshot of the displayed error? If it starts and crashes, you should have the file general.log in the same directory, could you send it to me?
  • press the windows key then type "cmd". Right-click on the application that should show up and "execute as administrator" then type "cd /path/to/root/file/directory" You can easily find the path by opening the explorer, navigating to the root directory of the game and selecting the complete path at the top of the window. Then type "java -Dlogback.configurationFile=resources/logback.xml -jar naor-app.jar" and as for the previous possible solution send me the screenshot or general.log.
Omg thank you so much, i finally got it to work, cant wait to play it!

Metalax

Nov 21, 2015
Saw that 0.3.5 was out and after starting a new game started making notes of various spelling errors and word use that was awkward in English. There may still be grammar issues that I didn't note, as I'm not the best at that.
edit: Also note that testing is being done using a female character with the m/m filter on. Testing using a male character or with the filter not engaged will be noted if it happens.
Character gen
Page 1

hold's porthole --> porthole of the hold
sailing. --> sailing in.
overcrowding --> overcrowding of the
lived --> lived in
First --> Your first
you let --> you give
sometimes --> some time
let you --> lets you
explain --> explains to

Page 2

living ? --> living?
Noble>Desc know --> knew
Merchant>Desc got what --> get what
Ermite?> Desc Your parents loved the forest more than the castle. : Energy --> energy
Also, should Ermite be Hermit?
Criminal > Description -> shaddy --> shady : easy --> easy,
Unknown>Desc known --> know

Page 3

Truancy>Desc education --> education,
Assistant>Desc you get --> you are : usefull -->useful
Prostitute>Desc of the --> in the : allowed you --> allowed you to, : you get --> you have

Page 4

fill this --> fill in this
starts --> start
all descs --> remove space before ?

Using a technical term for the description for picking skin colour is obscure. Most are unlikely to have heard of it causing confusion.
try spectrum, --> spectrum of skin colour, where do you fit?
hair length: bold --> bald

Page 5

with alien --> with the immigrant
you you --> you
any time --> all times,
to to --> to
100 $$$ --> 250 $$$ (unless this is supposed to be a deliberate falsehood, in which case it needs to be commented on the first time taxes are collected)
Accordingly --> According
report --> reports
due. --> done.
obvious you see steam --> obvious, you can see steam
you won't have --> you wouldn't have
come from. --> came from.
at destination --> at your destination
be ? --> be?

Tutorial Meet The Kinky Family

whore from The Blue --> whore from the Blue
easiness --> ease
Sentence starting "To discover it" should be moved up to under the line ending "is under progress." Looks like these got split apart when the information about skills and traits was added.
payment each --> payment every
Tax --> The tax

Tutorial Inventory

type: --> types:

Tutorial City

arrows --> the arrow
tabulations --> tab keys

Inventory

Stat Tooltips
Strength - dommages --> damage
Money - get in --> have in : still --> steal
Hair tab - no label for hair colour.

Explore>Farm>rest

scene starting "You were wandering around the orchard"
node --> nod
This scene also still shows if already working at the farm. Not sure if it should stop while having the farmer job.

scene starting "You are wandering across fields"
nature et --> nature and

scene starting "While wandering near the orchard"
shout --> shouts
an --> a
him not --> him
or
him not --> him, not
first if there was no trouble, second if there was trouble.

scene starting "During your wandering"
Few --> A few

scene starting "While wandering around the farm"
Man is huge and have --> The man is huge and has
offers you --> offers for you
want to --> want,
need --> needs
worker --> workers

scene starting "You accept the offer"
you all --> you to all
presenting you --> showing you (already used presents in the sentence)
chief says --> chief says,
Choice --> The choice

edit: some more corrections
Earthquake event
if you are being awoken by the earthquake then
You are waking up --> You wake up
or if you are waking up already and then the earthquake happens
You are waking up --> As you are waking up

in the --> from the
for seconds --> for several seconds
with them --> with them,
And then --> Then
as it comes --> as it came
Tremors --> The tremors
Truth to be told --> truth be told
That's some strange --> This has been a strange

This scene kind of needs paragraphing, rather than having every sentence on a new line. Also remembering a blank line between paragraphs.

Para 1: You are
Para 2: Those tremors + Your possessions
Para 3: And then + Tremors + You cannot + Truth
Para 4: That's

Naohr is abnormally noisy event
it by --> it to
scared farmers --> scared farmers,
on this --> in this
scared beasts --> scare the beasts
turned against --> turn against the
disappearance --> disappearances
this forest --> the forest
Feeling --> Feelings
starts --> start
trying --> try

Again, paragraphing.

Para 1: Naohr
Para 2: Numerous + You do not
Para 3: Some say + Some claim
Para 4: Feeling + Why not

Prison
comfortable --> comfortable,
inmates ? --> inmates?
isn't it? --> aren't they?
Exercices --> Exercises

Prison>Exercises
scene starting "There you are"
exercices --> exercises,

scene starting "It is time for some outside activity!"
When wardens --> When the wardens
your cells, --> your cell,

scene starting "Today is outdoor day!"
Wardens get you --> Wardens move you
Instructions --> The instructions

scene starting "You can't be inactive"
after few --> after a few
muscle sharper --> muscles are sharper

Prison>Wait
scene starting "You are juste"
juste --> just
waiting --> waiting,

scene starting "Well, you know"
That quite --> It is quite
rare someone --> rare that someone

Prison>leaving
will get --> will be
get back --> be put back

Edit: and some more
Tutorial Profession
Each 10 --> Every 10
levels, --> levels in the profession skill,
unique trait --> unique traits
gameplay --> gameplay,
work --> work,
place --> places
skills, --> skills, when changing professions,

Tooltip farming skill
in farmer --> in the farmer

Tutorial Professions
group. --> groups.
change for --> change to
actions --> actions,
Usually --> Usually,

Farm>Fields
scene starting "Nothing in particular"
particular --> particular happens
work --> work,
expect --> except
noise... --> noises...

scene starting "You finish your shift"
leave this --> leaving this
go to --> going to

scene starting "You are working with your hoe"
fields --> fields,
Kingdom's --> The kingdom's
litteraly --> literally

scene starting " You work hard"
fill --> feel

scene starting " You are so unlucky"
unlucky --> unlucky that
working!Your --> working! Your
take --> takes
money --> money from your wage

scene starting "Today you do"
broken --> feeling as if you had broken your

scene starting "You start to work"
hear again --> again hear
search the --> search for the
noise ? --> noises?

scene starting " You decide you want"
who does --> who makes
moans --> moaning
for few --> for a few

scene starting "You take advantage"
colleague --> colleagues

scene starting "You follow the noise"
for the discretion... --> for discretion...
find --> finds
whisper few --> whisper for a few
asking to you --? asking you
approch --> approach
collapse --> collapsed
woman get --> woman gets
start --> starts
slips an --> slips a
tits.. --> tits...
After few --> After a few
break et --> break and
get back --> gets back
farm even --> farm, even

Edit: Seems like there is some kind of memory problem. The game started becoming slower and slower until it stopped responding. Possibly related to the animated image used in the event at the farm fields? Restarting it plays at normal speed again.

Uploaded a copy of the general.log.

Last edited:

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
Saw that 0.3.5 was out and after starting a new game started making notes of various spelling errors and word use that was awkward in English. There may still be grammar issues that I didn't note, as I'm not the best at that.
edit: Also note that testing is being done using a female character with the m/m filter on. Testing using a male character or with the filter not engaged will be noted if it happens.

Edit: Seems like there is some kind of memory problem. The game started becoming slower and slower until it stopped responding. Possibly related to the animated image used in the event at the farm fields? Restarting it plays at normal speed again.

Uploaded a copy of the general.log.

You are my hero! I will fix all mistakes you found!
I am working on the memory leak, and I definitively should fix that as you are not the only one experimenting it.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
You are my hero! I will fix all mistakes you found!
I am working on the memory leak, and I definitively should fix that as you are not the only one experimenting it.

yeah memory leaks are the bane of games (besides bugs that break functionality.) Some game developers don't focus at all on memory leaks when in actuality they should. Memory leaks happen due to bad coding, and if they're not fixed the issue becomes bigger later on down the road.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
Finally I fixed the last memory leak produced in my code. Next release should bring more stability : )
By the way, if there are JavaFX masters around here, I could definitively use their expertise as I found strange memory usage I can't really explain at the moment (css.PseudoClass are created by hundreds and I don't find where to clean up...)

Moon_Dew

May 11, 2017
How do I even start the game!? I've tried just clicking the .bat and the .sh file and the .jar file, tried running them as admin, tried the command prompt, and I know I'm using the latest version of Java because that auto-updates. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?

Also, what do I need to open a .sh file anyway? Oh, and I'm using Windows 10 if that matters.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
How do I even start the game!? I've tried just clicking the .bat and the .sh file and the .jar file, tried running them as admin, tried the command prompt, and I know I'm using the latest version of Java because that auto-updates. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?

Also, what do I need to open a .sh file anyway? Oh, and I'm using Windows 10 if that matters.
The game opens with the .jar file. You need Java runtime environment on your system - try googling how to open a .jar file and you'll get explanations and links...

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com

Could you send me the file called general.log located at the root dir of the game if you have it ?
If you do no have it, could you send me a screenshot of the game when you start it manually from the command prompt ? Cd command then Type the line "java-jar..." (if you open the file naor.bat as text copy/past the content into your prompt).

I will think about an exe file for an upcoming release.

. Sh files are used in Unix env

Moon_Dew

May 11, 2017
Could you send me the file called general.log located at the root dir of the game if you have it ?
If you do no have it, could you send me a screenshot of the game when you start it manually from the command prompt ? Cd command then Type the line "java-jar..." (if you open the file naor.bat as text copy/past the content into your prompt).

I will think about an exe file for an upcoming release.

. Sh files are used in Unix env

Can't upload the file here, so here's what's on it:

2017/05/11 03:40:46 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.broker.MessageBroker - Recording listener DisclaimerAndSplashScreenLoader

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
Can't upload the file here, so here's what's on it:

2017/05/11 03:40:46 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.broker.MessageBroker - Recording listener DisclaimerAndSplashScreenLoader
That's strange, is that all ? Seems very short and nothing is wrong so far. Does it stuck or crash ?
I think you can upload a file here but there are some restricted formats. You have to rename it as something.txt

Moon_Dew

May 11, 2017
That's strange, is that all ? Seems very short and nothing is wrong so far. Does it stuck or crash ?
I think you can upload a file here but there are some restricted formats. You have to rename it as something.txt
It doesn't even get past the command console before it crashes. Here's the file, although it's nothing that I haven't already posted.

Attachments

• general.txt
    144 bytes · Views: 1

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
It doesn't even get past the command console before it crashes. Here's the file, although it's nothing that I haven't already posted.

If anyone ever experimented this issue, it would be wonderful to share your tips & tricks with us as I am unable to reproduce this error on my computer :negativeman:

soconfused

May 13, 2017
Hi! I'm enjoying the game so far! But I noticed that I can't fully persuade Clar at the Futinari Palace, even though I met her preferences! Is there something else that I'm suppose to do in order to get her approval? Also, for some reason the game automatically tagged the large bed with the expensive chair despite me throwing the bed away. I don't know how to get the game to tag the actual item I want to do an action with my client. Also another thing, how do you place items into the house inventory? I accidentally pressed okay in the middle of reading, and I've been trying to figure it out since.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
Hi! I'm enjoying the game so far! But I noticed that I can't fully persuade Clar at the Futinari Palace, even though I met her preferences! Is there something else that I'm suppose to do in order to get her approval? Also, for some reason the game automatically tagged the large bed with the expensive chair despite me throwing the bed away. I don't know how to get the game to tag the actual item I want to do an action with my client. Also another thing, how do you place items into the house inventory? I accidentally pressed okay in the middle of reading, and I've been trying to figure it out since.

Hi ! I am glad you appreciate it! You will need at least 55 in prostitution expertise to get through this encounter.
You can put items in any of your rooms (by double clicking on an empty spot or selecting an empty spot then choosing replace) but there are some restrictions with "tools" which are usable only in dedicated room (the love bed in the love room for instance). You may interact directly with those tools by selecting them once put in a room. Those tools might be used in scenes but you pick the action instead of picking the tool you want to use with your customer.
I guess I could display on the action the used tool so that it would be more explicit.
For the moment there is not a house inventory (but I was thinking about it) only room inventory so you won't find anything related to inventory from the home view.

soconfused

May 13, 2017
Hi ! I am glad you appreciate it! You will need at least 55 in prostitution expertise to get through this encounter.
You can put items in any of your rooms (by double clicking on an empty spot or selecting an empty spot then choosing replace) but there are some restrictions with "tools" which are usable only in dedicated room (the love bed in the love room for instance). You may interact directly with those tools by selecting them once put in a room. Those tools might be used in scenes but you pick the action instead of picking the tool you want to use with your customer.
I guess I could display on the action the used tool so that it would be more explicit.
For the moment there is not a house inventory (but I was thinking about it) only room inventory so you won't find anything related to inventory from the home view.

That's the thing, I do have high prostitution expertise! In fact, I'm past 55 in prostitution expertise, but she still refuses to approve me! Also, can you switch items when they show them in the scene with the client? Cause I know I can do that, but the game thinks I still have the large bed even though I destroyed it (not the love bed but the normal large bed).

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
That's the thing, I do have high prostitution expertise! In fact, I'm past 55 in prostitution expertise, but she still refuses to approve me! Also, can you switch items when they show them in the scene with the client? Cause I know I can do that, but the game thinks I still have the large bed even though I destroyed it (not the love bed but the normal large bed).

That's strange, could you send me your save file please? My email is in the readme file located at the root directory of the game. I will look into it. You definitively should not see the large bed if you destroyed it.
Switching items.. It depends. If the scene needs a tool, you can replace it in the dedicated room so that the scene will pick up another one (if several tools are compatible with the scene, then one of them will be randomly picked). If this is an accessory, it will be searched in your inventory then in the corresponding room.

EDIT:
Everything is good with the encounter, but you have to repeat the action until she accepts. So just pick any expertise action on turn 1 and 2 : )

Last edited:

soconfused

May 13, 2017
That's strange, could you send me your save file please? My email is in the readme file located at the root directory of the game. I will look into it. You definitively should not see the large bed if you destroyed it.
Switching items.. It depends. If the scene needs a tool, you can replace it in the dedicated room so that the scene will pick up another one (if several tools are compatible with the scene, then one of them will be randomly picked). If this is an accessory, it will be searched in your inventory then in the corresponding room.

EDIT:
Everything is good with the encounter, but you have to repeat the action until she accepts. So just pick any expertise action on turn 1 and 2 : )

Okay, how many times is that? I just did this 34 times and still no luck. But I'll keep trying!

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
I cannot get rid of the straight content for the life of me. Something of a buzzkill for me, to put it lightly.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
I cannot get rid of the straight content for the life of me. Something of a buzzkill for me, to put it lightly.
Sorry for the disappointment. I updated the first post to remove the false sentence.

I disabled it as the prostitute profession would have been impossible to play. I will see what I can do to do complete path for fetishes. I am afraid it won't be in a near future as I already planned other tasks and this one will be a huge one.
By the way, do you have any preference if not hetero? I was wondering about a lesbian path but I really don't know if a lot of players would enjoy that.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
I'm a gay man, so M/M only. Lesbian is good for some, but is the opposite of what I want to see.

powerofvoid

Aug 27, 2015
Bug:

Version: naor-0.3.6-PUBLIC

Platform: Linux (naohr.sh)

Summary: Loading a save file does not appear to change the current time (date not tested). Instead, the game uses whatever the time was before loading. (8am on a fresh reboot)

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Launch game
  2. Start new run
  3. Note time ("time A1")
  4. Save ("file A")
  5. perform an action that consumes time ("delta-T")
  6. Note time ("time B1");
  7. Save ("file B")
  8. Load file A
  9. note the time ("time A2")
  10. close game
  11. launch game again
  12. load file B
  13. Note the time ("time B2")
Expected:
  • A1 == A2
  • B1 == B2 == A1 + delta-T
Observed:
  • A1 == B2
  • A2 == B1 == A1 + delta-T
Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/lwyq0yk.png

Sapphire

Mar 31, 2016
New York
Sorry for the disappointment. I updated the first post to remove the false sentence.

I disabled it as the prostitute profession would have been impossible to play. I will see what I can do to do complete path for fetishes. I am afraid it won't be in a near future as I already planned other tasks and this one will be a huge one.
By the way, do you have any preference if not hetero? I was wondering about a lesbian path but I really don't know if a lot of players would enjoy that.

I'd be interested in a lesbian path, being a lesbian myself.

AngMyDee

Mar 4, 2017
naohr.wordpress.com
I'm a gay man, so M/M only. Lesbian is good for some, but is the opposite of what I want to see.

I'd be interested in a lesbian path, being a lesbian myself.

Thanks for your answers, I will try my best: )

Bug:

Version: naor-0.3.6-PUBLIC

Platform: Linux (naohr.sh)

Summary: Loading a save file does not appear to change the current time (date not tested). Instead, the game uses whatever the time was before loading. (8am on a fresh reboot)

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Launch game
  2. Start new run
  3. Note time ("time A1")
  4. Save ("file A")
  5. perform an action that consumes time ("delta-T")
  6. Note time ("time B1");
  7. Save ("file B")
  8. Load file A
  9. note the time ("time A2")
  10. close game
  11. launch game again
  12. load file B
  13. Note the time ("time B2")
Expected:
  • A1 == A2
  • B1 == B2 == A1 + delta-T
Observed:
  • A1 == B2
  • A2 == B1 == A1 + delta-T
Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/lwyq0yk.png

That's a very thorough bug report, thank you very much ! By any chance, are you a software tester? You definitively use similar methods!

Moon_Dew

May 11, 2017
HOW ARE YOU GUYS EVEN PLAYING THIS!?!? I'm still having trouble just getting the game to start! Here's what's on the general log:

2017/05/25 22:53:41 [main] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.App - Starting injections
2017/05/25 22:53:41 [main] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.App - Starting application
2017/05/25 22:53:41 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.App - Starting disclaimer & loading application
2017/05/25 22:53:41 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.broker.MessageBroker - Recording listener DisclaimerAndSplashScreenLoader

What does this mean and how do I fix this so I can actually play the damn game!?

powerofvoid

Aug 27, 2015
That's a very thorough bug report, thank you very much ! By any chance, are you a software tester? You definitively use similar methods!
Am I that obvious? :p
HOW ARE YOU GUYS EVEN PLAYING THIS!?!? I'm still having trouble just getting the game to start! Here's what's on the general log:

2017/05/25 22:53:41 [main] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.App - Starting injections
2017/05/25 22:53:41 [main] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.App - Starting application
2017/05/25 22:53:41 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.App - Starting disclaimer & loading application
2017/05/25 22:53:41 [JavaFX Application Thread] DEBUG com.ang.my.dee.broker.MessageBroker - Recording listener DisclaimerAndSplashScreenLoader

What does this mean and how do I fix this so I can actually play the damn game!?
How far does it get?

Possible examples:
  • Nothing happens when I run the program
  • A window appears, but then an error message shows up
  • A window appears, but then it vanishes, and then I get an error
  • The window appears, and I click "OK", but then this error pops up
  • The window appears, and I click "OK", but then it vanishes and I get this message
  • The window appears, I click "OK", it shows "loading", but then...
  • I get to the main menu, but then..
  • I get to the main menu and click "new game", but then...

Moon_Dew

May 11, 2017
Am I that obvious? :p

How far does it get?

Possible examples:
  • Nothing happens when I run the program
  • A window appears, but then an error message shows up
  • A window appears, but then it vanishes, and then I get an error
  • The window appears, and I click "OK", but then this error pops up
  • The window appears, and I click "OK", but then it vanishes and I get this message
  • The window appears, I click "OK", it shows "loading", but then...
  • I get to the main menu, but then..
  • I get to the main menu and click "new game", but then...

A console window appears, a lot a text quickly shows up on it, then the window closes. This is the same thing that happened the last time I tried to play it!