Myrellion War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas Crowley

Jan 27, 2016
Not a full suggestion, although depending on the answer it could certainly be taken as one; is anything further planned for conflict of Gold Myr vs Red Myr?

Myrellion feels like an excellent midgame planet and the sense of tension between its dominant races there certainly is compelling. 
Even if an outright dungeon, battle or otherwise couldn't be done- I feel like something should happen that forces Steele to either pick a side, or leave the war to its course.

As more feasibly attainable filler up to an outright war-event, Steele could just be made to pick a side in some kind of failed diplomacy event- perhaps involving the ceasefire's expiration- where they can make this choice. From there, they could be thrown some basic missions until larger content can be implemented...?

Some Suggestions:
- Allow the taking of your own trench wives! 
- (Before war) Getting captured or otherwise disarmed so you must use the same level of tech as the Myr.
- Deeper interaction with Myr leaders- the Federation officers and Gildenmire Queens, respectively.

I'd be pleased if others threw in idle suggestions pertaining to a Myrellion war, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I think you can blow it up.

I, uhh, kind of ignore the main story.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
My friend, you're assuredly thinking of Tarkus.

... Or- maybe you're not. Really?

Yup, you can get it nuked by hitting the Self Destruct in KaraQuest 2. You gotta be a Mischievous or Hard personality to get the option to do it though.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Not a full suggestion, although depending on the answer it could certainly be taken as one; is anything further planned for conflict of Gold Myr vs Red Myr?

Yep.

Fen and I are both going to be working on resolution paths for the planet in the near future, starting with a potential peace summit/treaty. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Savin A tricky question: Does in near future mean we would see it happening before next public build?

Anyway Even beofre end of year as long we got at least one solution path for Myr wars would be good *crosses fingers to not jinx this*

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
That why it was a atricky question. Well I WOULD be truly suprised and TRULY non beliver if you (@Savin) would actualy say...Yes :p

Silas Crowley

Jan 27, 2016
Is there going to be Red Myr vs Gold Myr conflict, though?
If the peace treatise is the only solution- then peace loses meaning. I really hope there's the freedom to pick a side...
I love Gold Myr, personally.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Seeing forward to a resolution that ends in the withrawal of the Scarlet Federation and grants the Gold the control of most of Myrellion. A peace treaty that harms Red like the Versailles treaty did to the German Empire...no, one that ensures that they won't be a menace for the planet's stability in any way.

Looking at the rate of things are going, the resolution of Myrellion conflict would be likely done in middle 2017.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
could also go with a three path resolution system, 2 paths choose a side that gains great power while the third path sees maybe the golds and reds coming together to form a greater whole, maybe tie into the orange myr transformation that Xenogen develops thanks to the PC suggesting and contributing to it's development.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I'm guessing that the options are going to end something like this

The worst:

-Red overthrown of the Gold government. Gold are forced to refugee themselves on another planet.

-Red remain in the power of most of the planet, and Gold republic is reduced to a rump state or a city-state, like Constantinople, to eventually be left alone and fall, or be absorbed.

-Red keep the most of the power on Myrellion, allowing the Golds to live as a puppet country or a vasal state (highly unlikely, given the Queens way of thought), or as  dependant state.

Average:

-Stalemate: The planet territories are split in half and the circumstances are left more or less equal than before the war, with nothing ensuring peace.

-Tenous peace: As above, only that a peace treaty is forced by either Xenogen, the UCG, both, or a third party, and is kept under vigilance until the party involved loses interest on Myrellion, and troubles start again.

-True peace: A hard worked peace, with agreement of both parts, much more likely to endure long.

Good:

-Gold recovering of their half of the planet, plus some additional territory as punishment, and the Nyrea kingdom as an ally, keeping together the Reds in line.

-Gold control of most of the planet, leaving the Scarlet Federation as a rump state.

-Gold total control of Myrellion. Reds moving to an enviroment more comfortable for their way of thought.

-Myrellion becoming a Kui-tan colony, with Gold support plus the aid of the Capitan Steele's Nyrea Kingdom, and so, peace is ensured for a long way.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You guys should have made honey the rarest substance in the galaxy. I mean, bees today are dying left and right, and it would have given Myrs some more value.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
You guys should have made honey the rarest substance in the galaxy. I mean, bees today are dying left and right, and it would have given Myrs some more value.

I'm pretty sure that PC would have solved the Great Honey Crisis way before they got to Myrellion. Both as one of the outsomes in the upcoming plantation quest and as a side-effect of creating the Zil based mods.

But the Spess Red Bull should have been all over Golds.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Silas Crowley There will be more than ne way to end this conflict jsut devs won't make them all at once. Same like... Tavira Palace probe. Some path we taking there makes it stay there while it was meantioned their also should affect probe as pulling it out of throne but... this scenes weren't yet written. So same here. First soultion path will be peace one then...others should follow after 'some' time.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'm guessing that the options are going to end something like this

It's funny you assume "Good things happen to the golds" is the "good" resolution.

Is there going to be Red Myr vs Gold Myr conflict, though?
If the peace treatise is the only solution- then peace loses meaning. I really hope there's the freedom to pick a side...

Peace will not be the only solution, but it will be the first implemented, likely followed by a Federation total victory, and then some sort of pro-Gold resolution like the kui-tan colony or their evacuation from Myrellion altogether. 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Peace will not be the only solution, but it will be the first implemented, likely followed by a Federation total victory, and then some sort of pro-Gold resolution like the kui-tan colony or their evacuation from Myrellion altogether.

Those doesn't seem to be more pro-Gold than a peace treaty, unless the kui-tan colony will ensure the restoration of the pre-war border, or Goldies will receive an incredible new world to colonize instead of becoming space refugees.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Those doesn't seem to be more pro-Gold than a peace treaty, unless the kui-tan colony will ensure the restoration of the pre-war border, or Goldies will receive an incredible new world to colonize instead of becoming space refugees.

It's more "pro" than the other options, which given the absolutely untenable situation the Golds are now in, is more than they could otherwise hope for.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015

You call that politics. It is not good in the way that you feel the right thing has been done, but it is possible and i find it kind of plausible, sice reds and golds obviously will not get along in the future.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
It's more "pro" than the other options, which given the absolutely untenable situation the Golds are now in, is more than they could otherwise hope for.

So the peace option won't actually give Golds back any territories and won't have UGC leaving a Peacekeeping contingent behind - or actively insuring the new status quo by other means?

If so, than letting all willing goldies to evacuate does sound like the best possible solution, even though it's still a pretty shitty thing to do to a nation.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Good:

-Gold recovering of their half of the planet, plus some additional territory as punishment, and the Nyrea kingdom as an ally, keeping together the Reds in line.

-Gold control of most of the planet, leaving the Scarlet Federation as a rump state.

-Gold total control of Myrellion. Reds moving to an enviroment more comfortable for their way of thought.

-Myrellion becoming a Kui-tan colony, with Gold support plus the aid of the Capitan Steele's Nyrea Kingdom, and so, peace is ensured for a long way.

So you are basically prefering the Reds to be suppressed through military force forever. That is something that works out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p23mA2VV0A

EDIT: Accidental double post. Sorry.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

So for solutions you winning since Reds are your favorites. Oh my that cold be some nice thing. Maybe we see it not so long after Peace solution.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Well, if the Pc sucesfully became king/queen of the Nyrea, the added pressure should be of great aid to ensure the Red retreat from Gold territories.

No.

I say blanket the whole world in orange myr gas. Let them fight each other when they're ALL orange myr :p

That would solve nothing.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I know, but it was hyperbolic, facetious and absurd :p . Soooo yeah I'd love to be able to laugh WITH someone about something someday . . . maybe . . . next lifetime then >.<

Well, I found it amusing and it gave me a chuckle or two.  :$  I just didn't post about it.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Personally, I just hope we're able to basically decide the fate by our powers of Mary Sue/Gary Stu. I've got no real love for either species, but I'd probably go with the Golds over the Reds (for obvious venomous reasons).

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Personally, I want to be waited on hand and foot by/with Taivra.

Status
Not open for further replies.