Myr Venom Perk and other questions (SPOILERS!!! Obviously)

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
So I've made it to the other Honey Bug planet and I've retrieved Steele's prob, so now it's time to do meddling Fallout style and experiment with TFs again but I am at a lost. So I'd like to ask some questions of the Fandom:
  • Is getting the Venom Perk worth it? What I mean by worth is that it either has a handful of unique content tied to it (whole scenes) or that it gets referenced a lot where appropriate.
  • Also Anyone knows other Perks that get referenced or unlocks more scenes, feel free to reference them.
  • Does allowing the Fascist ants to cipher matter or taking a side better yet does playing both sides lead to something tangible or leave an impact?
  • Also who do yall think is in the moral right or should win?
  • Went the Incest route with Smexy Kat-babe because my Steele is a cunning bastard, does anything come of it?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
So I've made it to the other Honey Bug planet and I've retrieved Steele's prob, so now it's time to do meddling Fallout style and experiment with TFs again but I am at a lost. So I'd like to ask some questions of the Fandom:
  • Is getting the Venom Perk worth it? What I mean by worth is that it either has a handful of unique content tied to it (whole scenes) or that it gets referenced a lot where appropriate.
Wouldn't know, I've never used it. I gather there's some characters that do, mostly from when it was newly added.
  • Also Anyone knows other Perks that get referenced or unlocks more scenes, feel free to reference them.
Flexibility is the important one, it unlocks the Autofellatio masturbation scene. That's about it.
  • Does allowing the Fascist ants to cipher matter or taking a side better yet does playing both sides lead to something tangible or leave an impact?
No. Plans for Steele to have a lasting impact on Myrellion are mercifully abandonware, outside of being able to nuke it in Kara's quest which people routinely do by accident even to this day.
Neither. Between the myr, the bothrioc, and two separate breeds of parasites, Myrellion is a world that the rest of the galaxy is going to wish they hadn't uplifted a few decades from now.
  • Went the Incest route with Smexy Kat-babe because my Steele is a cunning bastard, does anything come of it?
You can have a sex scene with Shade and Amara depending on the outcome of Kara's questline. There's also an annual Christmas event. Kara's questline stalls out, so there's no storyline followups.

Reactions: Jn_Sinnombre

Jn_Sinnombre

Dec 26, 2023
You unlock some scenes with Sylvie and Shekka but it ends mostly at there, there's also a new tease attack where you bite to give em some simulated myr venom experience™ which is fairly useful as a last resort if your body does not match the target's desires in any form.

It's not a negative so why not get it?

₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚. ⋆.ೃ࿔:Nope˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚. ⋆.ೃ࿔:・.

You gain like few credits but that's it, and like Couch said, it will likely never leave a true impact outside of the truly magnificent and unstoppable power of your headcanon, I just destroy it because it's not even like a lot of credits.
Bothrioc, no really.

Both sides fucking suck lmao, I'd rather take my chances with the "Addictive Aliens whose oil causes people to slowly become eternal buttsluts to them" thank you very much, at least Bothrioc are clearly dipshits who are aware of it, besides unlike the Myr it does seem they might be on the road to something, Charles is a clear example that MAYBE they can stop egging people and making em addicted to them, besides Lessau can get the Bothrioc genealogy and possibly work on a cure after the events of the game or smt and lifting them does decrease the chance of "mutal destruction by nuclear hellfire" by roughly 1% great sucess!
Yeah, you can later tell Shade about it and discuss how the relationship will go, some of the dialogue will chance to match, or you could go wholesome and have a normal sibling relationship rather than a "very holesome" one but we all know damn well that it's not going to happen lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kesil and Couch

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
Flexibility is the important one, it unlocks the Autofellatio masturbation scene. That's about it.
Not my style, so that's a shame.

No. Plans for Steele to have a lasting impact on Myrellion are mercifully abandonware, outside of being able to nuke it in Kara's quest which people routinely do by accident even to this day.
WHY?! Every mission is practically leading up to that style of decision-making. Trust me when I Nuke it, it won't be by accident and I hope it isn't framed as such by the writing.

Yeah, you can later tell Shade about it and discuss how the relationship will go, some of the dialogue will chance to match, or you could go wholesome and have a normal sibling relationship rather than a "very holesome" one but we all know damn well that it's not going to happen lol.
tumblr_inline_oow6mkhqL11s50qig_500.gif
You unlock some scenes with Sylvie and Shekka but it ends mostly at there, there's also a new tease attack where you bite to give em some simulated myr venom experience™ which is fairly useful as a last resort if your body does not match the target's desires in any form.

It's not a negative so why not get it?
It's annoying to get but I do like the Shekka so...worth it?

Reactions: Jn_Sinnombre

orange64

Jan 16, 2022
yeah.... I was one of them!
BUT I did learn form it! XD

Jan 28, 2022
Bothrioc, no really.

Both sides fucking suck lmao, I'd rather take my chances with the "Addictive Aliens whose oil causes people to slowly become eternal buttsluts to them" thank you very much, at least Bothrioc are clearly dipshits who are aware of it, besides unlike the Myr it does seem they might be on the road to something, Charles is a clear example that MAYBE they can stop egging people and making em addicted to them, besides Lessau can get the Bothrioc genealogy and possibly work on a cure after the events of the game or smt and lifting them does decrease the chance of "mutal destruction by nuclear hellfire" by roughly 1% great sucess!

I mean, I help the BDSM TPE spiders, too, but I feel Taivra has the best shot. Both the Red and Gold Myr are too wrapped up in their own hatreds and fears to be much good at avoiding being imposed on by some megacorp. While its still the right thnig to do, Juro is entirely correct that the Orange pill will do little, if anything, to actually solve the problem. The Bothrioc are somehow even more splintered than them. Helping them is, once again, ethical, but even with the counteragent, they have slimmer odds of forming a united front than the Myr do.

Taivra, OTOH, has already demonstrated the ability to forge a relatively peaceful and prosperous community. Probably not by the most enlightened of means, but considering literally any other faction on the planet we see, she's able to hold her own in the middle of a literal warzone, and her subjects seem happy enough without being drugged into that state of mind.

The Bothrioc, with the seemingly solitary exception of Ara Kei, think with their non-existent dicks, to the exception of almost anything else. They went from ruling over (at least some of) the myr so far back that tales of it are now mythology, to being less of a threat to the myr than they are to each other, without even realizing it. Most of them want to continue to act as they have for seemingly millenia, not only after their cohabitors have evolved beyond worrying about them, but even after being introduced to the wider galaxy. That is not conducive to long-term stability, absent something like the pheremonal counteragent, though even then, that seemingly only neutralizes the quadommes' "fight this other quadomme" instinct. It does nothing to encourage cooperation on its own.

Jan 28, 2022
in other words. all sides are BONED! ;w;

Not necessarily. Between helping the Bothrioc, allying with Taivra, and relocating Estallia and her daughters, its plausible Steele could play a big role in shaping a permanent peace. Especially if the hybrid project solves the Myr fertility issues. And that's not even getting into any potential Steele Tech interests on Myrellion itself.

orange64

Jan 16, 2022
Not necessarily. Between helping the Bothrioc, allying with Taivra, and relocating Estallia and her daughters, its plausible Steele could play a big role in shaping a permanent peace. Especially if the hybrid project solves the Myr fertility issues. And that's not even getting into any potential Steele Tech interests on Myrellion itself.
Go on! :O

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
I didn't read every answer so perhaps this has been answered.

Myr venom gives you a tease attack. It's honestly not as good as other tease attacks. I've seen one scene with Chaurmine(sp?) that is impacted by having Myr venom. I like having it for some reason but I don't actually end up using it very often.

I'm kind of curious about aphrodisiac sweat from the kerokoras venom. I see it in my character description but have not actually detected any other impact (perhaps I read too fast, skim too much).

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
The kerokora venom just gives your skin the "lubricated" and "aphrodisiac" flags, which aren't really kerokora-specific (though I can't think of another way to get them at the top of my head).
It's not the type of thing that unlocks new scenes - or even notably alter existing ones - and would instead just show up as an optional line of text buried in regular scenes.

Player-side aphrodisiac effects are apparently just too niche. Myr venom is the only one that gets any amount of screen time.

Wafflesnake

Nov 4, 2023
Player-side aphrodisiac effects are apparently just too niche. Myr venom is the only one that gets any amount of screen time.
it's not necessarily that they're too niche so much as it adds a level of complexity and raises the requirement for amount of content.

for instance, even just npc pregnancies add complexity. the pregnancy needs to be tracked, descriptions need to be updated. existing scenes either need to have variations or, in some cases, are disabled/replaced for logistics. does the character then get special sex scenes while pregnant? birthing scenes? will they have unique children steele can name and interact with? will the npc now have regular appearances at the nursery? what text needs to have variations because children with steele exist?

all of that is why most pregnancies are just generic with no child interactions and limited acknowledgement from the npc.

now consider player controlled aphrodisiacs, in order for it to actually feel relevant and "worth" having, how much needs to be changed, added and accounted for? theoretically having aphrodisiac sweat/skin means any physical contact imbibes the npc with it, how is that supposed to be tracked? what about addiction and/or building up a tolerance?

and then of course it can't be too prominent, because tying significant combat advantages to tf's is the opposite of the game's design philosophy.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
it's not necessarily that they're too niche so much as it adds a level of complexity and raises the requirement for amount of content.
Addictions are complicated.
Aphrodisiacs could just be handled either as changes to scenes or individual scenes, where Steele's body fluid of choice makes the target very, very horny. It's not about tracked or permanent changes, it's literally just "this body fluid makes people horny".

And, in fact, that's exactly how myr venom is usually handled:
I think the only time actual "NPC is addicted to us" comes up is Shekka, but there are plenty of scenes that are just slightly changed (and I think some are even unlocked) by myr venom, without making any tracked changes to the NPC. Because, yeah, tracking addiction is a pain.

Checking if the player's skin (or cock) has the aphrodisiac flag wouldn't be any harder than checking for the Myr Venom perk, but I haven't seen it done anywhere, and I think it only shows up in auto-generated descriptions here and there.

Reactions: Arai