Lost tails?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
In short, can kitsune lose their tails via injury or otherwise and if so what would happen to them if that were to occur?

TheShepard256

Since they're a body part, I assume they can be lost to injury. Since they're also a measure of how much an individual is in Keros's favour (or something like that), I also assume lost tails can be regenerated relatively easily in order to maintain that measure, and that tails can be lost naturally if that individual loses favour with Keros somehow.

Reactions: Preacher

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The rules for tails is that you start with a minimum of 2, and gain them as you level up, you will always have 1 less than your current level, unless that number is less than 2. You cannot lose them as they are only apparent in the body part reference list, it'd be the same as asking if you can lose your arm, they're not real world entities.
I know their mechanics, I was just asking in a sense of if kitsune were like unicorns in that if the tails were cut off would they lose their power or something like that. I know that'd probably never happen in this game even with a hypothetical kitsune NPC that was enslaved or something and that happened during their time enslaved, BUT, if they're physical body parts that tie in to their power/favor and were forcefully removed one way or another then my curiosity ties in to the magical, physical, and metaphysical consequences of said act.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Not-Shinto fuckery happened to someone.

hanan.png

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
That pic is of Hana. She's my contribution to the floof master race. Like Tobs' said, you might say she made a deal with a devil for a dong :^)

Reactions: Malidica

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
At this rate I'm never going to know what the consequences are for a kitsune who lost their tails via injury or other. I'll just go with shep's post for now, even if it's speculative.

Last edited: