lost all my game data?

dpp

May 26, 2023
i play the game in browser on my iphone (yeah ik its not the best way to do it if i want to keep my save data but i dont have a laptop or an android anymore right now.) and i took a break from playing for a while when there was a lot of bugs. today i went to play it hoping it would be functional again, but all of my save files are gone. i had something like 234 days in game and its gonna take me forever to get back to that point- is there any way to get my save data back or is it just gone forever?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I don't know if your Saves are recoverable. Does Save to File not function on iPhones?

If you start over, you can use the Cheat Menu to speed things up. If you can Save to File, you can probably use the Save Editor (keep backups, use at your own risk).

This might not be the best time. There's a crashing bug on Zheng Shi. It will be fixed in the next version, but it's something to be aware of right now.
Edit: Hotfix tomorrow, according to lowercase_donkey in a different thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: dpp

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Unfortunately this is something modern browsers just "do" and there's no way to stop it from happening. The safest way to protect your saves is to save them to file at the end of a session.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, browsers can just decide to off your data for a given domain at any time without warning. There are hints we can put in the code to make the browser understand certain data is "more important" and to try and keep it around longer, but there's absolutely no garauntee that it will do so if you don't regularly visit the domain the data is stored on behalf of on a regular basis. We used to have exactly the same problem with Flash as well.