Load Saves from Computer to Android?

AriaPhoebe

Sep 3, 2015
Hey all! I have what I hope is an easy/quick question and someone can just point me in the right direction.

I've been playing TiTS on my computer and I love it, and I like having it portable on my phone too. Question is, if I want to copy a save from my computer to my phone how do I do it?

I don't have a rooted phone. It's Android, and I'm running 7.1.2. If there's a specific place I need to save the file to on my phone in order to pull it up in the app, I'd love to know!

I'm just kinda stumped about it and hoping you all can help!

Thanks a bunch!

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Save File (the one below regular save) will make a .tits file, usually to where your browser downloads files. Name it something easy to find just in case. Then hook your phone to your computer, drag the file over somewhere you can access and remember, load up .apk, Load File, and you should be good to go.

Mooing_Mermaid

Mar 17, 2017
Or email it to yourself. Maybe. I'll let you know if it works for me.

AriaPhoebe

Sep 3, 2015
So... I transferred the file to my phone but when I went to open the file in game... the load dialogue wouldn't work? It just hangs on the screen after I hit "Load File"? Is there something that's supposed to pop up that let's me search for the file?

Sorry if it's a really stupid question, and I've included a screenshot of the screen where I just sits until I hit the back button.

Screenshot_20170502-205146.png

Mooing_Mermaid

Mar 17, 2017
Did you save it in the right location?
This link may help. Its helped me once or twice. (If its the thread I think it is >.>)

RS84

May 3, 2017
The filesave folder on Android is always "/data/com.taintedspace.www" You won't have the folder if you haven't saved a file there already. You could create it with a file editor...but you could always just save a dummy file in Android!TiTS and move the files you want to the resulting folder.

Me, I've gotten a bit overcomplicated. I created a dropbox folder and save them there on the PC, and copy them from there onto the folder on the device.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

AriaPhoebe

Sep 3, 2015
Did you save it in the right location?
This link may help. Its helped me once or twice. (If its the thread I think it is >.>)

Thank you! The save file location listed wasn't quite right, but it gave me a folder name to search for and i found it. It's under "Whatever your device is called" > data > com.taintedspace.www instead of in the Android data folder listed, but I appreciate the help! Now I can keep going with a Steele I've been playing and maybe go a different direction.

Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
My apologies, I've not played with the .apk so I assumed you'd be allowed to browse to the folder you placed it in. Seems that's not the case, huh?

RS84

May 3, 2017
My apologies, I've not played with the .apk so I assumed you'd be allowed to browse to the folder you placed it in. Seems that's not the case, huh?
Yeah, android will only check that one folder. Compounding this is most android devices don't come with a built in file manager, requiring you to install one.

Mooing_Mermaid

Mar 17, 2017
Glad I could help!!! I play on my android LG tablet so I feel your pain

Cass

May 12, 2017
Hey guys!

I'm having an issue editing and transferring a save file.

I have a save on Android I want to edit. The steps I follow are:
  1. From Android TiTS I save to file so there's a .tits file under data, com.taintedspace.www
  2. I can access that .tits file and get it to my computer.
  3. I can open the .tits file on my desktop version of TiTS
  4. I save that file as .sol
  5. I open the .sol in an editor and make edits to the save file
  6. Once the edits are exported, the .sol will properly open on my desktop version of TiTS
  7. I save that file as .tits
  8. I copy the .tits file and transfer it back to data/com.taintedspace.www
  9. I open Android TiTS and attempt to open the .tits file
Screenshot_20170512-174342.png

This is where I get issues. I'm greeted with a never ending loading screen.

Screenshot_20170512-174355.png

Any ideas?