Leveling Up Problem[?]

Skelk

Mar 11, 2022
Ok, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I go to level up to level 7 it shows I did level up, but it doesn't give me the option to select where to put in my points nor can I pick out my specials.

I also tried to just go back a day or so before I leveled up but the same thing happened. I'm not exactly sure what's going tho.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221025_163625.jpg
    Screenshot_20221025_163625.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 18

Skelk

Mar 11, 2022
Have you used save editor?
Sorry I haven't seen this since irl stuff, but not all too sure what that is so I can only say no. And it's happening again now when I am trying to level up after beating some varmint again on a different character that I made. Screenshot_20221120-001505_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg

Equivocate

Apr 24, 2022
Ok, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I go to level up to level 7 it shows I did level up, but it doesn't give me the option to select where to put in my points nor can I pick out my specials.

I also tried to just go back a day or so before I leveled up but the same thing happened. I'm not exactly sure what's going tho.
Sorry I haven't seen this since irl stuff, but not all too sure what that is so I can only say no. And it's happening again now when I am trying to level up after beating some varmint again on a different character that I made. View attachment 27875
Not entirely sure about the question, but it seems like you've used all the Available Stat Points from your player character's level ups. Your player character gets 13 Available Stat Points per level up, with having a maximum (cumulative, in total) of 117 Available Stat Points upon reaching level 10.
Due to your player character starting at level 1 (and the current level cap being 10), however, there are only 9 level ups, hence the 117 being from 9 (level ups) * 13 Available Stat Points (per level).

If you look at the second screenshot your player character is level 6 (6 - 1 = 5 in terms of level ups), right? So you'd only have gotten 65 (5 * 13) Available Stat Points to use when levelling up - which is why you don't have any more - you seem to have already used your player character's Available Stat Points from levelling up to increase the Stats.
So, you'd have used 13 Available Stat Points from your player character reaching level 2, then the next 13 from level 3, so on and so forth all the way to level 6, maxing out at using the 65 available.

As for not being able to select more Special Abilities - if you once again look at your second screenshot, it seems like you've already selected the "Heavy Weapons" one, so you would not be able to also have the "Low Tech Solutions" one - you can only pick one between the two Special Ability options for the level (so, only 1 Special Ability per level, from level 2 to level 10, currently).

If you want to increase your Stats outside of using the Available Stat Points from levelling up, have a look at this Wiki page.

Last edited:

Skelk

Mar 11, 2022
Not entirely sure about the question, but it seems like you've used all the Available Stat Points from your player character's level ups. Your player character gets 13 Available Stat Points per level up, with having a maximum (cumulative, in total) of 117 Available Stat Points upon reaching level 10.
Due to your player character starting at level 1 (and the current level cap being 10), however, there are only 9 level ups, hence the 117 being from 9 (level ups) * 13 Available Stat Points (per level).

If you look at the second screenshot your player character is level 6 (6 - 1 = 5 in terms of level ups), right? So you'd only have gotten 65 (5 * 13) Available Stat Points to use when levelling up - which is why you don't have any more - you seem to have already used your player character's Available Stat Points from levelling up to increase the Stats.
So, you'd have used 13 Available Stat Points from your player character reaching level 2, then the next 13 from level 3, so on and so forth all the way to level 6, maxing out at using the 65 available.

As for not being able to select more Special Abilities - if you once again look at your second screenshot, it seems like you've already selected the "Heavy Weapons" one, so you would not be able to also have the "Low Tech Solutions" one - you can only pick one between the two Special Ability options for the level (so, only 1 Special Ability per level, from level 2 to level 10, currently).

If you want to increase your Stats outside of using the Available Stat Points from levelling up, have a look at this Wiki page.
Oh, about the special abilities being highlighted, I didn't actually select it I did it to show that I couldn't actually get my perk and click accepted if that makes sense.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
If you're still having this problem, post your save and maybe we can see what's going on.

Skelk

Mar 11, 2022
Yeah I'm still having this problem. I was thinking it was because it keeps happening after I come back from New Texas since that's what was common from all of them. The image I am posting is of my recent test.

I'm gonna go ahead and try one where I don't go to new Texas.Screenshot_20221121-171432_Trials in Tainted Space.jpg

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
How do I post my save? Ik weird question
Use Save to File. Depending on the browser you're using, it might go directly to Downloads or you might get a choice. Nobody knows where the save slots are.

Edit: This just happened to someone who reported it in the bugs Forum. Somehow they'd ended up with negative Stat and Class Perk points.
Open the Console with F12 and type
pc.unspentStatPoints = 0
pc.unclaimedClassPerks = 0

Then level up. If you've already leveled, = 13 and = 1, respectively.
If you can track down the cause, that would be extremely useful.

Last edited: