Least Favourite TiTS Character.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I completely forgot about how awful the Myr in general are. Sure the Nyrea and the fungus are weird but at least the it feels like that siding with the Nyrea would be most beneficial to me and Steele tech as a whole. Plus Taivira is the only leader I like on that goddamn planet.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I am tempering some of my dislike on Myr assuming it's just because we've been here for a year.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
I think that's the big thing about Emmy: she makes you do much more work to get at her content than just about anyone else.  Some of it is weird and overly complex dialog where you have to avoid talking to her in certain ways with no clear signs of what you're doing wrong, some of it is things like the gem hunt that's just maddening if you don't already have a gem.

Pretty sure she's wired up so that so long as you ask for sex, she'll hit you back with an email the next day and get the ball rolling, though you can luck into not having to do the flower quest.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Pretty sure she's wired up so that so long as you ask for sex, she'll hit you back with an email the next day and get the ball rolling, though you can luck into not having to do the flower quest.

I cannot consistently find a path that lets you skip the flower quest.  When I do, it isn't clear to me what I did differently that was "correct".

ham

Sep 2, 2015
One of the things I like about TiTS is that it isn't just pure erotica. This thread is about characters who players don't like, but I don't think this actually detracts from the gameplay at all. If every NPC was completely flawless they would definitely be more boring, and having some evocative characteristics does improve playability.

I guess there is a fine line between "I dislike this character because they are an arsehole" and "I dislike this character because their dialogue is not enjoyable to read".

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I am tempering some of my dislike on Myr assuming it's just because we've been here for a year.

That makes sense. Honestly the sooner the fucking planet gets finished up, or at the very least the sooner we get to the next planet, the better.  Myrellion is just a little too dense with hard to like jerkoffs of npcs with an air of WW2 overhead that makes it hard to stick around for the content that is enjoyable.

Pichi

Mar 28, 2016
Nobody mentions these two because there's nothing particularly offensive about them, they pander to a different crowd other than standard vanilla sex. They really aren't worth mentioning and easily avoided if one doesn't like their fetish and their backstories aren't offensively awful. You, quite, simply, don't like the type of characters they're supposed to be.

And removing parts of their anatomy because you don't like them seems like an overreaction :/

And revenges? Neither characters tricked you into anything and told you straight up what was going to happen.

I know they're meant for people who like being submissive, and I do too. My problem with them is how they seem to disrespect Steele from the moment they meet. And like I said, I do avoid Zephyr but the way she treated Steele when they met and had sex was really rude. I can't avoid Sera because she's the only one that sells the demon TF.

Again, it's more of them being pricks than them being "too domme" for me. And about wanting to remove Sera's dick, it's more of putting her in her place and learn not to be a total ass to someone else. That option wouldn't have been added to the x-pack if no one else feels the way I do about her attitude.

Been a long time since I checked Sera's sub xpack,  but I'm pretty sure you can remove her dick if you so choose. Turn her pink, too, IIRC.

Not sure if I imagined it, but I believe you can't remove her dick when you don't have one yourself (my Steele is a girl). I'm fine with it though, turning her pink makes me feel a little better about it  :allears:

Can you please clarify why, out of all the characters with dom-content, Xanthe was the one that creeped you out? IMO, her content is the most refined/proper/kind and the least rude option out of all of possible dommes.

Not sure why, it's just the whole "you're mine and only mine" thing she does is creepy for me. I don't hate her, I'm just bitter about not getting to do the do with her without having to read that bit. She is the nicest domme but maybe I'm just iffy about someone claiming to "own" my Steele even outside sex. Not my cup of tea.

Also, I just remembered my dislike for Lieve, and any other red myr who collect trench wives. That's just disgusting, taking women in as slaves and making them "love" it. Especially how they only take the prettier soldiers and just kill the ones they don't find attractive enough.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I cannot consistently find a path that lets you skip the flower quest.  When I do, it isn't clear to me what I did differently that was "correct".

Buy a weapon from her, ask her about herself, then say she's the prettiest thing in the store. Bam, that's the correct path, though its very easy to fuck up if you go with the guns topic and pick the "you" reply there. That one does lead to the flowers quest.

K367

Oct 4, 2015
I'm actually going to go with the obvious answer here, the rival.

Everyone else is either insignificant or at least mildly entertaining in some way or another, but the rival is just annoying,

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm actually going to go with the obvious answer here, the rival.

Everyone else is either insignificant or at least mildly enjoyable in some way or another, but the rival is just annoying,

I wouldn't call the rival annoying. That would require frequency and they only show up like 4 times in the game. They're a character full of potential that the game as a whole hasn't nearly caught up with yet, so my current feelings towards them have settled in a sort of mild fondness and hope for incestous reconcilation.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Not sure if I imagined it, but I believe you can't remove her dick when you don't have one yourself (my Steele is a girl). I'm fine with it though, turning her pink makes me feel a little better about it  :allears:

Oh, well that's true enough. It was a decision born purely out of logistics that; you should be able to remove her dick if you don't have one yourself, but I couldn't face up to doing pure lesbian scenes for that XPac on top of everything else, I really couldn't.

Could you explain what you're ideally looking for a dom? You've mentioned three so far that you dislike, and they're all fairly different (aside from being futa).

Pichi

Mar 28, 2016
Could you explain what you're ideally looking for a dom? You've mentioned three so far that you dislike, and they're all fairly different (aside from being futa).

I'm honestly not that picky, just someone who respects Steele, and that no matter how much they belittle you during sex you know they still really care about you (I can take the most hardcore abuse when I know it's just an act). Also someone who doesn't claim they "own" you when you're not fucking. What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I'm honestly not that picky, just someone who respects Steele, and that no matter how much they belittle you during sex you know they still really care about you (I can take the most hardcore abuse when I know it's just an act). Also someone who doesn't claim they "own" you when you're not fucking. What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom.

That's reasonable, you pretty much described the very definition of a healthy sub/dom relationship. You've got to realize though that fictive smut is not always going to follow the rules, authors write what they want after all. You want a dom that respects Steele that badly? I reccommend initiating a one-on-one roleplay with a trusted partner who shares your passion for that particular fetish.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
As someone who likes to indulge on dom contents every now and then, the ability of taking my Steele where I please after triggering scenes helps me with that "what happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom" feel. That said, I tend to prefer gentle doms because who's to say that Steele can't be brutally pounded whilst being cuddled?

K367

Oct 4, 2015
I wouldn't call the rival annoying. That would require frequency and they only show up like 4 times in the game. They're a character full of potential that the game as a whole hasn't nearly caught up with yet, so my current feelings towards them have settled in a sort of mild fondness and hope for incestous reconcilation.

3 encounters on 3 planets and one email is actually rather frequent compared to most NPCs. Ok, maybe they aren't that annoying, but the character is just so arrogant and pitiful at the same time, like I just wanna lock them in a public stockade and start passing out pies and tomatoes to throw at them and repeat until they used to it. 

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
As someone who likes to indulge on dom contents every now and then, the ability of taking my Steele where I please after triggering scenes helps me with that "what happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom" feel. That said, I tend to prefer gentle doms because who's to say that Steele can't be brutally pounded whilst being cuddled?

Syri exists :)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah it's fictive for a reason; mostly because there are so many kinds of subs (among readers, at least).

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

Such a rare thing to find, however that's like one of the best doms you can find.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com

Dont recall, specifically, but you have to go to talk to her and find the topic that lets you say she's the prettiest thing in the store without asking her for sex before that.

RitaXMordio

Apr 2, 2016
I'm gonna have to agree with the Dr. Badger hate. I'm down for anything involving expansion/ bimbofication, but the whole "I don't normally make people furries, but YOU get turned into a badger" thing ain't cool.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm gonna have to agree with the Dr. Badger hate. I'm down for anything involving expansion/ bimbofication, but the whole "I don't normally make people furries, but YOU get turned into a badger" thing ain't cool.

it's interesting how one commonely hated character can be hated for different reasons.

OnePostMan

Apr 2, 2016
Going to try to write this without considering distaste in sexuality

Embry there is a ton of wasted potential there. I don't think creating a race or planet for the character was or is a bad thing at all, the idea of the Simii offers distinct possibilities as a whole and honestly if the character had a bit more focus on that aspect rather than an excuse for the characters completely tame personality. I mean Embry comes from a race that is against transformation both culturally and biologically, the culture shock of moving from moving from their home planet to a place like Tavros would have given so many options for interaction with other characters giving the two popular mod shops. Instead the character arc focuses solely on wanting to change genders which is so normal in this universe that the story is almost offensively boring and Embry has no other real traits outside of that.

Ogram this character at least at the moment exist for no reason other than to take your guns act as a barrier to the relatively little content new texas has, and could easily be replaced by an automated message that says some guard took your items and is going to give them back when you leave, it would be fine if his obligatory sex scenes where in an area on the planet somewhere but you HAVE to go through him.

Holiday because this character is from a one off event there is absolutely no way to get revenge for any of the things that can happen in her scenes, I mean if she actually just gave you a costume it'd be fine but a large transformation and you don't even get the chance to called her an asshole.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnePostMan

Apr 2, 2016
I hate characters who just expect you to be submissive and treat you like some living fucktoy, or just don't really show Steele respect.

• Zephyr - I fucking hate and avoid her so much, I only remembered her after people mentioned New Texas. Surprised no one else mentioned her.
  • Sera - I'd avoid her if she didn't sell most of the TFs I like using. Glad that we can take revenge in an upcoming x-pack (rather sad that my Steele can't remove her dick though, but that's fine).

I think this is you just being more into domme since you've basically said you want to reverse the roles. Damn man gotta have a few scenes without Steele in control.

Liriel is just ugh. She basically politely asked to rape you.

You can't ask to rape someone that's not how rape works. She stops after you say no, to each their own but a character asking for sex isn't exactly an oddity.