Least Favourite TiTS Character.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Well I imagine that there are folks that do like her too (I know I certainly do) but they just aren't saying anything cause this thread isn't intended for gushing about characters you do like. Trying to defend characters/ talk up their good points might be considered thread derailment.

Embry isn't perfect but some of her perceived flaws are considered features by others. She's currently the most "waifuish" waifu in the game. What I find amusing is that the most generally disliked character in the game it seems (Doc Badger), was forgotten by so many of us that she's received such relatively little attention in this thread. Or at least she did until we were reminded about her. It might be worth while to run a poll perhaps, although it's probably not a good idea to feed the negativity of this thread too much. It's nice to vent a bit about characters we dislike but we should also try to keep in mind that these are characters that authors have poured time and genuine effort into and even if they don't line up with our personal tastes there are others who do get a kick out of them. So to Penny, Kirro, and Emmy well they aren't my cup of tea but if they help keep up Fen's boner for working on the game then they serve a good function at least. As for Doc Badger I just wish there was an option to kick her ass in a fight. Dr. Lash is an interesting challenge fight but Dr.Badger would be much more satisfying to beat. 

Altair Hayes

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Dr. Badger. I always just stock up on gush from her and then report her. Just a really toxic character, so damn annoying. Plus it's free credits.

Kiro, Emmy, Kelly, Penny, Embry being in a bubble, Burt's backstory is depressingly sad, not a bad character, but it ruined the sexy bits for me. Del because the forced sissification is kinda scummy. That's about it.

Reactions: ChocoTea

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Almost glad Jim isn't around anymore so he doesn't have to see his sugarplum waifu TORN DOWN. I had no idea Embry was this unpopular.

It's not that I hate Embry, just that she's reflective of a character archetype we'd gotten way too much of in CoC.  If not for that, I suspect my opinion would be much more neutral.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
B-But I love Embry and Emmy.

ShadowLurker

Mar 9, 2016
Lane, something about her rubs me wrong.

Sera, I think she's a mostly hot character, but the whole Dom just turns me off.

Xanthe, See Sera.

Kelly, Kiro - the dickgirl aspect is just too in your face, over the top for me.  I actually like Penny, but then again, I discourage her futa fantasies.

Beth Carver - Because of Del, and maybe Reaha.

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
I personally dislike Cameron. 

I do appreciate femboys, but he's just way too feminine for me, but that's just The Treatment. He seems to have the Embry issue of a problem made specifically for Steele. I get the Treatment weakened him, but he has a slug gun and is surrounded by Ubermacho Cow-men. How hard could it really be to get one or a few of 'em to do it? He'd probably just have to pay them with sex like he does with the PC. Hell, he could probably just tell them it'd be a show of muscle for the ladies.

I find some of the Gold Queens pretty similar, but they also can rub you the wrong way immediately with their personalities. Irellia's pretty okay after you do her quest.

Reactions: ChocoTea

BlueMogu

Sep 12, 2015
To touch on Dr. Badger, my only complaint with her is that she seems woefully underdeveloped. It always seemed strange to me that she lacks any sex menu options by default, despite her lascivious personality; and not being able to fight off Badger after telling her you're a hero is dumb.

Otherwise, she still seems like a decent character in my eyes. She is certainly entertaining, and works well enough as an illegal drug dealer.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
She'd be a hell of a lot more tolerable if she was fightable. She could even get away with being a super boss tougher than Lash and Amara just as long as we were at least given the opportunity to at least try to defend ourselves/ engage her in combat. Cause yeah kicking her ass with a level grinded minmaxed character and beating her would be satisfying as fuck.

Sicaa

Jan 27, 2016
Man, I would hate to be an author stumbling into this thread '^^ . It's inevitable that given enough time, the sum of all characters at least one person doesn't like is gonna be ... all the characters. However unfortunate, I get that the nature of the thread is mentioning exactly that, but I wish there was room for praise as well :p I'll just say that while it's on different levels, I've enjoyed pretty much all the content in the game, so thanks authors!

BlueRaven

Dec 21, 2015
Wait. Gigantic ball-sacks that swell to the point of being used as lounge-chairs or a treatment that turns people into hyper gendered bimbo sex cows isn't absurd or contrived for player enjoyment, but a species that is naturally resistant to drugs is?

This makes none of the sense.

To me, everyone and their dog (literally) being related to the Dorna sisters that you coincidentally run across seems far more contrived.

My least favourite characters are Doctor Badger, Aurora for the reasons everyone else mentioned and Anno, for the whole awkward boner-killing dad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
Wait. Gigantic ball-sacks that swell to the point of being used as lounge-chairs or a treatment that turns people into hyper gendered bimbo sex cows isn't absurd or contrived for player enjoyment, but a species that is naturally resistant to drugs is?

This makes none of the sense.

The entire species was made resistant to drugs for one character. A character that can only be helped by Steele and will never progress otherwise.

The ball-sacks and Treatment are things in the world that don't require player input to exist. 

Frankly, I sort of dislike Celise. The emails you get are cute, but she currently serves little use beyond sex and the Lane questline. Newer NPCs have more interactions than her, so she feels forgotten. 

Of course, it's not hard to dislike a character that has very little use/character development.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015

I'm not terribly fond of either of those things either.  Kiro made my list, and while I'm disinclined towards the Treatment, it's more that it ate nine months of dev time for content that I just never interact with in any way beyond maybe getting a jacket.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
It's not like other characters progress without Steele's intervention. Hell some even die without it. Also I'm still not seeing why people are having such an issue with a species being resilient to TFs. I mean TFs in general seem to be rather unreliable unless you shell out big time and there's also the random nature of said TFs. Plus it's a natural consequence of her species' stated impressive immune systems, which has logical other downsides in their ability to enjoy booze and such.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016

I wouldn't call ballsack beanbags contrived. Both the technology to achieve them and the idea that certain races may have extreme endowments already existed in the TiTS universe. A reasonable argument could be made that the treatment is contrived, I agree. It's clearly in defiance of core world laws and exists only for the sake of a single planet. Personally, though, I think it has more pressing issues regarding its place in TiTS.

You are entirely correct about Savin's characters all knowing each other being contrived. I think one would have a difficult time arguing otherwise.

In the end, though, this is a thread about least favorite characters. Huge ballsacks and the treatment aren't really characters, and the Dornosphere is more of a complaint about how certain characters are connected rather than the characters themselves, in my opinion. If you take away all of their unlikely connections, the characters don't change much. If you take away Embry's resistance to TFs, then you've taken out an important part of that character and her arc, as presented in the game.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
 If you take away Embry's resistance to TFs, then you've taken out an important part of that character and her arc, as presented in the game.

Actually, no. There already are lots of characters who had financial problems after spending too much money for TF. And her... How much, 15000 creds totally? Is not much. It is one Pussyblossom pill or two Pussybloom.So TF resistance is not only totally out of place, but also makes no sense, when her "special, expensive" TF is cheaper than stock market pieces.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
When it comes to discuss the nature of Embry, I think that the words of Jim himself would shed more light on the matter. Coupled with what Fen said, it makes for a good case on why mixing fantasy smut with real life might not be a good idea.

Last edited:

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
Actually, no. There already are lots of characters who had financial problems after spending too much money for TF. And her... How much, 15000 creds totally? Is not much. It is one Pussyblossom pill or two Pussybloom.So TF resistance is not only totally out of place, but also makes no sense, when her "special, expensive" TF is cheaper than stock market pieces.

Ah, there appears to be a bit of confusion here. I was stating that her TF resistance is important to her story, so removing it wouldn't be a simple matter. I intended this as a mark against her, as her situation is both contrived and a central component of both her general arc and how you interact with her.

I was contrasting this with Savin's characters, where you could remove their criss-crossing connections with each other and they would still be very much the same. Sorry if I wasn't completely clear on that.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Ah, there appears to be a bit of confusion here. I was stating that her TF resistance is important to her story, so removing it wouldn't be a simple matter. I intended this as a mark against her, as her situation is both contrived and a central component of both her general arc and how you interact with her.

Well, I disagree. Her TF resistance is totally redundant part. You can just drop it and say "he/she is a poor refugee who can't afford two pills from nearby shop" and her story and personality would be intact.

RevGen

Aug 28, 2015
Dr. Badger, both regular and bimbo version. Also dislike the Dom from myrellion (forgot her name). 

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
Well, I disagree. Her TF resistance is totally redundant part. You can just drop it and say "he/she is a poor refugee who can't afford two pills from nearby shop" and her story and personality would be intact.

Ah, yes. I see what you're saying now, it seems I was the one who didn't understand you. I agree. Perhaps JimT did not consider that. At the time, were there any other characters beyond Reaha who were in debt due to transformatives? Hmm, was Penny is debt due to that as well, or was she just paying back school loans? Maybe JimT simply overlooked that particular angle.

Ahhhh, I know. Maybe he didn't want to problem to be easily solved by a PC with a dose of Throbb or that attachable horse cock you can pick up on Tarkus.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Ah, yes. I see what you're saying now, it seems I was the one who didn't understand you. I agree. Perhaps JimT did not consider that. At the time, were there any other characters beyond Reaha who were in debt due to transformatives? Hmm, was Penny is debt due to that as well, or was she just paying back school loans? Maybe JimT simply overlooked that particular angle.

Ahhhh, I know. Maybe he didn't want to problem to be easily solved by a PC with a dose of Throbb or that attachable horse cock you can pick up on Tarkus.

There are Sera and Jade as well.

Are there free feminizing TFs? Can't remember one. Well, Ovilium sort of is (which is actually strange, since it is dirt cheap and does same thing quite expensive special TF does), but it is new one.

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
It's not like other characters progress without Steele's intervention. Hell some even die without it. Also I'm still not seeing why people are having such an issue with a species being resilient to TFs. I mean TFs in general seem to be rather unreliable unless you shell out big time and there's also the random nature of said TFs. Plus it's a natural consequence of her species' stated impressive immune systems, which has logical other downsides in their ability to enjoy booze and such.

The reason so many people are against it is because it's a made up problem. Her resistance to Tf's essentially makes it so that a) there will never be a TF for her race because continuity would demand a perk that causes Tf resistance and b) no one will write another character of that race since it can't have any distinguishing features that Embry doesn't already have. It was just an unnecessary and cumbersome choice for her backstory. 

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
Are there free feminizing TFs? Can't remember one. Well, Ovilium sort of is (which is actually strange, since it is dirt cheap and does same thing quite expensive special TF does), but it is new one.

Ahhh yes, Embry wanted to turn into a female, not a male. I would do well to remember the most basic facts of the characters I'm talking about. Estrobloom seems to be the primary feminizing TF, but it's not free. Not terrible expensive, either, but the prices of items in TiTS seem to be informed more by gameplay balance than an actual economy.

I don't believe Estrobloom can actually remove a penis, though. I'll have to look around for a transformative that does that, since I can't recall all of them off the top of my head.

EDIT: Looking it up again, Estrobloom doesn't seem to grow breasts, either.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
The reason so many people are against it is because it's a made up problem. Her resistance to Tf's essentially makes it so that a) there will never be a TF for her race because continuity would demand a perk that causes Tf resistance and b) no one will write another character of that race since it can't have any distinguishing features that Embry doesn't already have. It was just an unnecessary and cumbersome choice for her backstory. 

It's not like any other TF has perks associated with them. Hell I recall that being something of a mission statement for this game that TFs wouldn't have perks.

Also how is TF resistance any more of a made up problem than "portal accident giving you the dick of your co worker and stealing your vagina and the rest of your coworker"? Or any weirder of a species trait than basically everything about Nyrea reproduction, the sexual dimorphism of the Ovir, the whole Saeri/Siel thing, or probably a bunch of other shit I could pull up if I rooted through the codex a bit more.

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
It's not like any other TF has perks associated with them. Hell I recall that being something of a mission statement for this game that TFs wouldn't have perks.

Also how is TF resistance any more of a made up problem than "portal accident giving you the dick of your co worker and stealing your vagina and the rest of your coworker"? Or any weirder of a species trait than basically everything about Nyrea reproduction, the sexual dimorphism of the Ovir, the whole Saeri/Siel thing, or probably a bunch of other shit I could pull up if I rooted through the codex a bit more.

Because the TF problem only applies to her, since her species may never be interacted with outside of her. It created a problem and will never be really remembered for much else. Until her species becomes more common to encounter, it's pretty much just for her exclusively. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015

There are gabliani tf which has potential to increase max intellegence, myr tf with tease bonus perk and treatment.

The difference is that it is not a problem for Syri. It is just some weirdshit in her past, and not a problem for either you or she.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Because the TF problem only applies to her, since her species may never be interacted with outside of her. It created a problem and will never be really remembered for much else. Until her species becomes more common to encounter, it's pretty much just for her exclusively. 

It might just be me being dumb and stubborn, but isn't that a default state of any race with one example of it's being available to the player to interact with? 

There are gabliani tf which has potential to increase max intellegence, myr tf with tease bonus perk and treatment.

The difference is that it is not a problem for Syri. It is just some weirdshit in her past, and not a problem for either you or she.

Forgot about those guys. Still they are something of an exception to the rule.

Also in what fucking universe is a workplace accident that fuses you with a coworker, puts you on semi-permanent leave, and heavily influences your capacity and desire for reproduction not a fucking problem for someone and their lovers?

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
It might just be me being dumb and stubborn, but isn't that a default state of any race with one example of it's being available to the player to interact with? 

Problem is, JimT (her writer IIRC) left, so if nobody takes up the reigns, she'll be the only one. It's sort of unlikely there'll be more to come. Most of the one-off races (like the GaloMax NPC) will probably never be touched again either, but they also aren't as prominent as her, I suppose.

Hopefully, a lot of the more unique races will be added on.