Lash defeated (SMUGGLER CLASS) (FINALLY)

I am curious about just how many of you pwnd Lash already so: Have you defeated Lash already?

• Total voters

orochi02

May 20, 2017
I still can't believe it but I barely defeated Dr. Lash with shittons of luck. I was about to give up on this gay butt tickler, but damn am I glad that i pulled through it. I attached a picture to this thread with my end results: 5 fcking hp and full stats except for Willpower (not counting Libido).

As for why I am making this thread:
First off I wanna brag cuz I'm just so glad I could defeat him.
Second off I can't see any threads or guides about defeating Dr. Lash with the smuggler class(seriously I just see Techie class you nerds (no offense)) which kind of made me kinda insecure about the possibility of defeating Lash and about the possibility of Smuggler being a rather bad class. Because of these insecurities I wanted to show that Smugglers are capable of achieving great results too.

My class & (more or less) necessary perks:

Class: Smuggler

Class perks:

-Shoot First (LVL2)
-Sneak Attack (LVL3)
-Stealth Field Generator (LVL4)
-Grenade (LVL5)
-Smuggled Stimulant (LVL7)
-Second Shot (LVL8)
-Alpha Strike (LVL9)
-Mag Binders (LVL10)

My items:

Melee: Queen Nyrea Spear
Ranged Weapon: Modded Arc Caster
Armor: Suit of Gray Goo Armor
Shield: Reaper Armaments Mark I Shield Generator
Accessory: Salamander Longcoat
Underwear Bottom: Thermal Underwear
Underwear Top: Leather Harness

Buffs used:
Heart Tea (taking Aina up on her offer to drink special tea)
Lightning Moves (fencing with Fyn)
Royal Nectar (suck Queen Irelias nectar dry)

Brief description of the fight:

So I basically just abused my Shoot First, Alpha Strike and Second Shot perks to open the fight. During the fight shittons of luck are necessary to dodge his attacks so FCKING PRAY that he won't just kill you in a few turns. Because of my items I had negative Energy Weapon Resistance so my shield was depleted pretty quickly but to make up for it I used a Single Use, Mark II Shield Booster to replenish the shield. After my first strike, I quickly swapped to my Skills and used Mag Binders to stun and damage him. If I got lucky enough to stun him, I always used my Sneak Attack perk to deal great DMG to him. After a while my Energy was depleted so I was forced to switch to my basic ranged attacks again but with a great deal of luck I could barely whip his ass.

Results and my personal opinion about how I fought Lash

IMO if you wanna try my strategy then sure you can do but you need a lot of patience cause the fight will be entirely depending on your luck. It was a pretty risky, frustating and close fight so I can't recommend to do it my way. I just did it my way cause I was too lazy to farm up some crystal shards or buy items with the proper stats and resistances. I still needed some resistance though so I only bought the thermal undies and the salamander longcoat.

Attachments

• lash.png
    lash.png
    161 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Zavos

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Did they fix all the thermal resist stacking? If not then taking down Lash isn't as daunting as it once was.

orochi02

May 20, 2017
Did they fix all the thermal resist stacking? If not then taking down Lash isn't as daunting as it once was.
Yeah because I guess it would be a bit broken to just have an easy and endless source of credits. While its not hard to earn a lot of credits even without killing Lash, Lash's defeat reward is just ridiculous. I had full thermal resistance but he still did pretty neat damage which is the reason why I had just 5 hp left by the end of the fight.

Last edited:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
The breedwell center has made it kinda stupidly easy to made credits nowadays though. Like my steele can make just over 400k credits for donating sperm.

Reactions: Xanfaus

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
The breedwell center has made it kinda stupidly easy to made credits nowadays though. Like my steele can make just over 400k credits for donating sperm.

I have to admit I was surprised when I got 100k on my first donation. That did make the sticker shock on Paige a bit more... acceptable. So I guess when new ships come in, expect 1 mil credits and up for the sticker price?

As for Lash... I haven't tried fighting him with my Tech yet. I think I'll give it a whirl later and report later. Better pick up that Salamander Duster...

Reactions: orochi02

orochi02

May 20, 2017
Wait what the fuck is the breedwell center and where to find it

F

Franks

Sperm banks hate him! Learn his one CRAZY trick TODAY!!

Reactions: ShySquare

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
It's a place that's mass-breeding Rahn, and you get access to it after giving over 200k ml (maybe 500k, not sure) of cum at any of the New Texas milkers or by having five kids (Egg trainer eggs don't count).

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

They nerfed the profits down by like 1/100. Blasting out my spunk nets me around 3-4k, instead of 300-400k.

Reactions: orochi02

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
The secret is to stack the salamander long coat and black void armour then use one of the consumable crystals that can be got on myrellion, it makes him a breeze as while you can't stack as crazy thermal, defense is a flat damage reduction.

herpaderphurr

Jan 5, 2018
I'm happy for you, but I don't understand how you had such difficulty! I just tried with your exact setup but no buffs and defeated him easily with 80% health left. All I did was keep throwing flashbangs until he finally got blinded, then spent 2 turns shooting him while he's blinded for big damage. Then I tried another battle using Mag Binders instead of flashbangs, and while I had to use Smuggled Stim this time because Mag Binders is so energy-intensive, it also worked just as well. I tried a third battle with both the Arc Caster and the Crucifer Spitter... all beat him quite handily.

You say you die with only a few attacks, but with the Goo Armor + Salamander Coat + Thermal Undies combo, as well as Smuggler's inherent evasion chance, you should have a ton of burn resist and should be able to survive like 20+ turns. Are you sure you weren't wearing something else by mistake? Make sure your gooey friend is set up for maximum combat too, which means crystal-upgraded, no exhibitionist exposure, no helmet, etc.

The secret is to stack the salamander long coat and black void armour then use one of the consumable crystals that can be got on myrellion, it makes him a breeze as while you can't stack as crazy thermal, defense is a flat damage reduction.
Is there something about the void plate armour that I'm missing? It only offers 10% burn resist, 5 defense, 5 fort (useless), and is mirrored (useless against plasma). The Gray Goo armour is best I believe, with 8 defense and 25% burn resist. Or do you just mean that it's good enough for the job?

Khaaveren

Dec 29, 2017
Ninth Hell of the Abyss, BC, Canada
My way of keeping my energy up is to recruit Yammi on New Texas, then milk the pexiga. (You don't have to enhance her at this point.) Use the 'furfag' cheat, and any time your energy gets low, use the pexiga saliva to replenish it by 70 points. I used this method during the fight with Commander Henderson while playing The Kashima Incident. The first time I did it, without gulping saliva every other round or two, I barely won. The second time (different saved game), it took like 2 minutes to defeat him.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
During my test of the Smuggler class I found the Hirudo Devourer was amazing for a Ranged build. I still used the HL Dagger for melee though.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
During my test of the Smuggler class I found the Hirudo Devourer was amazing for a Ranged build. I still used the HL Dagger for melee though.

Dat evasion bonus.

orochi02

May 20, 2017
I'm happy for you, but I don't understand how you had such difficulty! I just tried with your exact setup but no buffs and defeated him easily with 80% health left. All I did was keep throwing flashbangs until he finally got blinded, then spent 2 turns shooting him while he's blinded for big damage. Then I tried another battle using Mag Binders instead of flashbangs, and while I had to use Smuggled Stim this time because Mag Binders is so energy-intensive, it also worked just as well. I tried a third battle with both the Arc Caster and the Crucifer Spitter... all beat him quite handily.

You say you die with only a few attacks, but with the Goo Armor + Salamander Coat + Thermal Undies combo, as well as Smuggler's inherent evasion chance, you should have a ton of burn resist and should be able to survive like 20+ turns. Are you sure you weren't wearing something else by mistake? Make sure your gooey friend is set up for maximum combat too, which means crystal-upgraded, no exhibitionist exposure, no helmet, etc.

Is there something about the void plate armour that I'm missing? It only offers 10% burn resist, 5 defense, 5 fort (useless), and is mirrored (useless against plasma). The Gray Goo armour is best I believe, with 8 defense and 25% burn resist. Or do you just mean that it's good enough for the job?
just look at how old this thread is, i defeat him in a breeze nowadays and here is my strategy:
pippas cooling oil
gray goo armor/nova
salamander longcoat
nothing more nothing less

orochi02

May 20, 2017
still prefer crucifier spitter just cuz crits. for entirely ranged characters id recommend tweaked vamp blade from emmyquest just cuz its giving you a shield bonus and besides that you wont be using melee anyway

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
still prefer crucifier spitter just cuz crits. for entirely ranged characters id recommend tweaked vamp blade from emmyquest just cuz its giving you a shield bonus and besides that you wont be using melee anyway
The Lava Saber is the one that gives you shields, +15 I think. But the HL Dagger evasion bonus is probably better for Smugglers.