Kara and Shade: best of both worlds?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Is there any way to get on both Kara and Shades good sides, or do I have to pick one? I swear I remember somebody saying something about how it is possible if you do things in a very specific way.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
You need to reveal that Shade is your sister, before doing Karaquest. She'll hightail to Uveto and will not be encountered during Karaquest.

Sogen

Oct 4, 2017
Also works if you don't reveal she's your sister. Basically you want to retrieve the probe on Myrellion and make it to the interaction where you find out Shade is your sister. After that interaction, regardless of how it turns out, Shade leaves for Uveto and KaraQuest can be completed without her showing up.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Does anyone know the flags I need to set in the save editor in order to make this happen? I just turned in Kara when i encountered her in the bar, and I'd rather avoid having to do a massive reset and redoing all the Uveto content if I can help it.

From what I can tell, all I need to do is make it so I didn't encounter Kara in the bar.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Woo boy! Ok, so, after a bit of experimenting, I ditched my old plan and just blew through KaraQuest on another file so I could find and modify the right flags on my main Save. From what I can tell, it worked! Though there are apparently a few flags or whatever I couldn't modify, so my codec states the I both distracted Shade and defeated Kara with her. Oh well! I guess I'll find out if it all worked out when(if) Savin makes some more Kara content.