issue with the ghostlight

Remalian

Feb 24, 2021
Alright, I've had a gripe with the ghostlight for quite some time and I figured I should bring it here and see everyone else's opinion. Why is it in every scene if you have it on? It acts just like if you were a hermaphrodite and it's honestly kinda annoying if you ask me. But you can't access the menu to turn it on or off with encounters and stuff so you constantly have to be turning it on or off for things and if it happens to be on for a scene you didn't want it to be when selecting the options then you're just shit out of luck. You might as well play a herm at that point. Every other character gets to choose when they have theirs on so why isn't it like it isn't on if you're not using a scene that requires a cock? Like I want to place afab characters and still have the option, especially with Kiyoko, but it's really annoying to me how it's set up right now. Do other people agree or am I just being crazy lmao

Remalian

Feb 24, 2021
Because if you have it on, you have it on -- it's counted as a cock for all purposes. If you don't want it to show up in a scene you can just turn it off.
I mean, I figured that from a game mechanic standpoint, I meant more like it just seems annoying that that is the only way to do it, sometimes with a post fight/random encounter I want it on or off but because it's on and I can't access the menu to change it I'm stuck with it. It feels pointless then to have it when you could just make the character a herm. I just wish there was an option where it only showed up when you were specifically in a scene where it required a cock I guess, rather than forcing the player to have to constantly go back and forth turning it on and off or being stuck with what it's set on in the selection part because a lot of times you can't go back and turn it on/off then go back to select the scene. I think it's a good option to have but I wish it acted like every other character's ghostlight where it's only on when you're using it rather than by default in all scenes if that makes sense.

Reactions: valkyr42

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The entire point is for it to slot into scenes that require a penis (most obviously all of Kiyoko's content past her introduction) for people who want to play a pure female Champ but want to access some of those scenes. That means it's a binary on or off just like an actual penis would be, albeit it doesn't require messing around with multiple alchemical items to go between 'no penis' to 'has penis' and back again. It was literally designed to be as easy to implement from a writer and coder standpoint as possible, contra the hardlight in TiTS.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
TiTs did it better to a point. That's why I never bother with one in this game, might as well go Futa.

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
I dunno, the hardlight strap-on is neat (i do like that you can lend it out, you're welcome Ramis), but i was bummed when i realized my tiny-dicked femboy Steele wasn't using it (other than loaning it out, lol). Neither is perfect, but the off/on for the ghostlight generally works for me.

Boshe

Apr 4, 2022
HL needs dedicated support from scenes, so it's unavailable for the majority of scenes that work with an actual penis. No way it's better; I'd rather take it being inconvenient than it being forgotten by more than a half of the game's content.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Alright, I've had a gripe with the ghostlight for quite some time and I figured I should bring it here and see everyone else's opinion. Why is it in every scene if you have it on? It acts just like if you were a hermaphrodite and it's honestly kinda annoying if you ask me. But you can't access the menu to turn it on or off with encounters and stuff so you constantly have to be turning it on or off for things and if it happens to be on for a scene you didn't want it to be when selecting the options then you're just shit out of luck. You might as well play a herm at that point. Every other character gets to choose when they have theirs on so why isn't it like it isn't on if you're not using a scene that requires a cock? Like I want to place afab characters and still have the option, especially with Kiyoko, but it's really annoying to me how it's set up right now. Do other people agree or am I just being crazy lmao
I 100% agree with this and wish more writers separated out hasRealCock from hasCock for these kinds of things. I do make sure that the ghostlight doesn't come out unless there's a reason to use it (and if a scene that I write doesn't account for it properly, that's a bug! please let me know), but I don't write that many sex scenes.