Interesting Weapon Flags

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
I would love to see some different weapon flags in game. I have a few ideas and I would like to share them.

Chance to Mutate: basically gives a low chance to weaken foes by lowering the total health, damage, and defense they can have. Even lower chance to turn foes stronger, basically becoming a mini-boss. (Keep you on your toes)
Bleed: continuous health damage until foe heals.
Short Circuit: continuous shield damage.

Feel free to add on. I don't really know how the guys in charge of programming the game would feel about this idea so until I know, this will probably remain just a idea. (P.S. Sorry if I posted of the wrong forum, I was directed here)

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Chaos/Confusion: Plural foes may have a chance of attack their partners instead of you. It'll work only on non-mechanical being.
Decay: Degradation of the for stucture in a atomical scale, leading to heavy corrosion or debilitaing pain/biological damage.
Falling: Damage produced when falling due mid-air obstacles (Think of the PC and a foe falling through a planet atmosphere or something similar).

They could use better names, tho.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
Chance to Mutate: basically gives a low chance to weaken foes by lowering the total health, damage, and defense they can have. Even lower chance to turn foes stronger, basically becoming a mini-boss. (Keep you on your toes)
Chaos/Confusion: Plural foes may have a chance of attack their partners instead of you. It'll work only on non-mechanical being.
These don't sound like something a standard weapon should have. This is more in line with a special attack/effect like the goozooka.
Decay: Degradation of the for stucture in a atomical scale, leading to heavy corrosion or debilitaing pain/biological damage.
There is corrosion damage in game. It can mean anything from acid attacks to nanobots disintegrating you. So the only part missing would be a "pain" tag, possibly giving a stun chance?
Falling: Damage produced when falling due mid-air obstacles (Think of the PC and a foe falling through a planet atmosphere or something similar).
That's not a weapon tag, that's a mix of kinetic (friction) and heat damage. And there isn't even a weapon that could cause this (and if they add a grav catapult that could cause this, it'd be better used squashing enemies flat into the ground).

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I wass thinking about generic effects, as those produced by abilities or the enviroment, not only weapons.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
In that case that should be specified, since title and first post talk about weapon flags, so regular weapons with special effects like burn, penetrating, or vampiric.

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
Real question: How does fenoxo and crew feel about adding new flags to weapons? Are they okay with it or not?

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
Just adding them to existing weapons would likely create balance issues.
Creating new weapons for and with new tags, on the other hand, probably falls under "Don't wait for it, if you want it, do it yourself".

So the real question is "How nice does a weapon need to be to justify coding a new tag?"