Installing CoC 1 For a Dummy?

Renurb

Nov 7, 2023
Step 1: Go to either fenoxo's main site and click Play, then on "Download" for base COC1 (or search for any of the CoC1 mods on the internet and download them if you want)
Step 2: Download Adobe Flash Player; look up Flash player download and just make sure you remember what file folder you downloaded it into
Step 3: Open Adobe Flash Player installation, read through the fine-print, select the options you want and download it.
Step 4: Find the file where your .swf CoC1 is saved in, RIGHT-Click it with your mouse/keypad and select Open With, it should give you a variety of options and Flash Player should be one of them. From there select that and it should open CoC1
Step 5: Play

Was that detailed enough?

Last edited:

CourtOfTheGrayWaves

May 15, 2022
Step 1: Go to either fenoxo's main site and click Play, then on "Download" for base COC1 (or search for any of the CoC1 mods on the internet and download them if you want)
Step 2: Download Adobe Flash Player; look up Flash player download and just make sure you remember what file folder you downloaded it into
Step 3: Open Adobe Flash Player installation, read through the fine-print, select the options you want and download it.
Step 4: Find the file where your .swf CoC1 is saved in, RIGHT-Click it with your mouse/keypad and select Open With, it should give you a variety of options and Flash Player should be one of them. From there select that and it should open CoC1
Step 5: Play

Was that detailed enough?
Perfectly! Sorry I didn't get back sooner. The notification didn't show.

But ain't Flash dead?

Renurb

Nov 7, 2023
Perfectly! Sorry I didn't get back sooner. The notification didn't show.

But ain't Flash dead?
No problem. Just download Adobe Flash onto your desktop and open the .swf file in it by Right-clicking the .swf file and selecting Open With -> Adobe Flash
Adobe flash is only dead on browsers and is no longer being updated by Adobe, but is still a functional application.

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
No problem. Just download Adobe Flash onto your desktop and open the .swf file in it by Right-clicking the .swf file and selecting Open With -> Adobe Flash
Adobe flash is only dead on browsers and is no longer being updated by Adobe, but is still a functional application.

I know you mean well, but the download you shared appears to be a full install of flash. Wouldn't it be much better and safer if they used the archived standalone version instead?

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
Maybe, I'm just posting the methods I know of, the link was just an example.

Like i said, you meant well, i just had to butt my head into the thread considering all the security risks involved with flash.

I strongly recommend using the standalone version i linked previously, however, as it is just an executable that you can always delete later. Compared to a full install which, since Adobe has discontinued the unistaller aswell, is alot trickier to purge from your computer.

flashplayer_32_sa.exe is the file you want, and it should hopefully just be a case of opening CoC 1's swf file within the program.

Reactions: Renurb