Imp fights incredibly annoying?

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Hm, I'm guessing it's either during the first encounter or the most recent quest part I assume?

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
During the siege of khorminos quest there is a way to finish it that reduces the rate of encountering the level 6 imps to 50%. So half the time you'll get the weak ones you're used to from the old forest and the other half is the group that disarm spam heal stalls you.

Oh thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot about that! Not least because the last time I checked it, I never came across normal imps, so I suspected a requirement for a higher quest stage than is currently available, or an outright bug...

Drash

Mar 22, 2017
I join the comment above: learn Equilibrium
I'll look into it thanks.
I've tried using more magic and the end result had been... underwhelming so far. Its like the stats on my old main aren't really good for anything. Could barely keep Cait alive the one time.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
I've tried using more magic and the end result had been... underwhelming so far.

Magic is also quite a reliable means of destroying opponents, although the weakness of casters compared to weapon users still annoys me. It also doesn't help that Spell Penetrative increases from Strength, not Willpower (!)...
In a fight with the imps, however, this is not too important, as the opponents they are far from the strongest, in my opinion, just very durable due to the fact that Imps Shankers have 300 health plus crit immunity (any character with a shield is crit immune).

I could give a couple of tips about playing a caster, but relatively recently I already gave advice on playing a black magician. My advice was not without errors (I'll have to fix them ... someday), but I seemed to give the basics quite decent and didn't make any fundamental mistakes (and I do not see what I could add about this).
That's why I'm shamelessly linking to my old comment and in addition I'm attaching a screenshot of the result of using the Crackle Powder + Arc Cannon tactic (plus Etheryn's Blessing before my attack).

0.4.18 Crit 242.jpg

The screenshot was made on version 0.4.18, but there haven't been any noticeable damage nerfs since then.
In the screenshot, I used Hexblade Cait (as a single-target damage dealer), but you can use any character with AoE attacks instead if you have particular problems with crowds. Oh yeah, if you're going to be using one of the fire allies you might want to swap out the Crackle Powder + Arc Cannon combo for the good old fashioned Grease + Fireball combo (although I wouldn't recommend this in Undermountain due to one particularly nasty roaming boss with fire resistance and vulnerability to storm).

P.S. There are some important boosts that players seem to usually forget about. I'm talking about things like maximizing the willpower of the whole group with a blessing from Sanders and the Well-Fed status effect doubling post-combat recovery from the Trail Ration item.

P.P.S. If you do not understand some things in my words or have questions about the tactics I use, you can always ask them in the PM.

Leor

May 10, 2022
Wayfort
As someone who only plays the game occasionally, it's kind of annoying to load up an old save with a maxed out character and find you cant do anything with it. I head off into the woods and repeatedly lose to a pack of imps because I cant attack anything the entire battle.
I couldn't even draw agro effectively to allow my other party members to deal damage. Is this how the game works now?
Just a little trick that might help, always equip rechargeable power that doesnt need weapon like spells etc. So you can still participate on damage, or you can just throw Lyric butt first on the enemy(I usually throw him to those who disarm me for revenge) Lyric is a good projectile to use specially if his thighs are buffed.