I have a request

D

Dhdhfhfhfhdhd

Please make it so as the the player character we can hurt down and torture the shit out of the man who attacked our kitsune daughter

Damn can we at least fight him at some point I don't want him hurting my kids
So… as the player, you'll most certainly get the chance to do just that with Kinu being controlled by you. Not with your own player character however.

Now, if this doesn't sit right with you I've got a question for you: would it also be totally fine for you if - say, your PC is in the situation to corner Tollus, no escape possible for him anymore and you finally able to deliver sweet sweet payday upon his sorry ass - suddenly your very own parents plop outta nowhere. They tell you to stay the fuck back, that they will handle this for you. That they love you and WILL protect their sweet little child… without you being able to cut those loose ends of your very own story.

How would you, as your own PC, feel about that? Very epic and dramatic, right?
Point is, Kinu has her own life , her own story and her own loose ends in that. Ending them as a parent for her wouldn't help in the big picture, but rather bring further harm later. Shelter her from and decide every hurdle she has to take for her - like her mother did before you - and she'll never be able to bloom

Reactions: WolframL
suddenly your very own parents plop outta nowhere.
Considering they're damn well dead, implied to be so, or missing in a good portion of the premade backstories, I imagine my PC would be wondering just what in the fuck is happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emerald and Kesil

Acharehnus

Jun 3, 2022
I don't think defending your family from the rapacious murderer is being an over bearing parent and I always find that justification for our complete absence from our kids lives hilarious.

Like, we're not present for anything they decide to do so far let alone this incredibly dangerous situation.

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
I always thought it would be cool if we control Kinu in the fight, with our PC being present as a squadmate/guest. Certainly wont happen, but was just something I would have liked.

• Love
Reactions: Emerald and Nuin
I don't think defending your family from the rapacious murderer is being an over bearing parent and I always find that justification for our complete absence from our kids lives hilarious.
It is something.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't agree with the thread maker's desire to actually torture the felon to death, that's a wee bit fucked up

But it's also pretty much the champion's day job to be acting champion and warden of these lands, by the point these events start occurring there's a decent chance they basically have legal jurisdiction over where all this nonsense is taking place, alongside the expectation to actually put a stop to such matters.

Tracking down someone who's running around trying to murder people in their homes would be something the champ might be pressed to look into themselves even if it wasn't their own family being attacked. And the whole 'this is her story' excuse is pretty darn wild considering Kinu can be a literal fucking farmer whilst you're possibly coming from a soldier or warrior background already on top of having your crazy soul and inexplicable protagonist power to learn anything very quickly, and have been putting that to use for like that last couple of months solely for learning new ways to beat people up.

The whole writing for that questline gets pretty wild at times, because the champion themselves goes into full sadist mode and suggests tracking down bad fox in a specifically drawn out and slow fashion, which would typically require a preexisting psychological abnormality for that to be seen as acceptable. That, or just a piss-poor upbringing, which I suppose may have been the case if you picked Slum Rat or Barbarian for your backstory.

But it's also pretty much the champion's day job to be acting champion and warden of these lands, by the point these events start occurring there's a decent chance they basically have legal jurisdiction over where all this nonsense is taking place, alongside the expectation to actually put a stop to such matters.

Tracking down someone who's running around trying to murder people in their homes would be something the champ might be pressed to look into themselves even if it wasn't their own family being attacked.

Fair point. However, in hindsight of this I think it wouldn't be PC's job to hunt down the lackeys but rather to neutralize the threat as a whole, cutting the head off of the snake so to speak.

A scenario in which Kinu deals with Raphael and his fox-morphs while PC goes for Taoth (assuming he still hasn't regained all of his powers as a God of Mareth yet or was somehow weakened during his transfer, of course) would imho be a much better turnout for this story.

It also would make it slapstick ironic - to free Taoth as PC of CoC1 during a fox-morphs romance quest just to make him a real nuisance and pain in the ass for the (romantically involved with a kitsune) CoC2 PC :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Sacremas