How to trigger Kasyrra Halloween event?

Xenosium

Jun 18, 2021
I didn't know about the game last year, and I'm pretty impatient, so I'm trying to trigger the event right now to see what it was all about. I have seasonal events set to "on" in the settings, and I'm basically 100% done the current version of the game story-wise. I've been mashing explore and running around the Old Forest for probably a full IRL hour and it's just not happening. I think I've genocided the local wolf population, yet still no big red demon woman. What am I doing wrong?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
If seasonal events are set to On and you've already cleared the Wayfort, there's no reason Kas' event shouldn't proc... unless that is you already saw it (it's a one-off) or you saw the start of it and clicked through the option to avoid it without looking, thinking it was some other scene.

Lone Wolf115

or you saw the start of it and clicked through the option to avoid it without looking, thinking it was some other scene.
It starts off, your companions bumping into a force field magic or whatever, anyway you have a choice to go back and find a way around, or continue, note that your companions won't be able to go through, the scene goes somewhat like this, "It could be a trap for you" something like that.

Xenosium

Jun 18, 2021
If it looks similar in text size and options to the billions of berries available to be picked, then there is a chance I skipped over it.
I've been keeping an eye out for anything that looks like something I haven't seen before. I have no way to test if it looks like it or not since if I haven't noticed it or haven't seen it yet, I have no way of knowing which side of the river I'm stuck on.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Xenosium

Jun 18, 2021
I tried it out on a different save file and it still took me probably 40 explores, but I got it. I don't recognize the text or the options from before. Normally the "Leave" option is always on the right side, but for the Kas event its on the left.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I haven't seen before. I have no way to test if it looks like it or not since if I haven't noticed it or haven't seen it yet, I have no way of knowing which side of the river I'm stuck on.
There is, actually. Save to file and crack open the resulting save with a text editor. If you see a flag reading KAS_HWEEN, you've seen the event one way or another. This includes seeing it and choosing not to engage with it.

Reactions: Burnerbro

Xenosium

Jun 18, 2021
There is, actually. Save to file and crack open the resulting save with a text editor. If you see a flag reading KAS_HWEEN, you've seen the event one way or another. This includes seeing it and choosing not to engage with it.
I checked it out and found KAS_HWEEN: 2021
So I guess I did, somehow. Well, at least I saw it on my other file.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
I'm half tempted to disable seasonal content in October at least... or using the ring that blocks dreams...