How to bring crew with you when exploring?

Vichrae

Jul 12, 2019
How does one bring crew members with you when you explore a planet (similar to how Anno accompanies you and fights with you on Deck 13)?

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
you cant :(
she only goes with you on that specific quest

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Reactions: Vichrae

Ecchi Bunny

Oct 6, 2018
I would love for this to happen as an expansion like how we just got Ships, since CoC2 is doing it, I don't know how complicated it would be to add that option. Or if its too much of a problem to change old planets to handle such a thing maybe new places we visit would have the option.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
I don't know how complicated it would be to add that option.
Super complicated, like "fugedaboudit" complicated. Every combat encounter in the game would need rebalancing, and it'd be hell to write the crew into non-combat scenes. It works for CoC2 because it's smaller in scale, puts much more responsibility on companion writers to continously write their characters into new scenes from the beginning, and balances combat on the assumption that you will have a party of three. For TiTS, it'd probably force the development to focus exclusively on revisiting and rebalancing encounters for well over a year.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Yeah was thinking it would be a enormous undertaking. Would new places require the same amount of rewrites? Or just the same responsibility of companion writers? Just asking out of curiosity.
It'd still face the difficulty of pushing authors to commit to writing new scenes for the characters, and it'd make combat balance for new encounters much more difficult. I doubt Fen is ever going to seriously consider implementing it for general exploration.

Reactions: Ecchi Bunny

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I would love for this to happen as an expansion like how we just got Ships, since CoC2 is doing it, I don't know how complicated it would be to add that option. Or if its too much of a problem to change old planets to handle such a thing maybe new places we visit would have the option.

Fen hates party-based adventuring, so no.

_Swish

Apr 17, 2019
The latter. Entirely his preferences.
Plus, my guess is, even if he changed his mind, he'd have to rebalance literally every combat encounter around a party. He couldn't reasonably change it even if he wanted to.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Plus, my guess is, even if he changed his mind, he'd have to rebalance literally every combat encounter around a party. He couldn't reasonably change it even if he wanted to.
More likely it would be a new game from the ground up, because that's far too much work for what people would want.