How to beat the gol queen/lagon/similar super bosses?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Gol not need more than around 16 lvl's team, agon some around 20-22 lvl'v. Ofc you got also "super hyper hidden final ultimate boss" that would be truly worth of as infinitum grinding but well then you would be able join of proud elite group of FoE players that can say: I beating without trouble anything in game alder made.

BAck on topic. Take Layla as soon as possible and then make sure both MC and her would train in fighter and bruiser to reaching lvl 8 in both jobs (well even having just fighter at lvl 8 and bruiser as active job would be fine). Also put almost all points form lvl-up into str (grab some decent weapon for MC) and pretty much when fighting thoe bosses use good ol violence (aka use basic attacks or skills of those 2 jobs that will still make you deal tons of dmg). Buying from ashe few HP/SP pots won't be bad idea since you may run low on one of those. Rest of team...well Kiai set up to be superb healer training into all jobs that helps to heal better, buff team. Terry...well just train him/her into rogue/ranger job and put almost all in dex (so would have higher chance of just dodge enemy attacks/act more often than rest of team). SO that all basic as rest it's jsut luck since you want beat those bosses at lowest possible lvl's of your team.

Good luck ^^

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
• Have scholar Kia use Cheer (god-send def buff for low lvl fights)
• When choosing your lvl up stat ups FOCUS on what you want that character to do. "But I want them to do everything" is not a valid answer. Jack-of-all-stat characters are trash that end up being mediocre at everything. The only exception is if you're playing solo (and the PC if you want, since you can't switch her out).
• Phys is by far the best right now. Even post nerf the Bruiser still wrecks things.

Kharn

Mar 27, 2016
For physical characters I generally would level STR, VIT (can't remember if its Vitality or Stamina in FoE..), DEX to generally be able to act before enemies and finish them before they attack. Mastering Fighter and Bruiser will net you the skills that'll let you beat each of them easily enough. Attacks that ignore their defense will generally deal the most damage to them, but backstab isn't so bad either if you can land a debuff that lets you use it since it also has no cooldown and SP efficient to make up for the conditional use.

Fentis

Apr 28, 2016
The Gol queen was easy. with Lagon, I used glass swords on him at the beginning. ignoring his minions. Then I fought him straight out with the player, Kia, and Terry. No sweat.

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015
Ormael you don't need nearly that high levels for them. Gol is doable fairly effortlessly at around lvl 12, and Lagon at around lvl 16, without even using any consumables. Cheer is just too op. :) You do want to save before the fight though because if you get unlucky and Kia gets one shotted before she has time to cast Cheer you obviously need to start over, but that happens fairly rarely. After Cheer is up you have no problems as it lowers the damage the enemies do so much.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I know team not need be so high lvl it's just...my way I meantioned is that no matter how much rng hate me or who will get first attack of boss there is no chance in hell or whatever else that this party member would be insta KO'd. Sometimes I just not wanna to play dices with rng and later ends up unhappy loading save from before fight to try again thus I gave slight than normal levels for those bosses -_-'

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
T. Illusion.  A single mage with decent hp can keep T. Illusion up and wail on Lagon until he is dead.  Heal as neccesary.

Last edited by a moderator: