How many credits is a lot of credits?

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
you know how we can get 5000 credits from just looking at a rock? or millions from scanning tide pods?
that seems like a lot, but how much does someone normally make?
what is minimum wage in the tits universe?
i would like to know because there is a lot of tfs, that means people would have to buy them.

for example, tittyblossom cost 1000 credits, how much is that? is that a pay check? is that just some doritos money?

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Kind of hard to say, you travel to so many different planets. Its like traveling to Alaska and seeing how much they have to pay for a gallon of milk versus everyone else in the lower 48. From what I've seen in game the divide seems to be as simple as the rich and the not rich.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
several thousands of credits seems to be a fairly expensive purchase going by most reactions and half a mil seems to be something you save for most of your life to get for someone in the middle class.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
you know how we can get 5000 credits from just looking at a rock? or millions from scanning tide pods?
that seems like a lot, but how much does someone normally make?
what is minimum wage in the tits universe?
i would like to know because there is a lot of tfs, that means people would have to buy them.

for example, tittyblossom cost 1000 credits, how much is that? is that a pay check? is that just some doritos money?

Bear in mind that when you scan the rock, the money you make isn't necessarily "This rock has 5000 credits in it!", its more that the company is giving you a finder's fee for discovering and claiming a valuable resource for the company.

Lerris says she's been saving a while to buy Pussybloom, which depending on the version is (the "cheapest" is 9000 credits), is going to take her a while.

Likewise, Reaha put herself into significant debt for her transformation, enough to force her into servitude for Beth Carver, with her contract at the last 5000 credits. It takes Reaha several weeks to finally pay off her debt to Steele.

Yammi's contract was several thousand credits, almost to the point where she could get out of it soon enough had those bulls not wrecked the ice cream parlour, which ramped up the amount she'd have to pay back to a near impossible level.

We can't really take Steele as an indicator or as a sample. They're the heir to an incredibly powerful corporation and has opportunities that others don't. They're an adventurer, selling the spoils of their adventure or claiming bounties and rewards, while a shop assistant is going to be a shop assistant.

I'd say that buying transformations is kinda like buying clothes and cars. We can buy shirts or jackets easily enough with one paycheck, but a car is a far more significant purchase, requiring saving for some time or getting a loan.

With that in mind, I'd also say that that most people work for a handful of major companies and corporations. Yeah, they get a wage, but I wouldn't be surprised if the wages were going back into paying for food, accommodation, clothes and so on. People wouldn't actually get very much. Really, I would be very surprised if people got more than 1000 credits in a single paycheck.

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Excluding natives, who is poorest NPC Steele meets in this game so far?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Depends on the context.
On the one hand, Saendra has her own ship, but her finances have been destroyed by it and herself being crippled, to the point where she can't even afford the docking fees on Tavros.
Syri earns a decent wage, but then again a decent wage goes a loooooong way in a frontier colony. Away from Mhen'ga she needs someone to bring her places.
Delilah has been forced to turn tricks for Beth Carver on Tarkus because they are that far in debt.
Yammi is literally a wage slave, forced to pay off her debt to the ice cream company for the "investment" in her.

It depends.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm pretty sure there are natives that are, even on the galactic scale, richer than some folk Steele can run into. Hell possibly even richer than some of the folk who aren't literal wage slaves.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Tipping Embry I think 500 credits causes her to be shocked, implying that is more then she makes in a week from her paycheck and other tips.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crablord

RhymeDrooler

May 8, 2017
I'm pretty sure there are natives that are, even on the galactic scale, richer than some folk Steele can run into. Hell possibly even richer than some of the folk who aren't literal wage slaves.
Uveto natives with all their Savicite?

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Kaede seems to be in a lot of debt, barely making ends meat.

Being in debt doesn't mean you're poor though...

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
And Kaede is making enough through her contacts that she's able to service her ship, which is a lot more than Saendra is able to do. She currently has a friends-with-benefits with the daughter of an executive of a major company, meaning that if she was low on money, she could just as easily call up her fuck buddy and get a contract to haul some cargo.

K

Krynh

Being in debt doesn't mean you're poor though...
That's true, if she can manage to pay off the interest on her debts. She talks about how she's only one bad run away from having to shack up with Steele.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
I think the 1 credit = 1 dollar is kind of the closest we can come to anything resembling a system. Obviously things are going to be a little bit crazy simply because everybody has their own view (see above). That and being a space murderhobo means you don't have anything to do with normal boring stuff like rent and groceries to give a baseline.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
You're asking questions of the financial system of an RPG whose creator clearly gave more thought to the size of his goblin whore's tits than he did how its main form of government functions. The thing costs what the writer decides it costs, which is relative to the other things he's noticed costing. Do not Maynard Keynes into Garfield.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
You're asking questions of the financial system of an RPG whose creator clearly gave more thought to the size of his goblin whore's tits than he did how its main form of government functions. The thing costs what the writer decides it costs, which is relative to the other things he's noticed costing. Do not Maynard Keynes into Garfield.

1527724114919.jpg

I secretly hoard savicite in case the galactic credit collapses

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
You just want to have the galaxy’s largest savicite dildo, don’t you?
If one wants to largest savicite dildo, hoarding it won't help. As to make anything from savicite you must carve the material. Thus having a bunch of smaller pieces won't work unless you're making some sort of giant puzzle-cock. And while that would be impressive, having a singular giant piece of savicite carved into one giant solid dildo would be more impressive

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Sigh.

Reactions: Irrlicht

ham

Sep 2, 2015
When you catch the varmints for Cameron on New Texas, he pays you 5 creds and Steele comments that it's enough for a burger. From this, I wager 1 credit is about $1 USD.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
When you catch the varmints for Cameron on New Texas, he pays you 5 creds and Steele comments that it's enough for a burger. From this, I wager 1 credit is about $1 USD.
They say it's enough for a beer or a sandwich somewhere, which kinda implies from a less that quality place.

Incidentally you can only buy a salad, some biscuits and gravy, an energy drink, or a beer for 5 credits on NT. Everything else is around 10ish or more credits.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
They say it's enough for a beer or a sandwich somewhere, which kinda implies from a less that quality place.

Incidentally you can only buy a salad, some biscuits and gravy, an energy drink, or a beer for 5 credits on NT. Everything else is around 10ish or more credits.
It's also a tourist spot, which kind of implies raised prices compared to the norm.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
It's also a tourist spot, which kind of implies raised prices compared to the norm.
Though the places you can eat/drink at are fairly decent places, so it might not be just super touristy prices.

Nebulous

Sep 17, 2017
All I know is that "I'd buy that for a nuyen" then sell it to Anno.

Edit: And "Get out of here S.T.A.L.K.E.R."

sea

Dec 23, 2016
I remember something about how credits are only worth as much a merchant this that are. So really depends where your buying.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
When you're an NPC eking your way through life, barely able to pay your bills and suddenly the cost of items increases on your planet because the PC shows up and they need a money sink to balance the in-game economy.

:negativeman:

My headcanon for Korgii Hold is that Heidrun has no fucking clue what credits are worth, thus her prices are ultra inflated to someone with core ward sensibilities. 20k just for one article of clothing that ISN'T armor? She tripping.

Contrast with Tuuva and Maja, where I consider them to offer reasonable prices for what they shell out. I don't know about Nene... I'm usually too busy getting busy with her.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
My headcanon for Korgii Hold is that Heidrun has no fucking clue what credits are worth, thus her prices are ultra inflated to someone with core ward sensibilities. 20k just for one article of clothing that ISN'T armor? She tripping.

Contrast with Tuuva and Maja, where I consider them to offer reasonable prices for what they shell out. I don't know about Nene... I'm usually too busy getting busy with her.
The princess did say that prices were not going to be reasonable, the hold needed enough of arbitrary space currency to make it worth their while.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
When you're an NPC eking your way through life, barely able to pay your bills and suddenly the cost of items increases on your planet because the PC shows up and they need a money sink to balance the in-game economy.

:negativeman:
When you're an NPC eking your way through life, barely scraping by to pay your bills and trying to save for treatments to improve your quality of life and suddenly some randomer who turns out to be the heir to a power corporation comes in and casually drops a tip that pretty much covers everything you need.

:catte::gizz: