How many credits is a lot of credits?

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
So, lets make a trip trough galactic econemy and compare some stuff.

Firstly, lets compare credits not to Dollar, but to Euro instead. Why? Because the Euro is a unified form of money used by countrys of diffrent economical standarts, standartly.
For example, If I, a german, go to Italy and buy a Pizza there, the Pizza will not cost more then in germany. Why? While the Pizza I buy at a tourist-spot is more expensive, it is only so by local standarts. My wage made in germany is more worth in italy, since the local prices are lower by same curency. Everyone who lived in Bavaria would understand. They often invade italy.

So, same curency but diffrent worth of the single unit depending on locale. That is enstablished.

Another thing that we can establish is the on thing most worlds hav in common and that gets not distorted by the need of makeing gear more expansive for steele.
Or to say it diffrent, what can b compared? What backs, if just for the sake of argument, the worth of a credit? Booze does. Alcohol sold at bars is our currently closest comaparison of prices, since from beginning to end, it is sold and its effect is compareable irrelevant of level or place.

The Credit is Mead-based, our economy runs on sex and alcohol. HUZZA!

ANON'S BAR AND BOARD
Drink (I fear this is not realy a bar) - 50 Credits

BURTS BADASS MEADHALL
Beer (quoted 'shitty') - 1 Credit
Mead (standart Drink) - 10 Credits
X-Zil (housemade, local specialty) - 50 Credits

THE MESS
Beer (Still bad) - 1 Credit
Quivering Quasar (What is to be expected to be drunk to get drunk) - 10 Credits
Sex on a Meteor (Partydrink) - 20 Credits

THE GOLDEN PEAK
Chitin Cracker (The local stuff) - 10 Credits
Ausar Chaser (Not the local stuff) - 15 Credits
Miniature Rahn (A sex drink, I take it?) - 25 Credits
Nyrean Knot (If you want to order a hangover) - 34 Credits
Queens Honey (Expensive Wine, basicly) - 100 Credits
Fire Pepper (sex drink special, may or may not drugged) - 120 Credits

THE HONEYPOT STALL
Honey (Eqivalent to Wine, drunken from a cup) - 50 Credits.
Honey (Same, but in a cup) - 50 Credits
Royal Honey (But bottled instead of the cup-sice you get at th regular bar) - 1000 Credits

ZENGSHI
Cantina not installed yet.

BUCKING BRONKO
Milk Stout (Beer, but less crappy) - 5 Credits
Leithan Milk (Treated, sexdrive enhancing, free from the tap if you would move out of the bar) - 8 Credits
Milktini (Exactly what it says on the tin) - 10 Credits
Varminbite Whiskey (Propably also gets exported) - 15 Credits
Raging Bull (Strong mix to get your Hangover) - 30 Credits

LIVING KEGS
Beer, Whiskey and Rum
25, 30 and 35 Credits respectivly, but I am sure you pay for the service and not the drink in this case...

THE FREEZER
Mead (the comeback) - 5 Credits
Psionic Blast (Tourist Drink) - 15 Credits
Frisky Dingo (Drink of choice for local Ausar, so lets say the standart) - 7 Credits
The Party Game (It includes four drinks, free if you can name them) - 30 Credits

KUI COUNTRY BAR AND LODGE
Vesperian Vapor (light alcohol, like most beers) - 10 Credits
Royal Red (light alcohol, like most beers) - 12 Credits
Pneumatic Pilsner (not light alcohol, still a beer) - 20 Credits
♥Doe-Eyed Draught (Cum on, technicaly, it is called a beer) - 6 Credits
♥Nutty Nookie (It is, surprise surprise, a beer. And sombody had to blast a nut for that one) - 7 Credits
♥Kui Creamer (Does not outright claim to be a beer! Bet you did now saw this cuming!) - 22 Credits

VENDINGMACHINE
PowerUp Potion (A Energydrink, tastes like one, too) - 5 Credits

No Tables where harmed.

So, what can we take with us from this?
Firstly, arround 10 Credits is the standart price for a drink in a bar, if you want to neigther go cheep or expensive.
Secondly, I have done my work, you can go on from there. I may want to remind that medical wonders are cheap, but changing a part is cheaper then replacing or creating,and early in ones live is easyer then late.