How do powers interact with weapon attributes?

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
try comparing the fan of knives to itself using different weapons. like the difference between using captain's greatsword and two kunais.

the lack of information on the skill is kind of frustrating.

Given that Fan of Blades seems to work exactly like Cleave using two Daggers, that would be my point of comparison.

Is using Cleave with a Captain's Greatsword better or worse than using Cleave with two Daggers? Technically it's just different, but I would personally say that using two Daggers is superior. More damage base damage (53 instead of 50), more Armor Penetration (10 instead of 0), more Evasion (+5 instead of -10), much more reliable damage output because there's twice as many attacks (a hit or miss does not affect the total damage as much), it's Ranged so it doesn't trigger retaliation and doesn't have a hit penalty against flying things... the only drawbacks is that the Daggers have only 10 Crit instead of the Captain's Greatsword's 20, but that's a tiny sacrifice compared to what you gain.

Not gonna lie though, I've always thought the Captain's Greatsword was bad, like the Scythe. Galon's Griefmaker is just way better.

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
what I mean is- does it really act as if its using two daggers or did it only seem that way because thats what you had equipped when you tested it?
(assuming I understand what you said right)
does it do flat damage from invisible equipment or does it do damage based off your attack power stat?
at the very least, from the short period i used it, it didnt seem like it would proc any extra effects from equipped weapons, afaik.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
what I mean is- does it really act as if its using two daggers or did it only seem that way because thats what you had equipped when you tested it?
(assuming I understand what you said right)

No, I had completely different weapons when I first used it. The ability did not at all behave as if I had been using those weapons. This, combined with the power's description when used, is what made me suspect it functioned as if the user had Daggers equipped instead. That's why I went and bought Daggers to check if they matched the power's effect (which they did), I wouldn't have had to do that if I had them equipped already.

does it do flat damage from invisible equipment or does it do damage based off your attack power stat?

It appears do to damage from invisible Daggers, modified by your Attack Power stat. Functionally, when you use the ability, your character equips two Daggers and then uses "Cleave".

at the very least, from the short period i used it, it didnt seem like it would proc any extra effects from equipped weapons, afaik.

Indeed, it does not use equipped weapons.

Reactions: GEESE