Hoverboard Question

Seipherwood

Apr 9, 2017
Usage
As long as the item is in the inventory, it will be used to automatically to speed travel.

according to the wiki, but what does that mean? ive noticed no movement speed change with or without it?

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I think it allows you to ignore the 'knocked down' status effect, but I am not sure because I have never actually used it myself. I know @Preacher is writing it into his Butt Bugs submission in the combat scenes, so maybe it helps you out in other scenes as well?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Hoverboard allows you to travel at full speed when under a status condition that would normally make traveling take more time in game. (Examples are oversized balls and holding the dong designer)

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I vaguely remember something about how the time it takes you move to from tile to tile is two in-game minutes, and this lowers that time to one minute, or compensates for any oversized balls or rare (like the Dong designer) heavy equipment you have on you.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I think it allows you to ignore the 'knocked down' status effect, but I am not sure because I have never actually used it myself. I know @Preacher is writing it into his Butt Bugs submission in the combat scenes, so maybe it helps you out in other scenes as well?

Not from what I've seen, I've only included it like that because it would make sense to mitigate the worm's digging damage by using the board. You can generally get knocked down in other fights even if you have the hoverboard.

chriskyle

May 22, 2017
Usage
As long as the item is in the inventory, it will be used to automatically to speed travel.

according to the wiki, but what does that mean? ive noticed no movement speed change with or without it?
Ahhh!!! You won't feel much change in your speed buddy..it's just meant to travel for short distances to save your hardwork and energy!!! Travelling at high speeds with it is not possible and can be dangerous tooo!!!..It's nice gadget !!! Even people do make their own hoverboard by spending just few dollars of custom power and speed and even you can do it too!!! if you area speed enthusiast

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Ahhh!!! You won't feel much change in your speed buddy..it's just meant to travel for short distances to save your hardwork and energy!!! Travelling at high speeds with it is not possible and can be dangerous tooo!!!..It's nice gadget !!! Even people do -snip- of custom power and speed and even you can do it too!!! if you area speed enthusiast

What in gods name is this? Some sort of advertisement? Or a troll or something? I am not going anywhere near that link.

Reactions: Mister Gregar

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Ahhh!!! You won't feel much change in your speed buddy..it's just meant to travel for short distances to save your hardwork and energy!!! Travelling at high speeds with it is not possible and can be dangerous tooo!!!..It's nice gadget !!! Even people do make their own hoverboard by spending just few dollars of custom power and speed and even you can do it too!!! if you area speed enthusiast

tumblr_m2sqj3pUFN1qzaxefo1_400.gif

th

KWJ

Jan 21, 2017
Like I said in a thread before, 20% time save (1 minutes for each 5-minutes-movement) is seriously underpowered for occupying an inventory slot.

I think some futuristic levitation technology, and how many surfaces of the planets in TiTS are supposed to be challenging for walking, justifies some further time saving rate for hoverboards.

Adventuring through thick jungles or rocky hills cannot be so fast that its speed is 80% of hovering.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Maybe devs will put some instnces in future where moving will be wasting more than 5 min (not quite possible but who knows). As for hoverboard taking slot by been not so super usefull....I can think about at least other item that can occupy slot and yet make itself 'probably' usefull for PC.

Maybe if somehow hoverboard would be able to increase PC carry slots by one it would be slight more usefull.