Home/Base

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
with the now impressive number of crewmates one can recruit vs the limited.. modules on ship, decided to re-work the idea of a home base of sorts.

the original idea was based of COC1 and FFXI, a mix of the Camp, the Farm, bits of the Tel'Adre bar, and the Mog House system.
a house of sorts with a garden area to grow plants, on NT where the player can put CrewMates to work for credits

the new idea would be to get a large apartment or similar setup, in two parts. The first would be a meeting hall for the Crew, both on ship and not, as well as a private quarters for the player, with maybe a planter box or something.

the main hall would be on Tarvos Station, but other small ones (to allow change of crewmates) would be in the hanger section of all other planets AFTER they have been reached and at some folks in town talked to.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
You already have two home bases. The first is the nursery on Tavros. The second is the ship you're travelling on.

You don't need any more.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
If anything, I wish we only had one homebase like in Coc :/
(it's a bit of a pain to have to fly back to Tavros whenever I want to fast forward a pregnancy)

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
If anything, I wish we only had one homebase like in Coc :/
(it's a bit of a pain to have to fly back to Tavros whenever I want to fast forward a pregnancy)

Yeah, why don't we have that for the ship? It'd be just a single button and it would take just a few seconds to code.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Also, the ship doesn't really feel like "home" to me ? Maybe bc you don't have to go back to it at the end of the day like you did in Coc

(don't get me wrong, there's a lot that TiTS does better than/fixes from CoC, and I love the former to bits, but the feeling of a home where the pc and the people they bond with actually live in is not one of them. In TiTS it feels more... temporary?)

Reactions: Shura and Kesil

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Because spending months in a sardine can will drive you insane?

Pleasure cruise liner starship when?

Anyway, the tooltip could just say you travel to the nursery. It's more of a convenience mechanic than anything, really.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
Also, the ship doesn't really feel like "home" to me ? Maybe bc you don't have to go back to it at the end of the day like you did in Coc

(don't get me wrong, there's a lot that TiTS does better than/fixes from CoC, and I love the former to bits, but the feeling of a home where the pc and the people they bond with actually live in is not one of them. In TiTS it feels more... temporary?)
agreed.
Tits does combat much better, mostly due to the dual weapons, multiple combat skills and equipment... but the Camp in CoC beats the Ship.

the champ changes, it grows and strengthens with new followers. .... it dosnt have size limits.

as for the farm aspect of it the original idea was separate, the player getting a small garden-ish space on New Texas and able to grow crops to make credits.