Holy Shock

Sparks

Aug 7, 2018
I finally got around to getting Aronas Spirit Totem set and saw her Holy Shock skill. I want it, as it would go great with my spellblade white mage build. Wiki says you can steal it, but Arona is the only one who uses it. I got Power Wave from the kitsune spellblade and it's the same thing, just doing storm damage instead of holy. But if there is any way to get it, or a way to spar with Arona to get it that I'm just missing I'd very much like to know.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
If a Power is flagged as Stealable but there isn't anyone you can learn it from, be patient because it's just not been added yet, but the plan is for most things like this to eventually be available from repeatable encounters.

By way of illustration, Berwyn pre-recruitment quest was the only source for Fire Bolt for the longest time until the Glacial Rift was added and the only way to get Cold Snap before the Rift was a pair of one-time fights that you might never see because both could be resolved without fighting. Holy Shock is likely to be a similar case, as is Arona's Wide Sweep.

Sparks

Aug 7, 2018
If a Power is flagged as Stealable but there isn't anyone you can learn it from, be patient because it's just not been added yet, but the plan is for most things like this to eventually be available from repeatable encounters.

By way of illustration, Berwyn pre-recruitment quest was the only source for Fire Bolt for the longest time until the Glacial Rift was added and the only way to get Cold Snap before the Rift was a pair of one-time fights that you might never see because both could be resolved without fighting. Holy Shock is likely to be a similar case, as is Arona's Wide Sweep.
Figured that was the case but just wanted to make sure.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Holy Shock is likely to be a similar case, as is Arona's Wide Sweep.

Wide Sweep is already in the game, if you don't know, the Hive Knights know it. And from what I understand, their alternate form, the Corrupted Knights, uses this Power as well.
Wide Sweep.png

P.S. I have to admit, you know how to explain things simply and clearly, I could not explain some of what you explained (not now, in general) in the same way.

Reactions: WolframL

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I hadn't noticed they had Wide Sweep actually, good to know. Time to send my Blue Black Mage into the woods to pick it up, not that she has a use for it but learning all that's learnable is just what she does.

Reactions: Colaymorak