(Help) Save file conversion

Sirmetana

Jul 22, 2022
Hello there.
I stopped playing for a while, waiting for the mobile JS version of the game to come out. Therefore, I wanted to convert my files from the flash app so they could work with Javascript via said app but I can only Save to file and Export. Whenever I try to use Convert or even Load from file I am told there are no available files even if I used the two functions I mentioned previously. Both of them do create JSON and BIN files in the game folder that I tried to have the browser version load but it didn't work for either.

Did I make a mistake? Is there something I can do or will I have to start all over again? Thanks in advance.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
For converting save files, make sure you're using the final Flash version 0.8.160. If you use anything from before that version your converted files won't load due to errors.

Sirmetana

Jul 22, 2022
For converting save files, make sure you're using the final Flash version 0.8.160. If you use anything from before that version your converted files won't load due to errors.
That's the version I have installed, sadly. This is not the cause of my issue

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
This seems like the obvious thing, but on the off chance you just had a brain fart or actually didn't know did you try "Load from File" option? That's how you load the JSON, like the .tits files from the Flash version.

Sirmetana

Jul 22, 2022
This seems like the obvious thing, but on the off chance you just had a brain fart or actually didn't know did you try "Load from File" option? That's how you load the JSON, like the .tits files from the Flash version.
Didn't realise I had a reply, sorry.
Yes, I know I'm supposed to use "Load from file", that's the thing. The game acts as if the files I'm trying to load don't exist.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Didn't realise I had a reply, sorry.
Yes, I know I'm supposed to use "Load from file", that's the thing. The game acts as if the files I'm trying to load don't exist.
Send me a .tits file from the Java version and i'll try exporting and loading then saving then resending back to you. No guarantee, but I didn't have any trouble on my end, and if all else fails maybe I can dig into your save and figure out why it won't load.

Sirmetana

Jul 22, 2022
Okay, I kid you not but I cannot attach the file. I select it and nothing happens. Since the .tits files can be shared on this forum, maybe it is a device problem. Then I don't think there's anything you can do.

I just tried with multiple file types and none seemed to work. I'm going to try doing it by using my PC instead of my phone.

Aug 16, 2022
I have also been having a hard time exporting files from mobile, I have the latest legacy version, I've gotten rid of every item I have, I export the file nothing shows up, I convert the file it just loads the save I have no way of attaching files or even saving the files in legacy please help

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Seems to be that mobile has problems with exporting, so you're going to need to transfer your .tits file over to PC then export it from there, then import it back to your phone. I never got the latest version for android, so I can't help too much with the export, but once you "Save File" you need to use a file browser app to find the save file in the data folder. Look for com.taintedspace.www and your .tits files should be there. Once you find it you can either send it wirelessly (email or whatever) or connect your phone to your PC and transfer like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: PantslessWaifu

Blubb

Nov 24, 2015
Could someone do me a favor and load/save this file with the latest flash version? The new Tits won't take it, so it's most probably an older version save. And since all I get is a black screen when I try to start flash (apparentely a GPU driver problem), I can't convert it myself. :(

Attachments

• convert.tits
    450.7 KB · Views: 2

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Could someone do me a favor and load/save this file with the latest flash version? The new Tits won't take it, so it's most probably an older version save. And since all I get is a black screen when I try to start flash (apparentely a GPU driver problem), I can't convert it myself. :(
Here you go.

Attachments

• Sebastian - 758 days.json
    663 KB · Views: 8