[Help] Missing a key item

Angy

Aug 15, 2022
Hi guys! Just want to ask if anyone else encountered the same problem as me, I give birth to the Queen of the Deep's young (the Water Princess), but did not get the "Water Princess Note". Since this event happened way back in the timeline before my current save, It is not too convenient for me to load an old save and reprocess the event. I still can't find any clues after I looked over the wiki page. Did I do something wrong that result in this or am I missing some requirements for the key item? Plz Help

TheShepard256

You need to have given birth to them without using the nursery's "wait until birth" function, as that function overrides the normal birth scene (which always grants the note). To get it without going back to an old save, open the console (Ctrl+Shift+i) and enter
Code:
pc.createKeyItem("Water Princess Note", 0, 0, 0, 0, "This receipt by a child-recovery drone was doodled all over by the tiny water princesses you gave birth to. They’ve scrawled several affectionate drawings all over it, and written thank-yous for taking care of them. Looking at it gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling...")

Angy

Aug 15, 2022
You need to have given birth to them without using the nursery's "wait until birth" function, as that function overrides the normal birth scene (which always grants the note). To get it without going back to an old save, open the console (Ctrl+Shift+i) and enter
Code:
pc.createKeyItem("Water Princess Note", 0, 0, 0, 0, "This receipt by a child-recovery drone was doodled all over by the tiny water princesses you gave birth to. They’ve scrawled several affectionate drawings all over it, and written thank-yous for taking care of them. Looking at it gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling...")
Thanks a lot for your help! This method worked for me and now I can find the "Water Princess Note" in my key item slot. I was playing the online version, so instead, I pressed F12 to open up the console menu.