Having trouble finding Zil...

Yuki Anno

Oct 10, 2015
Using version 0.6.27 offline version, Debug, Silly, Easy modes are all disabled.

I've traveled all around Mhen'ga looking for Zil and it's the only species I've not seen at all aside from the encounter with Penny. I even have the lure on, and still I never encounter them, is there a specific place to encounter them, or was the encounter rate lowered or something, in the lighter greened sections I only seem to run into Kerokoras and rarely a snake and pitcher. In the south Membranes, Naleen, and more pitchers. I've tried restarting multiple times to see if it was save game related, and still the same result, zero Zil appearances.

Any insights? I don't think it's a bug as I'm sure someone else would have reported the inability to complete the capture quest by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Using version 0.6.27 offline version, Debug, Silly, Easy modes are all disabled.

I've traveled all around Mhen'ga looking for Zil and it's the only species I've not seen at all aside from the encounter with Penny. I even have the lure on, and still I never encounter them, is there a specific place to encounter them, or was the encounter rate lowered or something, in the lighter greened sections I only seem to run into Kerokoras and rarely a snake and pitcher. In the south Membranes, Naleen, and more pitchers. I've tried restarting multiple times to see if it was save game related, and still the same result, zero Zil appearances.

Any insights? I don't think it's a bug as I'm sure someone else would have reported the inability to complete the capture quest by now.

Um, you should be able to find Zil around the first parts the light-green jungle. Stay close to the settlement, and just pace back and forth.

Yuki Anno

Oct 10, 2015
Um, you should be able to find Zil around the first parts the light-green jungle. Stay close to the settlement, and just pace back and forth.

Hrm, I've sat there for over 10 minutes go back and forth between that solid green and the diagonal green to the right of it, all I get is Kero's.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Hrm, I've sat there for over 10 minutes go back and forth between that solid green and the diagonal green to the right of it, all I get is Kero's.

Try downloading the newest version and loading your save. I don't know if anything is wrong with the 0.6.27 build.

Yuki Anno

Oct 10, 2015
Try downloading the newest version and loading your save. I don't know if anything is wrong with the 0.6.27 build.

Hrm, did so, but by law of averages I should have seen one by now, and yet still nothing.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Well, better believe it! Because I just went back to mhen'ga and so far all the encounters were zil.

Yuki Anno

Oct 10, 2015
I don't think it matters. Though I used my level 8 character and a freshly created one for the purpose of testing this with similar results.

Okay, I had a fresh character working, but was having an issue with my level 8... ah well. Call it a fluke and move on. Thanks for helping troubleshooting none the less!

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
If you have debug mode on on your level 8 character, that's why you're encountering only frog girls. Debug mode locks the encounters in that area to frog girls.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
If you have debug mode on on your level 8 character, that's why you're encountering only frog girls. Debug mode locks the encounters in that area to frog girls.

Read the OP's first post again. " Debug, Silly, Easy modes are all disabled."

Last edited by a moderator: